🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Disgusting people in Irving, TX. Barbie doll mayor is a bigot xenophobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Handcuffed for Making Clock, Ahmed Mohamed, 14, Wins Time With Obama

Here's what gets me - you got all these conservative, libertarian anti-Goververnmnet types, people on the right who yell and scream about Government overreach and abuse, about the IRS singling out groups etc. -- BUT when it comes to a 14-yo boy with a darker skin complexion, a different sounding name and of Muslim faith, we don't hear a FUCKING peep out of them. Ted Cruz should have made a beeline for Irving TX and read these cops the riot act and told that Mayor to shut her xenophobic mouth.

But he won't do it. No integrity. Total hypocrite.

A Republican who will stand up to the Xenophobic base and say "Not in this country, we don't treat children like that." could potentially redefine the party.

HOUSTON — Ahmed Mohamed’s homemade alarm clock got him suspended from his suburban Dallas high school and detained and handcuffed by police officers on Monday after school officials accused him of making a fake bomb. By Wednesday, it had brought him an invitation to the White House, support from Hillary Rodham Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg, and a moment of head-spinning attention as questions arose whether he had been targeted because of his name and his religion.

As a result, a 14-year-old freshman at MacArthur High School in Irving, Tex., who is partial to tinkering, technology and NASA T-shirts and wants to go to M.I.T., found himself in a social media whirlwind that reflected the nation’s charged debates on Islam, immigration and ethnicity.

“Cool clock, Ahmed,” President Obama said on Twitter. “Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It’s what makes America great.” Mr. Obama’s staff invited Ahmed to the White House for Astronomy Night on Oct. 19, an event bringing together scientists, engineers, astronauts, teachers and students to spend a night stargazing from the South Lawn.

Real America = place where a 14-yo is NOT arrested and harassed by police for being smart.

Real America = not Irving Texas.

Real America = in this young man's heart and mind.

Shame on the GOP candidates for not calling out the School, the cops, the Mayor as Un-American. What they did was despicable.

To whitey America he's a just another Terrorist Sand ******, obviously. Don't expect the paranoid rightwingers to denounce that, they wanted him deported as well, just to be safe.

I looked at that clock and for the life of me I don't know how anyone could mistake it for a bomb. Where's the explosive, dipshits?

Wires! There's wires! And a MUSLIM!!! Alert Delta Force! Call Chuck Norris! Ignite the bat signal! Don't mess with Texas!

The clock isn't even all that exceptional. It's above the kid's grade level, but nothing special.

I think they should apologize, but honestly if a white kid took the science project to school, I think the result should be pretty much the same. Handcuffs seem a bit much, though. I mean look who blew up Columbine.

Obama has invited the kid to bring the bomb to the White House.

Because he hates Merka.

I looked at that clock and for the life of me I don't know how anyone could mistake it for a bomb. Where's the explosive, dipshits?

Wires! There's wires! And a MUSLIM!!! Alert Delta Force! Call Chuck Norris! Ignite the bat signal! Don't mess with Texas!

The clock isn't even all that exceptional. It's above the kid's grade level, but nothing special.
That I agree with, but we're talking HS English teacher here. A degree of overconcern is not necessarily paranoia in the sick world we inhabit.

I think they should apologize, but honestly if a white kid took the science project to school, I think the result should be pretty much the same. Handcuffs seem a bit much, though. I mean look who blew up Columbine.

Did you hear what the cop said to the kid?

The cop wouldn't have said that to a white kid.

The point is there is a trickle down effect when community leaders voice racist, bigoted views or anti-mulsim views - then the police think it's okay to act a certain way, the school does the same.

Can one intelligent adult look at the project and see that it's a CLOCK? Nothing more.

Nope.

When another 14-year-old boy built a nuclear reactor at his parents’ home he was invited to meet with officials from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Energy — who offered their expert assistance, equipment and encouragement to apply for a research grant.

To whitey America he's a just another Terrorist Sand ******, obviously. Don't expect the paranoid rightwingers to denounce that, they wanted him deported as well, just to be safe.

John McCain is not without fault, but he stood up to this sort of thing. Consistently.

Did you hear what the cop said to the kid?

The cop wouldn't have said that to a white kid.

The point is there is a trickle down effect when community leaders voice racist, bigoted views or anti-mulsim views - then the police think it's okay to act a certain way, the school does the same.

Can one intelligent adult look at the project and see that it's a CLOCK? Nothing more.
I don't see a quote from the cop who arrested the kid. Like I said, handcuffs seem extreme to me. He's a kid, after all. But, there was no assignment to build clocks. The only way to know the thing was just a clock was to look at it, and form that conclusion. Given what's transpired in schools, I think teachers have no choice but to err on the side of school safety.

The mayor seems to be a bigot.

Nice bait and switch there, Hazel. LOL

We've already had multiple threads on this story. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back