Dissolve political parties?

Dissolve all political parties?

• Total voters
What I would do away with is:

1. the government administering political party membership

2. Primary elections.

Let the parties control and pay for their membership and let them decide who their candidates will be in the General Election.

Edit to add: I would keep the Electoral College.

Last edited:
Yes to parties, no to popular vote

No parties would really confuse the uninformed voters which I'm all for

Having parties really confuses the uninformed voter. People think stuff from SNL is true! Uninformed voters are the worst thing to happen to politics. But of course, there's nothing that can be do e about many of them.

I think we should get rid of the electoral college. I don't think it is feasible to get rid of the parties, but we need to change how we campaign. We need to take the money out of it. And also campaigns should only be a few months long, at most 6 months. We waste millions of dollars on campaigns--enough to keep a third world country going, with everyone fed and having free health care, shelter and education.

I think we should get rid of the electoral college. I don't think it is feasible to get rid of the parties, but we need to change how we campaign. We need to take the money out of it. And also campaigns should only be a few months long, at most 6 months. We waste millions of dollars on campaigns--enough to keep a third world country going, with everyone fed and having free health care, shelter and education.

With your program we will become a third world banana republic sooner than we already are. The electoral college is the last thing protecting this republic from the teeming hordes in the cities.

With your program we will become a third world banana republic sooner than we already are. The electoral college is the last thing protecting this republic from the teeming hordes in the cities.

By which you mean nonwhite people :rolleyes:

Yes to parties, no to popular vote

No parties would really confuse the uninformed voters which I'm all for

Exactly. Then the unwashed would have to look deeper than the (D) or (R) after a candidate's name to figure out whether they agreed with them or not. Oh the horror.

There can be a happy medium between a book sized ballot and laws designed to keep anyone not a R or D off the ballot.

I have NEVER gotten a ballot for Federal office with just a D or R choice, where the hell do you live? The procedures are set by the States and every election plenty of people get on the ballet for most of the offices.

It's never just an R or D choice to be sure, but ballot access laws are written to keep all those I and third party people off the ballot.

Go look at your state's ballot laws and think how hard it is to get on the ballot as a grassroots movement.

The current system is run by special interests (big money) which divides Americans into warring factions that are more tribal than the Kurds and Shiites. Talk Radio teaches Republican voters to hate Liberals in ways that are so extreme. If a Republican treats a Liberal like a real American, than that Republican is exiled.

The two party system is all about divide and conquer. The Republican Leadership doesn't care about religion and traditional values any more than the Democratic Leadership cares about the worker.

They both serve big business.

The current system is run by special interests (big money) which divides Americans into warring factions that are more tribal than the Kurds and Shiites. Talk Radio teaches Republican voters to hate Liberals in ways that are so extreme...
So... what teaches liberals to hate Republicans?

If a Republican treats a Liberal like a real American, than that Republican is exiled.
This is, of course, a lie.

By which you mean nonwhite people :rolleyes:

Yes. Heaven forbid I oppose mob rule by foreigners. That's just unamerican, oh wait...

Forum List

Back