Do any white people actually apply for jobs that boast of equal opportunity?

After reading some of the comments I wonder if it is fair to not give someone a chance. So what if someone's name sounds black or hispanic. What if they could do the job better than anyone else?

On the other hand, I've seen 'liberal' hiring managers who can't seem to tell the difference between good and bad workers when they were Hispanic. I really kind of think that political correctness dominates the thinking of most 'liberals' to the point that it blinds them to reality. They think that if they don't like someone who is a minority then it must be them.

Sometimes I think it would be easier if people just treated everyone fair in the workplace and we wouldn't have these problems at all.

After reading some of the comments I wonder if it is fair to not give someone a chance. So what if someone's name sounds black or hispanic. What if they could do the job better than anyone else?

On the other hand, I've seen 'liberal' hiring managers who can't seem to tell the difference between good and bad workers when they were Hispanic. I really kind of think that political correctness dominates the thinking of most 'liberals' to the point that it blinds them to reality. They think that if they don't like someone who is a minority then it must be them.

Sometimes I think it would be easier if people just treated everyone fair in the workplace and we wouldn't have these problems at all.
Integration and multiculturalism are guaranteed to fail eventually.

Even a "fair" multicultural society would break up along skin color and religious lines.

They are just saying that they don't discrimintae .

But as we know , jobs go to the most qualified ! Like how trumps kids also happen to be most qualified when Trump hired them!!!

As you said, everyone is treated equal!!! Lol!

Even a "fair" multicultural society would break up along skin color and religious lines.

Our country has been intergrated/multi cultural since day one . We've done pretty good .

Agreed. The problem with you hiring anybody of race is you may be stuck with them regardless of their abilities.

Anytime you fire a minority, you can be hauled into court for discrimination charges even if no evidence of discrimination exists. You don't need evidence to make a charge, just a claim.

They are just saying that they don't discrimintae .

But as we know , jobs go to the most qualified ! Like how trumps kids also happen to be most qualified when Trump hired them!!!

As you said, everyone is treated equal!!! Lol!

They are just saying that so non-whites would walk in. Why would they specifically want that unless they have a specific preference for non-whites. It shouldn't matter to them who walks in as long as someone is hired to do the job they want. White or non-white...it wouldn't matter who is filling out the applications.

Our country has been intergrated/multi cultural since day one . We've done pretty good .

I've heard the workforce that built the white house was pretty much well integrated.

Except it wasn't...

In the beginning only white men who owned property could vote, and blacks and Native Americans living in America weren't even citizens.

Except it wasn't...

In the beginning only white men who owned property could vote, and blacks and Native Americans living in America weren't even citizens.

I wonder if Indian tribes weren't considered autonomous nations in the early days since the word 'treaty' is used to describe almost all agreements between them and the United States. It may not be racism that created this distinction but an actual reason revolving around their questionable status as people a part of America or separate people living within America.

Did you say ALL ADDS? That isn't true because I can pick up a handful of adds that don't say that at all.

If I think about it, I'm going to ask my employer if there is some sort of catch by using that phrase.

For now, I'm just going to assume they use it to keep the government off of their back.

I know that when I advertise my apartments, I get those state workers posing as potential tenants, and it's a real waste of my time. Going through their applications and finding things that don't match up really takes up my time and money because I use a detective service to dig into issues that don't make sense to me.

My guess is that employers that use that EOE phrase do so to keep the government from sending their phonies down to the company posing as real applicants. They may target companies that don't use that phrase and be a pain in their ass for a while.

Because of government, I have to be careful where and how I advertise. I know where the state workers are combing through ads and where they are not. It's a shame that we have to play that kind of game, but in the long run, it's better than having other problems.

Has anyone here ever thought that they were being discriminated against because they were white by a non-white manager? I think I have once. I couldn't prove it but this guy was going to turn down my application no matter what and I had some pretty impressive stats on it which should have made me a shoe in for the job I was applying for. The key phrase is "I couldn't prove it" but I suspect this guy didn't like white people to much even though he hunge around white people at work. There was just something making my spider sense go off about him. Despite all of this I didn't cry about how unfair it was to be white in this job.

Forum List

Back