Punch Them Hard Where It Hurts: NFL Backlash for Going Political Is Growing

Restaurants Are Turning Their TVs OFF To The NFL.

DirecTV is offering an unprecedented refund of its ‘NFL Sunday ticket’ package over national anthem protests.

Either DirecTV thinks that few customers will take advantage, or that the NFL has become so toxic that they’re willing to issue a lot of refunds in exchange for good PR. The restaurant move makes me think it might be the latter.

CEO of the Dish Network Says That It’s No Longer Unthinkable to Simply Drop ESPN from Cable Networks.
Cutting their noses to spite their faces :laugh:
They call it taking a principled stand ... kinda like you claim the NFL players are doing.

The difference is - this one is already seeing results, unlike the nonsense by the players.

DirecTV is offering an unprecedented refund of its ‘NFL Sunday ticket’ package over national anthem protests.

Either DirecTV thinks that few customers will take advantage, or that the NFL has become so toxic that they’re willing to issue a lot of refunds in exchange for good PR. The restaurant move makes me think it might be the latter.

CEO of the Dish Network Says That It’s No Longer Unthinkable to Simply Drop ESPN from Cable Networks.
Remote control...click...next channel.

Really? How so?
DirectTV losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent and restaurants losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent? Both of their own accord? How silly.

Hen they will be fine! Still, how does this hurt a business who mearly puts a game on for noise?
you've got to be kidding? The whole reason many bars survive is their sports....i've spent every Sunday, (after church)for the entire football season in a bar/restaurant eating Buffalo wings and jalapeno poppers, and drinking pitchers of ice cold beer, while watching the various NFL games on their gazillion TV's with my husband and friends....

a lot of business for bars could be lost imo, if this keeps up...

honestly though, for the guy that's in to football, like my hubby...nothing is gonna make him not watch football and give up, game day shows on Espn or the NFL network...

my father could probably walk....but not my hubby....

That's fine. Your men are not evil liberal communist and it kind of gets to my point. Dumping your sports package over shit like this to some is stupid. Maybe they got friends who say they ARE evil for keeping it, who knows. But two things I can say for sure, looking at the people in the NFL scramble it's clear they regret doing this. At least some. They are already explaining why they did what. Many are back peddling and it's going to get worse if they keep on.

Thanks for the smiley faces, I may go into standup soon.
View attachment 151769
You’ll have to stand if you go to a game, that game was sold out.

Morons like you who think otherwise because most had not yet showed up by a 5:25pm kickoff on a Thursday night have no one to blame but themselves for being so retarded.

Meanwhile.... the fans showed up..,

maxresdefault.jpg

No. They didn't show up. I watched the entire game and also know people that attended. The crowd was not that good. These pictures show a different story. This was before the weekend mess anyway. It's a moot point in regards to the protests, it just shows 49ers moving to Santa Clara was not a good idea.

The 49ers And Rams Played a Great Game In Front Of An Empty Stadium
Sorry, but you can’t lie and claim you watched that game. There’s video evidence too that the stadium filled up later on during the game...

@10:20

851125750-e1506099406535.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL says the side who got their ass handed to them by Trump, lost the House and the Senate. Just go sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking okay.
LOL

That still does not make you the American people nor does it mean you speak for them.

You cult members are truly fucked in the head.

Go win an election if you can, I doubt its possible you people don't represent the American people. Tissue? :laugh:
You can keep sucking off Trump until he shoots a load in your mouth, you’re still not the American people nor do you spread for them. :eusa_naughty:

Your desperation is noted, anything else?
Blues, you should put that filthy-mouthed freak on Ignore.

It's hopeless trying to talk to people like that.
LOL

Here ya go, this one’s for you...

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

View attachment 151769

Morons like you who think otherwise because most had not yet showed up by a 5:25pm kickoff on a Thursday night have no one to blame but themselves for being so retarded.

maxresdefault.jpg

No. They didn't show up. I watched the entire game and also know people that attended. The crowd was not that good. These pictures show a different story. This was before the weekend mess anyway. It's a moot point in regards to the protests, it just shows 49ers moving to Santa Clara was not a good idea.

Sorry, but you can’t lie and claim you watched that game. There’s video evidence too that the stadium filled up later on during the game...

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

My pics vs your pics. Like I said, it's a moot point. This game was before the Presidents comments and the Sunday protests. It was a great game. btw, I own season tickets. So it's in my best interest to see the games packed. I can only tell you I have family out in San Fran and they tell me since the Jim Harbaugh fiasco, the terrible records and the stadium moves the games haven't been as well attended like Candlestick.

View attachment 151769

maxresdefault.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

My pics vs your pics. Like I said, it's a moot point. This game was before the Presidents comments and the Sunday protests. It was a great game. btw, I own season tickets. So it's in my best interest to see the games packed. I can only tell you I have family out in San Fran and they tell me since the Jim Harbaugh fiasco, the terrible records and the stadium moves the games haven't been as well attended like Candlestick.

Your pics show what I pointed out earlier — that a 5:25pm kickoff on a worknight left most folks on their way to the game. That’s why the stadium was so empty early on. My pics show by later in the game, there was a good sized crowd.

