Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

No. Real men drink whiskey.
Well, I have to admit I drink whiskey and beer. My everyday beer is Coors Lite but I also like Guinness Stout with a good meal. I like Jim Beams whiskey.

Keep pretending that believing in science and free will is bad “woke”. You’ll lose another election. Women are turning in droves away from the right, white idiot.
I believe in free will but I also feel parents have the right to raise their children. They do not belong to the state. I don’t want any teacher trying to convince my two great grandchildren who are boys that they should have been girls. Once they are fully mature they can make that decision for themselves.

Science will tell you that you can’t make a man a woman.

WHY DON'T YOU WANT OTHER COMPANIES TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE?
name one specific company and lets discuss. Now why not Disney? now why the hypocrisy. YOU ARGUED others should pay, but don't think Disney should? Why is that?

Patter recognition should tell you that when the MSM media is screaming about something, it's BS.

Disney isn’t killing Florida jobs over Ron DeSantis — but to save itself

Bob Iger is more than just Disney’s CEO; he’s also a progressive and a shadow member of Sleepy Joe Biden’s Cabinet, which is why he’s trying to stick the knife into Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his looming run to be the GOP nominee in 2024.

Like everyone else on Team Biden, Iger knows that the brain-addled president’s best chance to win re-election isn’t against the successful two-term governor who turned a purple state staunchly red.

It’s against one man and one man only — the volatile, conspiracy-mongering, baggage-carrying former president, Donald Trump.

That’s why Iger is trying to spin what everyone on Wall Street and inside Disney knows is a simple cost-cutting move into some noble act of defiance and throw shade on Joe Biden’s worst nightmare in 2024.

Keep pretending that believing in science and free will is bad “woke”. You’ll lose another election. Women are turning in droves away from the right, white idiot.
The same women can fight for the nation when the time comes. Social justice rights were won over a half century ago. Unfortunately, we had to destroy white males to get agendas done. And white males who are stupid and have good employment screwed with others to turn them against them. Live by a code. If someone of any power screws with you, watch them die and never help them if it comes to it. This nation has more than two sides. It has tens of millions of gremlins reeking of vengeance in a silent way.

name one specific company and lets discuss. Now why not Disney? now why the hypocrisy. YOU ARGUED others should pay, but don't think Disney should? Why is that?

When the government singles out only one entity, creating a special law that only applies to it, after it criticized a law...then it has nothing to do with "paying its fair share". You know that.

Is Disney not paying it's fair share? What IS a "fair share"? It has to be defined (because it isn't really about that)

Florida offers significant tax breaks to businesses in order to attrct them and retain them. Florida has over 1800 special tax districts. Are they paying their "fair share"?

If Disney is no different, then why is it being singled out?

That is a rhetorical question, we all know why. Hell, I'm not even a Disney fan, but to use their legislative power to punish a company solely for exercising its free speech rights, is wrong. Why do you support that?

Read his post again, you whiffed on it. He clearly did not say that

Which you just called "trolling"
That is irrelevant. I clearly did not say what he claimed so accuracy is not important.

That is irrelevant. I clearly did not say what he claimed so accuracy is not important.

You said this "WHY DON'T YOU WANT OTHER COMPANIES TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE?"

Show where he said he wants that. I read back a couple pages, he didn't

You said this "WHY DON'T YOU WANT OTHER COMPANIES TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE?"

Show where he said he wants that. I read back a couple pages, he didn't
Show me where I said I didn't want Disney to pay its fair share.

Show me where I said I didn't want Disney to pay its fair share.

You don't see the quote I'm asking you about that is copied in my post? Seriously? I quoted you and said I'm challenging this quote, the one I quoted, what don't you understand about that?

I don't need to show anything about "motivation" to wonder why leftists are against Disney paying their "fair share"

Leftists LOVE to talk about that shit, until it's a company they support having to do it. Then all of a sudden its a terrible thing.

DeSantis motivation could be to make cotton candy on Mars. thats irrelevant. If the END RESULT is Disney having to pay their fair share......why are leftists all of a sudden against that? seeing how they've been preaching (and continue to preach) thats a GREAT thing whenever other companies are involved.
You can think whatever you want but that does not change the fact that the government cannot use its power to punish political actions taken by companies.

That you like the end result does not justify the means to get there. You realize we learned this lesson a LONG time ago - virtually no one is thinks the ends justify the means. Is that a position that you are seriously taking?

The stock loses of 50 billion dollars were MUCH bigger than the streaming losses. of 1.5 billion.

Walt Disney Co, said continued heavy investment in its streamingbusiness held its profit-making ability in check during its fiscal fourth quarter, part of the media giant’s ongoing effort to reshape its operations for a world increasingly dominated by broadband-delivered media.

The Burbank, CA owner of the ABC television network, the Pixar movie studio and the Disney+ and Hulu streaming hubs said Tuesday that net income from continuing operations was essentially flat, rising just 1% to $162 million, compared with $160 million in the year-earlier period. The results come after Disney saw an operating loss in its streaming operations of $1.5 billion — $800 million more than the year-earlier quarter. The company said the loss was due to a higher loss at Disney+ and a decrease in results at Hulu.

Actually the losses might have been worse.

This post make me think you do not know what stocks are or what stock losses mean.

You have no clue how any of this works or what any of those terms even mean.

Is Disney not paying it's fair share? What IS a "fair share"? It has to be defined (because it isn't really about that)
we need liberals to tell US that....since its always liberals screaming that certain people aren't paying it!!!!

Florida offers significant tax breaks to businesses in order to attrct them and retain them. Florida has over 1800 special tax districts. Are they paying their "fair share"?
again, tell me a specific company and lets discuss.

so why don't you want Disney to pay their fair share?

we need liberals to tell US that....since its always liberals screaming that certain people aren't paying it!!!!

again, tell me a specific company and lets discuss.

so why don't you want Disney to pay their fair share?
Why don't you want those 1800 other special districts to pay their fair share? (using your "logic" here)

Why do you think Disney doesn't?

I can't answer your question because you are claiming something I haven't said.

It is up to YOU to define "fair share" because YOU made a point of it.

When the government singles out only one entity, creating a special law that only applies to it, after it criticized a law...then it has nothing to do with "paying its fair share". You know that.

That is a rhetorical question, we all know why. Hell, I'm not even a Disney fan, but to use their legislative power to punish a company solely for exercising its free speech rights, is wrong. Why do you support that?
"Fair share" is something you idiots make up as you go along.

DeSantis opposes teachers pushing sexual orientation and gender identity on young children. I agree with DeSantis and feel Disney should stay out of the controversy. I don’t want some teacher messing with my great grandchildren’s sexual orientation or gender identity as they are not mature.

Forum List

Back