DIRECTV getting LOTS of cancellation requests for NFL Sunday Ticket, might reverse "NO REFUNDS"

Got it! That is if down means up. Neilson is where the ratings come from.

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year

By David Bauder | AP September 26 at 4:41 PM
NEW YORK — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.77 million this year. The 2017 figures don’t include this week’s Monday night game between the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals.

The Nielsen figures also don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year - The Washington Post

Pretty big news that they are willing to refund a non refundaable.

NFL Sunday Ticket is a service offered by DirecTV that allows football fans to watch every NFL game, every week. It costs $280. Ordinarily, you cannot get a refund for the service once the season starts.

This year, however, DirecTV is offering an unprecedented refund for at least some subscribers who are canceling their subscription due to anger over players protesting during the national anthem. The Wall Street Journal originally reported on the change in policy.

ESPN.com spoke to a spokesman from AT&T, which owns DirecTV, who declined to confirm the change in policy and said the company would not be sharing any statistics on the number of subscribers who canceled for this reason and received refunds. The New York Post spoke to one such subscriber, who claimed that a customer service representative told him that there were already five similar cancellation calls to his own on Tuesday.

More at link:

DirecTV reportedly offering NFL Sunday Ticket refunds to fans angered by protests

The loss of subscribers from DirecTV and other premium services as well as viewers who get the regional OTA games for free will eventually force the NFL to take action.

Advertizing rates are set by the average number of viewers for that program.

From what I read this morning, the NFL will be repaying millions to its largest advertisers.

Each Teams share of the moola will be decreased proportionately.

Are the "kneelers" willing to stand up like real men and accept the cost of their actions as pay cuts become the norm around the league?

Always follow the money.

Do not anger the folks who really write your paycheck!

The free market will take care of the NFL one way or another.
Too bad DirectTV is in a contract to pay the NFL billions per year for many more years. The free market will take care of DirectTV is more accurate.
not if they lose viewership money as directly related to the nfl behavior. I'm sure there is language in that contract bubba. just keep saying that though.

All this madness is a ploy to keep Americans from being concerned about tRump and his many illegal actions. As for me I watch football not the prelude.

All this madness is a ploy to keep Americans from being concerned about tRump and his many illegal actions. As for me I watch football not the prelude.
That's true, and what's funny is these fools ponied up around $250-300 knowing the players were kneeling. Now after Trump, they want their money back, and to not see the games they apparently wanted to see so much.

PS the decline of cable and network tv is not new.

Netflix overtook cable TV in number of subscribers in the US | Markets Morning

Last edited:
Another thread of conservatives searching frantically for something to validate their beliefs. Most of the con posts here are only done for this purpose.

Forum List

Back