Last night’s game came after Trump’s statements and it was sold out.

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

View attachment 151769

maxresdefault.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Your pics show what I pointed out earlier — that a 5:25pm kickoff on a worknight left most folks on their way to the game. That’s why the stadium was so empty early on. My pics show by later in the game, there was a good sized crowd.

I recall watching the game in the 3rd quarter thinking more people should be at this game. It doesn't matter, I'm not rooting for empty stadiums and neither are you.

Green Bay sold that game out years ago. Many cities have waiting lists for PSLs so there won't be a huge drop off in attendance figures. It depends on the city. But there is no doubt viewership and attendance over has been down. That is no secret.

maxresdefault.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I recall watching the game in the 3rd quarter thinking more people should be at this game. It doesn't matter, I'm not rooting for empty stadiums and neither are you.

Green Bay sold that game out years ago. Many cities have waiting lists for PSLs so there won't be a huge drop off in attendance figures. It depends on the city. But there is no doubt viewership and attendance over has been down. That is no secret.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Attendance is doing just fine.

2017 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN

These idiot liberals don't get it, the American people won't tolerate disrespecting our country they live in their liberal bubble cut off from reality.

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag.
The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

• See the following points in the ad:
    • 00:11 -- bottom center
    • 00:26 -- you won't miss it.

98852_2_1.jpg

donald-trump-make-america-great-again-flag-1.jpg

Widmer_LeMonde_Trump-3.jpg

636387551129889521-USP-NASCAR--Firecracker-250.jpg

055d17e2c5289d35413389668d7902d7--pro-trump-trump-wins.jpg

A selection of paper napkins

trump_make_america_great_again_napkin-r23ec059d467441ef9af5de090c92963b_zfkx3_400.jpg

trump_for_president_2016_napkin-r798be6ef88f94547858f33fd2354d8bd_2cf00_8byvr_324.jpg

No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

You've missed my point. The paid attendance vs actual attendance are two different things. For example, the Ravens games are sold out due to all the PSLs being sold. So the #'s will always show attendance is fine. But that doesn't mean everyone is attending the games. There was a noticeable amount of empty seats during the Ravens vs Browns game. This was opening day, a game which I attended. The lack of fans attending the games was a topic of conversation in Baltimore before the protest BS.

View attachment 151769

maxresdefault.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

Dufus, the game was sold out months before the NFL became a laughing stock last week.

And funny how all the players are standing and denying it was ever about America.

They got their asses kicked by Trump.

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

You've missed my point. The paid attendance vs actual attendance are two different things. For example, the Ravens games are sold out due to all the PSLs being sold. So the #'s will always show attendance is fine. But that doesn't mean everyone is attending the games. There was a noticeable amount of empty seats during the Ravens vs Browns game. This was opening day, a game which I attended. The lack of fans attending the games was a topic of conversation in Baltimore before the protest BS.

What I posted is actual attendance.

maxresdefault.jpg

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

Dufus, the game was sold out months before the NFL became a laughing stock last week.

And funny how all the players are standing and denying it was ever about America.

LOL

Oh? Which of those players kneeled prior to last night’s game?

And so what if it was sold out? Where’s the commitment and conviction from you rightards to boycott the game anyway? Like this soldier...

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

LOL

And so what if it was sold out? Where’s the commitment and conviction from you rightards to boycott the game anyway? Like this soldier...

Ya, which player kneeled last night?
None, their asses were too sore from the ass kicking by Trump.

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

LOL

Ya, which player kneeled last night?
None, their asses were too sore from the ass kicking by Trump.

LOL

Why not answer the question I asked...?

Which players from last night kneeled in previous games?

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

LOL

Okay...he burnt his ticket and made his point.

So what if he burnt his "fancy" ticket. He holds season tickets.

Print My Tickets
If you’ve lost your tickets or need to have them in hand and don’t have your originals with you, you can print your tickets from your personal printer up to three (3) hours prior to kick off and parking passes up to six (6) hours prior to kickoff. There is no charge for this service.
  • Click on “manage my tickets” (this will take you to a calendar)
  • Select the game or parking event you wish to print
    • A pop-up window will open
    • From the drop down menu, select “Print Tickets”
    • Select the seat(s) you wish to sell
    • Click done
  • In the orange box at the top right of the calendar, you will see the number of tickets you wish to print
  • Click Continue
  • A new window will open and allow you to print your tickets
More drama than daytime television.

I suspect a lot of fans don't care about the controversy of taking a knee because once the Anthem is over, the game is on. It's never not been that way.

A Green Bay fan:

A Redskins fan:

920x920.jpg

10297373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DK2eSBPW4AAI1dV.jpg

DK2eTR6W4AAHGnr.jpg

LOL

In answer to your question - how did NFL players handle last night's game?

We saw what they did on the field .... but, what we didn't see was that three GB Packers (Kevin King, Martellus Bennett, and Lance Kendricks) and 9 Bears (names not released) refused to take part in the National Anthem and stayed in the locker room.

So much for all that unity stuff, huh?

Forum List

Back