Dimwit Congressman says working less due to Obamacare means more kids get tucked in a

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
People get to tuck their kids in instead of working. (as the unpaid bills pile up) Yup, when you lose your job because of Obamacare, you can spend more time with your children - at the homeless shelter.

Good grief, these people will spin just about anything to try and make it sound good. Lose your job and your home and they want you to be happy being idle.

Lose your insurance due to Obamacare and can't afford to buy a new policy? Tough shit, people, it's no longer a crisis now that the administration granted themselves all the new powers hidden in the law.

Democratic Representative Mark Pocan explains at this congressional budget hearing that people working fewer hours due to Obamacare means more people able to tuck in their kids at night.

Democratic Congressman: Working Less Due to Obamacare Means More Kids Tucked In at Night | Independent Journal Review

Last edited:
We are on the road to ruin as a Nation when the people we depend on in the media allow the government to spin such an incredibly insulting scenario. Bush, Clinton, Reagan and every president back to Wilson would have been laughed out of office for suggesting that unemployment was the secret to happiness. Barry Hussein must have the magic touch.

You know, this guy might be an idiot, but he's accidentally hitting on a bit of wisdom. Not about Obamacare of course. But about the strength of our modern economy. The "good ol' days" when our economy was most robust, single income households were the norm. Nowadays, most people would starve if they tried it. The total number of jobs available in our economy, relative to our population, probably would have meant a labor shortage back in those days when the economy was built around single income households. But now, the economy is built around the two income household.

You know, this guy might be an idiot, but he's accidentally hitting on a bit of wisdom. Not about Obamacare of course. But about the strength of our modern economy. The "good ol' days" when our economy was most robust, single income households were the norm. Nowadays, most people would starve if they tried it. The total number of jobs available in our economy, relative to our population, probably would have meant a labor shortage back in those days when the economy was built around single income households. But now, the economy is built around the two income household.

Liberals have always bashed stay-at-home moms. Now some of them say it's a plus for the children.

Of course, many families will have both parents home, or both losing their insurance because of Obamacare and they won't be able to afford a new plan.

Just the fact that people are losing their jobs is very bad and yet the Dems refuse to repeal the law that is causing much of this anguish. Instead of doing something that would actually help people, they opted to convince people that being poor is better. The hope is that people will give up looking for work, lose their homes, then walk into the welfare office and start their new lives as government dependents.

That the media does not laugh these idiots out of office is testament to their corruption. That the Left continues to support and countenance such ignorant comments is testament to their stupidity.

Yup I have never seen liberal spin this bad in my life... what I get out of it why would anyone want to make more money and work harder ... you just lose your subsidies and have to pay more in health insurance.

You know, this guy might be an idiot, but he's accidentally hitting on a bit of wisdom. Not about Obamacare of course. But about the strength of our modern economy. The "good ol' days" when our economy was most robust, single income households were the norm. Nowadays, most people would starve if they tried it. The total number of jobs available in our economy, relative to our population, probably would have meantx a labor shortage back in those days when the economy was built around single income households. But now, the economy is built around the two income household.

Single income households could be the norm because the norm didn't require that much. Washing machines were at best wringer washers, clothes dried on a line. Televisions had a few different sizes and were all black and white. There were no computers, x boxes, cell phones or $300.00 sneakers. Dishes were washed and dried by hand. Clothes had tobe ironed to look decent. Women were homemakers because it took a LOT to make a home. There was no such thing as throwing something in the microwave. Without all the stuff people want they could live on one middling to low income today.

Yup I have never seen liberal spin this bad in my life... what I get out of it why would anyone want to make more money and work harder ... you just lose your subsidies and have to pay more in health insurance.

That's what you are supposed to get out of it.

1) That is exactly what he said (I just watched it on C-SPAN), 2) the article is correct in its statements but the representation makes no sense, and 3) what the OP said is a complete lie.

I would encourage everyone to read the article and try to find out why this a bad thing. SwimExpert actually has the best representation of the comment. I would also encourage every one to watch the complete hearing. One would learn all kinds of things the Republicans hope you never know. C-SPAN | U.S. Economic Outlook

Where is this country heading when the message from the Democrats is if you don't feel like working
it's a good thing. Feel free to not work all that much because there are a bunch of dopes out there
that will work long hours so you don't have to if you don't feel like it.

Where is this country heading when the message from the Democrats is if you don't feel like working
it's a good thing. Feel free to not work all that much because there are a bunch of dopes out there

The fact that Democrat's policies really work bothers you, doesn't it?

Wow. Just wow.

What? Tuck the kids into the back seat at night because you've lost your job and you're living out of your car is now going to be a good thing?

What drugs are these people freaking on?

So I have to take an unplanned distribution from my IRA account to have money on hand
to cover my deductible thanks to ObaaCare and people can decide to not work full time
so they can take advantage of subsidies that I end up paying for.

The Liberals would respond...
Yeah so what's your point...

Wow. Just wow.

What? Tuck the kids into the back seat at night because you've lost your job and you're living out of your car is now going to be a good thing?

You don't even have a clue as to what you're talking about.

:lmao:

What fairy tale book are you reading? The New York Times?

Wow. Just wow.

You don't even have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Oooh a newbie.

Do tell. Educate me progressive. But do stay within the boundaries of the OP.

So I have to take an unplanned distribution from my IRA account to have money on hand
to cover my deductible thanks to ObaaCare and people can decide to not work full time
so they can take advantage of subsidies that I end up paying for.

The Liberals would respond...
Yeah so what's your point...

Please explain.

You call that working..
That tells us all we need to know.

Forum List

Back