Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

348259727_921041468967432_4695376691424046488_n.jpg
Disney is obviously going to save a lot of money in LA where it's cheap. Yeah, ass hat, it's DeSantis who screwed up. Sure it is

The drop in Disney stock prices hurt more.

View attachment 787203

View attachment 787202
Hurt more than what?

Drops in stock are not causes, they are effects.

And you have presented nothing that connects that effect to DeSantis where there is a lot of evidence it is related to failed streaming and failed video content. They failed so hard they even lied about it and are now getting sued.

DeSantis is not a major factor here, the billions in losses are.

Because it’s bud light, the primary drink of fat ass Trump Humper trailer trash.
You must be one of the elite who drinks 20 year old wine.

Real men drink beer. Therefore, real men no longer drink Bud Lite. It’s the beer of Trans men.

1684660495358.png

1684660992233.jpeg

Hurt more than what?

Drops in stock are not causes, they are effects.

And you have presented nothing that connects that effect to DeSantis where there is a lot of evidence it is related to failed streaming and failed video content. They failed so hard they even lied about it and are now getting sued.

DeSantis is not a major factor here, the billions in losses are.
Really ? Being woke hurts ?

Not really. Believing in science and treating everyone the same polls well.
Being an ass hole and using the gov to strip people of their rights is not.
It seems conservatives have come full circle, using the gov to fk people over.
The stock loses of 50 billion dollars were MUCH bigger than the streaming losses. of 1.5 billion.

Walt Disney Co, said continued heavy investment in its streamingbusiness held its profit-making ability in check during its fiscal fourth quarter, part of the media giant’s ongoing effort to reshape its operations for a world increasingly dominated by broadband-delivered media.

The Burbank, CA owner of the ABC television network, the Pixar movie studio and the Disney+ and Hulu streaming hubs said Tuesday that net income from continuing operations was essentially flat, rising just 1% to $162 million, compared with $160 million in the year-earlier period. The results come after Disney saw an operating loss in its streaming operations of $1.5 billion — $800 million more than the year-earlier quarter. The company said the loss was due to a higher loss at Disney+ and a decrease in results at Hulu.

Actually the losses might have been worse.

I don't need to show anything about "motivation" to wonder why leftists are against Disney paying their "fair share"

Leftists LOVE to talk about that shit, until it's a company they support having to do it. Then all of a sudden its a terrible thing.

DeSantis motivation could be to make cotton candy on Mars. thats irrelevant. If the END RESULT is Disney having to pay their fair share......why are leftists all of a sudden against that? seeing how they've been preaching (and continue to preach) thats a GREAT thing whenever other companies are involved.

Disney was already paying their fair share (whatever that even means). They paid more than a billion dollars in taxes last year.

And nothing DeSantis has done change their tax situation.

The stock loses of 50 billion dollars were MUCH bigger than the streaming losses. of 1.5 billion.

Walt Disney Co, said continued heavy investment in its streamingbusiness held its profit-making ability in check during its fiscal fourth quarter, part of the media giant’s ongoing effort to reshape its operations for a world increasingly dominated by broadband-delivered media.

The Burbank, CA owner of the ABC television network, the Pixar movie studio and the Disney+ and Hulu streaming hubs said Tuesday that net income from continuing operations was essentially flat, rising just 1% to $162 million, compared with $160 million in the year-earlier period. The results come after Disney saw an operating loss in its streaming operations of $1.5 billion — $800 million more than the year-earlier quarter. The company said the loss was due to a higher loss at Disney+ and a decrease in results at Hulu.

Actually the losses might have been worse.

Keep pretending that believing in science and free will is bad “woke”. You’ll lose another election. Women are turning in droves away from the right, white idiot.

so why are you against Disney paying their fair share? YOU JUST ARGUED that many other companies should do so. Why do you want to exempt Disney from that?
Many major employers negotiate lower property tax rates just to supply the thousands of jobs they create in a state. Disney also takes in responsibilities that the state would have to incur with your tax dollar.

Last edited:
And the flood insurance…..
Yep, my flood insurance went up again this year. I read an article the other day that quite a few of people who moved here in the past 5 years have left solely because of homeowners, wind and flood insurance, not to mention the rate increases for Florida power and light. More people move in and people move out. The people that move in better be prepared.

All of this could have been avoided and it would have been business as usual if Disney simply didn't play social agenda politics.

If they just stuck to making movies and shows for kids and adults, just tried to let people have fun and kept their mouths shut on things that have nothing to do with Disney then they would still have their special privileges.

But nope. Disney had to go woke and caused themselves a lot of unnecessary grief.

Walt Disney 'Bud Light' World.

Yep, my flood insurance went up again this year. I read an article the other day that quite a few of people who moved here in the past 5 years have left solely because of homeowners, wind and flood insurance, not to mention the rate increases for Florida power and light. More people move in and people move out. The people that move in better be prepared.
Exactly. It’s a generational problem. If you’re willing to finance property that is stable for the next 100 years, it may be worth it. The problem is, if climate change happens at a faster rate than those who move in are willing to adapt, they lose big time.

I seem to remember property taxes are also a problem. Existing homeowners have done degree of protection from property values increasing but if the home is sold it resets.

Is that true?

WW

I seem to remember property taxes are also a problem. Existing homeowners have done degree of protection from property values increasing but if the home is sold it resets.

Is that true?

WW
It seems I've heard that but don't really know. I know the only thing that is cheaper for me is property taxes but it doesn't even come close to all the insurance's on home. I've lived here 32 years have the exemptions and a $5000 exemption for veterans and I came from up north and I have recently figured that with the higher property taxes up there it would still be cheaper considering insurance's to move back to my home state.

There is a house 1 block from me but on the water, not the gulf or atlantic that are paying together homeowner's, wind and flood $60,000 premiums per year.

And now its Disney's turn. 2,000 jobs by by.

Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud​

PUBLISHED THU, MAY 18 2023 2:15 PM EDTUPDATED 7 MIN AGO

Sarah Whitten
@SARAHWHIT10
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Disney will no longer be moving forward with the construction of its Lake Nona, Florida, employee campus.
  • The company will also no longer be requiring California-based employees to relocate.
  • The announcement comes amid a bitter feud between the company and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis centered in part around the company's special district and development plans.
In this article
Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.
Roberto Machado Noa | Lightrocket | Getty Images
Disney has abandoned plans to open up a new employee campus in Lake Nona, Florida, amid rising tensions with the state's governor.
Citing "changing business conditions" and the return of CEO Bob Iger, Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks, experiences and products division, penned a memo to employees Thursday, announcing that the company will not move forward with construction of the campus and will no longer be asking more than 2,000 California-based employees to relocate to Florida.
You morons applaud idiots like AOC killing jobs. If DeSantis is doing the same why is Disney planning to invest more money in Florida ?
"D'Amaro reiterated in his memo that the company still plans to invest $17 billion in Florida over the next 10 years, including the addition of around 13,000 jobs."

It seems I've heard that but don't really know. I know the only thing that is cheaper for me is property taxes but it doesn't even come close to all the insurance's on home. I've lived here 32 years have the exemptions and a $5000 exemption for veterans and I came from up north and I have recently figured that with the higher property taxes up there it would still be cheaper considering insurance's to move back to my home state.

There is a house 1 block from me but on the water, not the gulf or atlantic that are paying together homeowner's, wind and flood $60,000 premiums per year.

I'm just a few miles from the cost in Virginia. Out homeowners insurance is about $3000 a year.

WW

Forum List

Back