🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Diversity is strength alert: They eat camels in Kentucky!

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Next thing you know, we'll have camel ranches in Texas!

Diversity is strength alert They eat camels in Kentucky Refugee Resettlement Watch

Ahhhh! More beautiful diversity, this time from Louisville, KY where Somalis bring in Halal camel meat for the growing Somali population.

From the Journal-Courier (emphasis mine):

45972-Hump-Day-Camel.jpg

The day you get eaten in Kentucky? Image here: Hump Day Camel Pictures Photos and Images for Facebook Tumblr Pinterest and Twitter

Between 160 and 200 pounds of frozen camel meat goes out the door every week at the Global Food Market, a tiny grocery on Eighth Street downtown.

That is where storekeeper Osman Ibrahim sells the 2-pound tenderloin camel roasts from his freezer case at $6.99 per pound. Store customers, who are largely Somali immigrants in Louisville, stew or slow-braise the camel, he said.

In Somalia, “camel is something you eat every day,” said Ibrahim, who emigrated to the U.S. from Mogadishu and started his ethnic grocery in Louisville eight years ago. [I guess this store is accepts food stamps–ed]

The boneless camel comes frozen from Australia, where the animals are slaughtered according to Halal customs, which are Muslim standards for food preparation, he added.

See a description of Halal slaughter methods in Australia, here. Not so great for the animal in some situations.

Where is PETA? Are they on the Halal slaughter case here in the US? Does anyone know?

Next thing you know, we'll have camel ranches in Texas!

Diversity is strength alert They eat camels in Kentucky Refugee Resettlement Watch

Ahhhh! More beautiful diversity, this time from Louisville, KY where Somalis bring in Halal camel meat for the growing Somali population.

From the Journal-Courier (emphasis mine):

45972-Hump-Day-Camel.jpg

The day you get eaten in Kentucky? Image here: Hump Day Camel Pictures Photos and Images for Facebook Tumblr Pinterest and Twitter

Between 160 and 200 pounds of frozen camel meat goes out the door every week at the Global Food Market, a tiny grocery on Eighth Street downtown.

That is where storekeeper Osman Ibrahim sells the 2-pound tenderloin camel roasts from his freezer case at $6.99 per pound. Store customers, who are largely Somali immigrants in Louisville, stew or slow-braise the camel, he said.

In Somalia, “camel is something you eat every day,” said Ibrahim, who emigrated to the U.S. from Mogadishu and started his ethnic grocery in Louisville eight years ago. [I guess this store is accepts food stamps–ed]

The boneless camel comes frozen from Australia, where the animals are slaughtered according to Halal customs, which are Muslim standards for food preparation, he added.

See a description of Halal slaughter methods in Australia, here. Not so great for the animal in some situations.

Where is PETA? Are they on the Halal slaughter case here in the US? Does anyone know?

Let's see, would I rather eat camel tenderloin or the inbred delicacy of mountain oysters...
Camel get ready!!!

Forum List

Back