Dixie Chicks Perform with Background Portraying Donald Trump as the Devil

How do these dingbats make a living when they insist on pissing off their customers?

The Dixie Chicks kicked off their DCX MMXVI World Tour Friday in Cincinnati by performing in front of a massive backdrop showing Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump with devil horns on his head and a satanic mustache and goatee.

Last night’s politically-charged performance wasn’t the first time the Texas-based country music band used their celebrity status to take shots at a major Republican party leader.

During a performance in London in 2003, Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines told the crowd that she was “ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas.” Maines’ attack on President George W. Bush led to music stations across the United States pulling the Chicks from their radio playlists.

Nearly 10 years after attacking Bush, Maines doubled down, saying, “I was right from the beginning.”

She later tweeted that she was right to attack Bush, calling her detractors “#dummies.”

The 41-year-old has bashed Trump before Friday’s night concert. The singer took to Twitter back in January and tossed out a recycled joke about Donald Trump’s hair.

The Dixie Twits strike again!

They had their music pulled from airways & store shelves the last time they pulled this political shit.
It takes a special kind of stupid to repeat the very thing that cost you millions.
You remind me of how horrible those times were when bush was president and this country was really devided

You remind me of my mother's work before she retired. She was a physical therapist for a mentally handicapped school

without this thread i would have never known it

they must have lost a lot along the way

if anything this probably helps Trump

Do you even realize that those words have been said about every single thing that has happened regarding Trump since he began running. Every fucking thing "probably helps Trump".

They had their music pulled from airways & store shelves the last time they pulled this political shit.
It takes a special kind of stupid to repeat the very thing that cost you millions.
You remind me of how horrible those times were when bush was president and this country was really devided

You remind me of my mother's work before she retired. She was a physical therapist for a mentally handicapped school

Zing! You are fire!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Zing! You are fire!

Thanks! There can be no clearer way to say you have nothing than repeat my lines to you back to me

Do you even realize that those words have been said about every single thing that has happened regarding Trump since he began running. Every fucking thing "probably helps Trump".

are you crazy or what

every attempt by you leftards has left Trump in a better position

so obviously it has helped him along the way retard

are you crazy or what

He thinks he laughs alone because he's the only one who gets it. Actually he laughs alone because he's the only one who doesn't

Zing! You are fire!

Thanks! There can be no clearer way to say you have nothing than repeat my lines to you back to me

What line would that be?

are you crazy or what

What attempts? You think everything helps Trump. When he alienates entire races of people..."this probably helps him with the base". When he mocks a disable reporter..."this helps him because he's refuting PC"

It's like a reflex with you.

are you crazy or what

He thinks he laughs alone because he's the only one who gets it. Actually he laughs alone because he's the only one who doesn't

Wooooo hooooo! His name is LoneLaugher! He must laugh alone! Weeeeeeeeee!

are you crazy or what

What happened to your clown avatar? I liked that. It was so you

are you crazy or what

What attempts? You think everything helps Trump. When he alienates entire races of people..."this probably helps him with the base". When he mocks a disable reporter..."this helps him because he's refuting PC"

PC is no way to run a country...

are you crazy or what

And during the primary, he was probably right. Being a racist, misogynist shit stain did help him with the GOP base, but it's the general now and channeling the GOP id isn't going to play the same.

are you crazy or what

Typically you're laughing alone several minutes after everyone else laughs. You can set your watch by it

are you crazy or what

he isnt alienating anyone except you far left loonballs

are you crazy or what

What happened to your clown avatar? I liked that. It was so you

apparently thin skinned as well

--LOL

You think that makes them look good?

I think they make beautiful music.

They CLEARLY arent very intelligent. How many millions did they miss out on all for the sake of insulting someone? There is a time & place for sharing your political leanings and on the job is not one of those places.

Come on now Gramps, you can't accuse these three women of not being intelligent. Their absolutely intelligent people. They're well spoken and thoughtful in what they express. I've seen and read countless of their interviews, etc.

And since when was music not an acceptable place to share political views? There are countless examples of beautiful music expressing political views, some of which are nearly identical to what the Dixie Chicks said, while some of it was actually the origin of the controversy which began when Maines spoke out in criticism of some views expressed by Toby Keith's music. Let's also not forget that the Dixie Chicks were already well known for being eagerly outspoken to express controversial views. The Dixie Chicks were well liked B-list country music celebs before the GWB dustup. They emerged worldwide A-list pop celebs. I'm not seeing the financial loss here.

You think that makes them look good?

I think they make beautiful music.

They CLEARLY arent very intelligent. How many millions did they miss out on all for the sake of insulting someone? There is a time & place for sharing your political leanings and on the job is not one of those places.

Come on now Gramps, you can't accuse these three women of not being intelligent. Their absolutely intelligent people. They're well spoken and thoughtful in what they express. I've seen and read countless of their interviews, etc.

And since when was music not an acceptable place to share political views? There are countless examples of beautiful music expressing political views, some of which are nearly identical to what the Dixie Chicks said, while some of it was actually the origin of the controversy which began when Maines spoke out in criticism of some views expressed by Toby Keith's music. Let's also not forget that the Dixie Chicks were already well known for being eagerly outspoken to express controversial views. The Dixie Chicks were well liked B-list country music celebs before the GWB dustup. They emerged worldwide A-list pop celebs. I'm not seeing the financial loss here.

Crazy does sell... But they're nothing more than a sideshow similar to Miley Cyrus. Just doing outrageous things to get noticed.

Forum List

Back