Discuss the State of the Union Address here?

No. Not "too bad". He either wants to lead or not. If not, then he is not the person for the job. Kind of like people begging Christie. You don't beg someone to lead, they either go for that themselves or not. Stay home and sit on the couch and monday morning quarterback after the game is over.

And, there are times in life where you may choose the comfort of not doing versus the discomfort of doing. Everyone has to decide where that line may be. Being in the spotlight would be grueling for me, it isn't something i could do. The race for the Presidency is grueling as well it should be.
So, if Daniels thinks that somehow that should be easy for him, sorry, it isn't.

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

He's always been an articulate orator. How do you think he got elected in the first place?
He bullshitted his way into office.

Obama once again exposed his utter ignorance on oil and gas issues.

There is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to tax policy, yet he heaped praise on natural gas while once again berating the oil industry.

He's a crafty mothafucka. Stupid, but crafty.

If you want to use a term at "mothafucka" and then accuse someone else of stupidity, thats a stretch. LOL.

How did he berate one and not the other on tax policy?

Natural gas operations, which include exploration/drilling/production/storage/transportation/marketing, are essentially identical to crude oil operations.

They are also treated the same with respect to accounting and taxes.

So, for Obama to state that oil has "received subsidies for a century" (a lie) then he would also have to say the same for natural gas.

Also many companies, especially the larger ones (mostly independents), have comingled operations- involving both oil and natural gas.

I knew this was coming. Several days ago I read that Obama intended to heavily address natural gas. I knew something fishy was about to go down. Sure enough, he siezed the opportunity to once again villify oil. And here's why- still included in his yet-to-be-approved budget are as much as $90 billion in new taxes on the oil industry.

So, he's purposefully dividing two identical industries in order to rationalize unfair punitive taxes on oil.

He's going to get called on this and he'll ultimately eat his words.

No. Not "too bad". He either wants to lead or not. If not, then he is not the person for the job. Kind of like people begging Christie. You don't beg someone to lead, they either go for that themselves or not. Stay home and sit on the couch and monday morning quarterback after the game is over.

I agree. If you don't want to lead then don't. Stay home.

Its just to bad he doesn't want to lead. LOL

Did I hear correctly?

Did he discuss the "padlock" manufacturer that has shown a generous amount of growth and proseprity during his administration?

The padlock company that is the leader in padlock sales that are used by banks when they foreclose on a property?

If he did....does he not relizse that such is a BAD thing? Does he not realize that it means foreclosures are booming? Or does he just assume the American People are too naive to realize this?

Or was it a lie that he mentioned it. I really dont know. I fell asleep half way through the address.

Did I hear correctly?

Did he discuss the "padlock" manufacturer that has shown a generous amount of growth and proseprity during his administration?

The padlock company that is the leader in padlock sales that are used by banks when they foreclose on a property?

If he did....does he not relizse that such is a BAD thing? Does he not realize that it means foreclosures are booming? Or does he just assume the American People are too naive to realize this?

Or was it a lie that he mentioned it. I really dont know. I fell asleep half way through the address.

Yea... that's why I asked about the 'bill to stop congresscritters from insider trading'. I was laying in bed thinking 'wtf, did I just dream that? We need a bill to stop congress from doing something that is illegal across this country - and the world?'

$SourGrapesAward.jpg

To all of you right wing, low information voters.

Did I hear correctly?

Yea... that's why I asked about the 'bill to stop congresscritters from insider trading'. I was laying in bed thinking 'wtf, did I just dream that? We need a bill to stop congress from doing something that is illegal across this country - and the world?'

But is it true?

Did he really talk about the impressive growth of a company that makes padlocks that are used by banks when they foreclose on a property?

This has been the biggest gathering of mindless sheep I've seen in awhile. Where's that damn wolf when you need him?

A liberal circle jerk if you will.

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

Well said, Obama is the moocher class President.

This has been the biggest gathering of mindless sheep I've seen in awhile. Where's that damn wolf when you need him?
Kickin'
ASS
!!!!!

"When Mr. Obama was overheard congratulating Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta as the president entered Congress for his State of the Union message, the two hostages were already safe, though the mission was not yet complete. The president made no mention of the rescue in Somalia, but he did refer to the killing of Osama bin Laden in a similar operation conducted in May by Navy Seals."​

cowboy-obama1.jpg

"When ya' fuck with the bull....ya' get the horn!!"​

He's always been an articulate orator. How do you think he got elected in the first place?
He bullshitted his way into office.

Obama once again exposed his utter ignorance on oil and gas issues.

There is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to tax policy, yet he heaped praise on natural gas while once again berating the oil industry.

He's a crafty mothafucka. Stupid, but crafty.

If you want to use a term at "mothafucka" and then accuse someone else of stupidity, thats a stretch. LOL.

Natural gas operations, which include exploration/drilling/production/storage/transportation/marketing, are essentially identical to crude oil operations.

So, for Obama to state that oil has "received subsidies for a century" (a lie) then he would also have to say the same for natural gas.
Okay, and your point is that he didn't include Natural Gas in the speech and "just" said oil?

How long have they received subsidies?

Also many companies, especially the larger ones (mostly independents), have comingled operations- involving both oil and natural gas.

I knew this was coming. Several days ago I read that Obama intended to heavily address natural gas. I knew something fishy was about to go down. Sure enough, he siezed the opportunity to once again villify oil. And here's why- still included in his yet-to-be-approved budget are as much as $90 billion in new taxes on the oil industry.

So, he's purposefully dividing two identical industries in order to rationalize unfair punitive taxes on oil.

I don't see where he's dividing them by his words in the SOTU but he may be doing it elsewhere. My guess is that if you are correct, he's doing it to try to move to something cleaner which would be the Natural Gas. I don't know that it is cleaner but it certainly seems cleaner since we have LNG vehicles running around the streets.

Okay, and your point is that he didn't include Natural Gas in the speech and "just" said oil?

I don't see where he's dividing them by his words in the SOTU but he may be doing it elsewhere. My guess is that if you are correct, he's doing it to try to move to something cleaner which would be the Natural Gas. I don't know that it is cleaner but it certainly seems cleaner since we have LNG vehicles running around the streets.

My point is Obama's an idiot and is talking out his ass.

Oil and gas have never received "subsidies". How many times do I have to state that?

Subsidies means mailbox money- it's what farmers have been getting "for a century".

Why would he expound on the virtues of natural gas when that industry is essentially identical to crude oil - and I say that because of his irresponsible comment regarding alleged "subsidies" and "profits". He contradicted himself. He's a freaking paradox.

It's an obvious set-up for the coming budget debate. A budget that contains nearly $90 billion in taxes on BOTH the oil and gas industries.

Obama is a petrophobe, and a stupid one at that. He's throws money at Brazil to encourage their oil projects, then says THIS about the U.S. oil industry?

He's one scary dude.

My point is Obama's an idiot and is talking out his ass.

Oil and gas have never received "subsidies". How many times do I have to state that?

Subsidies means mailbox money- it's what farmers have been getting "for a century".

Why would he expound on the virtues of natural gas when that industry is essentially identical to crude oil - and I say that because of his irresponsible comment regarding alleged "subsidies" and "profits". He contradicted himself. He's a freaking paradox.

It's an obvious set-up for the coming budget debate. A budget that contains nearly $90 billion in taxes on BOTH the oil and gas industries.

Obama is a petrophobe, and a stupid one at that. He's throws money at Brazil to encourage their oil projects, then says THIS about the U.S. oil industry?

He's one scary dude.

What is "mailbox money"?

Forum List

Back