DNC refused to let FBI investigate their server?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
The story today is how the FBI was not permitted to investigate the DNC hacked server.

So how did they determine the Russians did it?

I'm not a computer expert by any means but don't you have to examine the server to determine who hacked it?

The story today is how the FBI was not permitted to investigate the DNC hacked server.

I'm not a computer expert by any means but don't you have to examine the server to determine who hacked it?

Because Hillary said so ... what's that matter? Ain't that enough for you?

maxresdefault.jpg

Not true.

The FBI Never Asked For Access To Hacked Computer Servers

“The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI’s Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC’s computer servers,”Eric Walker, the DNC’s deputy communications director, told BuzzFeed News in an email.

The FBI has instead relied on computer forensics from a third-party tech security company, CrowdStrike, which first determined in May of last year that the DNC’s servers had been infiltrated by Russia-linked hackers, the U.S. intelligence official told BuzzFeed News.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” the intelligence official said, adding they were confident Russia was behind the widespread hacks.

Report: FBI had private company examine DNC's hacked servers

Last edited:

you dont even know what a server is.... you just heard the word a million times on fox news

^ idiot

So you don't have a clue

There are so many ways they could find out that it would be impossible to fit into one post. Tracking IP addresses, comparing coding techniques, intel from spies, tracking the origins of any malware used, information from inside sources, tapped phone lines.... I could go on and on and on.

But you keep on believing that our entire intelligence community is a bunch of dumbo's staking their careers and reputations on a lie for no reason if it helps you feel better. :rolleyes:

Not true.

“The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI’s Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC’s computer servers,”Eric Walker, the DNC’s deputy communications director, told BuzzFeed News in an email.

The FBI has instead relied on computer forensics from a third-party tech security company, CrowdStrike, which first determined in May of last year that the DNC’s servers had been infiltrated by Russia-linked hackers, the U.S. intelligence official told BuzzFeed News.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” the intelligence official said, adding they were confident Russia was behind the widespread hacks.

So the FBI and other government agencies are working with second hand data.

How do we know the data this private company provided is accurate and authentic?

Is this data alone enough to justify increased tensions with Russia?

Not true.

So the FBI and other government agencies are working with second hand data.

How do we know the data this private company provided is accurate and authentic?

Is this data alone enough to justify increased tensions with Russia?
Obuthole FBI is as incompetent as he is.

^ idiot

So you don't have a clue

There are so many ways they could find out that it would be impossible to fit into one post. Tracking IP addresses, comparing coding techniques, intel from spies, tracking the origins of any malware used, information from inside sources, tapped phone lines.... I could go on and on and on.

But you keep on believing that our entire intelligence community is a bunch of dumbo's staking their careers and reputations on a lie for no reason if it helps you feel better. :rolleyes:

I think it's healthy to ask questions when two pieces of information don't fit together. I especially think its healthy to ask questions when the government is spinning a political narrative that can lead to international conflict.

Wouldn't they need access to the server to track ip addresses? And wouldn't the use of spyware/malware essentially mean they are hacking into the systems? Wouldn't this constitute a violation of the DNCs fourth amendment rights?

^ idiot

So you don't have a clue

I think it's healthy to ask questions when two pieces of information don't fit together. I especially think its healthy to ask questions when the government is spinning a political narrative that can lead to international conflict.

Wouldn't they need access to the server to track ip addresses? And wouldn't the use of spyware/malware essentially mean they are hacking into the systems? Wouldn't this constitute a violation of the DNCs fourth amendment rights?
2 pieces of information? What 2 pieces? Our entire intelligence community confirming that Russia worked to sabotage our election, and Trump tweeting that American intelligence can't be trusted? You think it's spin?

And the FBI has all the data from the server. As you should know after months of this e-mail bullshit, the FBI can subpoena for servers if they need to. Plus the DNC hacking was just one of several methods of sabotage used by Russia and described in the official intelligence report. Remove the criminal hacking of the DNC's e-mails if you want, and there's still a plethora of methods described in the report about how Russia interfered in our elections and staged a coup the soviets could only dream of.

They didn't want their corruption exposed.

Forum List

Back