Did you know that only 49 Republicans voted FOR Sandy "relief"?

When did Americans become so heartless towards other Americans. I haven't seen this much hate since, oh, Jim Crowe in the Deep South.

I remember reading about something that happened in Texas, and Republicans wanted aid for it, but they voted against aid for another State?

House Republicans tried every trick in the book to either kill or severely cut the bill to funding for super storm Sandy victims. At the end of the night 192 Democrats were joined by just 49 Republicans to pass the $50 billion dollar aid bill—two months after the storm.

It is interesting to note that Eric Cantor’s state of Virginia and Mulvaney’s South Carolina both regularly get federal aid for hurricanes and tornados. Apparently the sauce for the goose is not sauce for the gander to quote Mitt Romney.

Staten-Island_AbandonedNYC_Hurricane-Sandy_MAS-Road-to-Resilience1.jpg

179 Republicans vote to kill Sandy relief - National economic policy

And Republicans on the USMB insist that "let him die" Republicans are only a "tiny minority of radicals".

I wonder if it has something to do with the over $16 trillion in debt we now have?

Or the fact that more debt had been added under 4 years of Obama than in the 8 years under Bush?

And let's look at how that deficit was "created".

Two unpaid for wars.

Two tax cuts during a time of war, both passed using reconciliation (meaning Democrats were powerless).

A drugs for votes bill costing trillions also passed using reconciliation.

Millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008.

Tens of thousands of factories closed from 2001 to 2008.

Nearly 50,000 young Americans maimed for life costing trillions over the next 40 years.

Rebuilding Iraq, no cost estimate.

A deregulated economy that crashed and burned losing trillions.

Wasted carcinogenic FEMA trailers after Katrina costing an unknown amount..

And that's just off the top of my head and BEFORE Obama became president. This is the mess he was handed. And Republicans, after doing all this to the country, blocked him at every turn calling him every name imaginable. And the honest ones admit it's because he's black.

Two unpaid for wars.

We wrote checks and they bounced? Hardly.

So now that we have the smartest President, ever, he must have fixed all these issues and cut the debt in half, like he promised. Right?

I wonder if it has something to do with the over $16 trillion in debt we now have?

Or the fact that more debt had been added under 4 years of Obama than in the 8 years under Bush?

Two unpaid for wars.

Two tax cuts during a time of war, both passed using reconciliation (meaning Democrats were powerless).

Nearly 50,000 young Americans maimed for life costing trillions over the next 40 years.

And that's just off the top of my head and BEFORE Obama became president. This is the mess he was handed. And Republicans, after doing all this to the country, blocked him at every turn calling him every name imaginable. And the honest ones admit it's because he's black.

Two unpaid for wars.

So now that we have the smartest President, ever, he must have fixed all these issues and cut the debt in half, like he promised. Right?

We borrowed money from China to pay for our wars.......to date, that debt is still unpaid

Two unpaid for wars.

Two unpaid for wars.

We borrowed money from China to pay for our wars.......to date, that debt is still unpaid

Yeah, and Obama added more debt in his first 4 years than Bush added in 8.
Debt that is still unpaid.

When did Americans become so heartless towards other Americans. I haven't seen this much hate since, oh, Jim Crowe in the Deep South.

I remember reading about something that happened in Texas, and Republicans wanted aid for it, but they voted against aid for another State?

Gee that's not vague at all

On a related story I knew a guy who lived in that place and did that thing one day.

Sandy hit in 2012. I only recently read that just 49 Republicans voted for relief. I don't remember the media reporting that. Do you?

The Republican vote on Sandy relief is newsworthy any time that a disaster aid package comes up in their district

What goes around comes around

Do you know why some lawmakers voted no on the bill, stupid?

Of course you don't.

You're too fucking dense to know why.

actually he does know, it has been pointed out to him in his past threads on this. He just chooses to continue ignoring it and spread his lies Reps are heartless. And it shows just how heartless he is as the bill had more for non Sandy inflicted recipients than it did for those it actually hurt.

Forum List

Back