🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dilemma of Friendship...on USMB

i have two radically different friends on here.....on speaks to me on and off..over my friendship with the other....i just try to be friends to them both and stay out of their fuss...

I've made some friends on the USMB Board, left , right and middle.

Sometimes I find myself caught in a dilemma, two or more friends are just going at it sometimes to the extremes. Since, I know them in calmer times and know them to be sensitive and caring people you wonder at times, if you should get involved or just watch things take there course.

The interesting part is if they knew each other, they would probably get along quite well and have reasonable disagreements.

You may be too sensitive to have friends here, Lumpy.

Sometimes I find myself caught in a dilemma, two or more friends are just going at it sometimes to the extremes. Since, I know them in calmer times and know them to be sensitive and caring people you wonder at times, if you should get involved or just watch things take there course.

The interesting part is if they knew each other, they would probably get along quite well and have reasonable disagreements.

All you do is stay out of it.

Or at the most, you say "Settle down, boys!"

That's good advice.

That's good advice.

Let it all out ,Lumpy. You can always break up and make up-----it's hard to do tho

Message boards bring out the worst in people. Because we are all here in anonymity, we drop much of the social convention that makes society civilized. There's no way we would all act as bad if we were all together in a room.

Its a fascinating look at human psychology on several levels.

I can tell you I act little different at work as I do on this board. I have learned you should be yourself even when you know you're an asshole :lol:

Message boards bring out the worst in people. Because we are all here in anonymity, we drop much of the social convention that makes society civilized. There's no way we would all act as bad if we were all together in a room.

That is why I love it.

The ideas people hold can be tested intellectually without the restraints of social conventions.

I face to face real life you can not challenge peoples false beliefs without major emotional consequences.

On this series of tubes everyone knows your ideas are fair game for srcutiny.

It forces Me and my fellow converser to fully defend our ideas in the white hot light of reality.

That is why I love it.

The ideas people hold can be tested intellectually without the restraints of social conventions.

I face to face real life you can not challenge peoples false beliefs without major emotional consequences.

It forces Me and my fellow converser to fully defend our ideas in the white hot light of reality.

oh if you were only able to do that. :lol:

I can tell you I act little different at work as I do on this board. I have learned you should be yourself even when you know you're an asshole :lol:

Agreed
I am the same, no matter where I am at. I do not know why anyone would try to do otherwise.

Agreed
I am the same, no matter where I am at. I do not know why anyone would try to do otherwise.

I just say whatever comes to my mind-----It's why I don't have any real life friends anymore :lol:

That is why I love it.

You leave out some reality, admit it. :lol:

Agreed

I just say whatever comes to my mind-----It's why I don't have any real life friends anymore :lol:

Well, when what is on your mind is actually the truth about them and they cannot handle it you are better off without them.

Forum List

Back