Did you know that only 49 Republicans voted FOR Sandy "relief"?

R

rdean

House Republicans tried every trick in the book to either kill or severely cut the bill to funding for super storm Sandy victims. At the end of the night 192 Democrats were joined by just 49 Republicans to pass the $50 billion dollar aid bill—two months after the storm.

It is interesting to note that Eric Cantor’s state of Virginia and Mulvaney’s South Carolina both regularly get federal aid for hurricanes and tornados. Apparently the sauce for the goose is not sauce for the gander to quote Mitt Romney.

Staten-Island_AbandonedNYC_Hurricane-Sandy_MAS-Road-to-Resilience1.jpg

179 Republicans vote to kill Sandy relief - National economic policy

And Republicans on the USMB insist that "let him die" Republicans are only a "tiny minority of radicals".

When did Americans become so heartless towards other Americans. I haven't seen this much hate since, oh, Jim Crowe in the Deep South.

When did Americans become so heartless towards other Americans. I haven't seen this much hate since, oh, Jim Crowe in the Deep South.

It is all part of the TeaTard mindset
Tax money when I need it.........tax money for anyone else is wasteful

Shame on the Republican Party. Only Chris Christie gets it
There are times when you put aside partisan politics

January 16, 2013 ??

Sandy hit in 2012. I only recently read that just 49 Republicans voted for relief. I don't remember the media reporting that. Do you?

The Republican vote on Sandy relief is newsworthy any time that a disaster aid package comes up in their district

What goes around comes around

January 16, 2013 ??

Sandy hit in 2012. I only recently read that just 49 Republicans voted for relief. I don't remember the media reporting that. Do you?

The Republican vote on Sandy relief is newsworthy any time that a disaster aid package comes up in their district

What goes around comes around

Do you know why some lawmakers voted no on the bill, stupid?

Of course you don't.

You're too fucking dense to know why.

How much shit was in the bill that didn't directly relate to the relief efforts?

Why didn't everyone vote no on this? It was filled with wasteful spending.

If they wanted to pass a relief bill then they should have written a relief bill. Period.

More "waste" in the Sandy bill

The bill in question, among other things, provides $150 million for Alaskan fisheries

So a Republican State adds pork to the bill and Republicans shoot down the whole bill because of it?

What a bunch of fucking douchebags

Here is your billions....

Also, an additional $13 billion of the bill would go toward projects that are designed to prepare for future storms

Obvious Government waste, until YOU need it

The bill was for current relief efforts. Future funding needs to be handled separately.

It's not a difficult concept.

From a Congress that is incapable of passing the most simple legislation? I don't think so. This bill was the best chance to get long term disaster relief funded.

That $13 billion is NOT waste and it is deceiptful for conservatives to label it so

Last edited:
Here is your billions....

Also, an additional $13 billion of the bill would go toward projects that are designed to prepare for future storms

Obvious Government waste, until YOU need it

The bill was for current relief efforts. Future funding needs to be handled separately.

It's not a difficult concept.

From a Congress that is incapable of passing the most simple legislation? I don't think so. This bill was the best chance to get long term disaster relief funded.

Your opinion.

Forum List

Back