Do Dumb Women Have More Fun?

I recently came across an article that said that men will naturally prefer women who are not as smart as they are. Smart women who are independent and self sufficient have a more difficult time finding men is what they were saying, and that is why a lot of women "play dumb" around guys, but they are actually much smarter than they pretend to be. How true do you think this is? Do you think men prefer "stupid" or "dependent" women? Do you think some women pretend to be stupid or dependent to impress men?

I will try to find this article, but I can't remember where I viewed it.

I went on a date once with a dumb woman. My God, it was painful.

My wife is very smart. Even a few points smarter iq wise.

I am not threatened by her intelligence, and I encourage her to be self sufficient.

I think that many women have trouble showing respect to men that are conditioned by society to NOT be "manly" or assertive.

That is true. Very true. I admit that I am guilty of that. I NEED a strong man. I couldn't be with a man who was weaker (you know, emotionally/mentally) than I am. It would never work out.

I've seen women that think they want a weak or stupid man.

Or who just seem to grab a random man that happens to be stupid or weak.

I have not seen it work out.

Mmm, not true, one example comes to mind, but it has been a hard road for her, with many disappointments.

Interesting fact, Marilyn Monroe was not a real blonde either.

d6688eb922b275d404117e9c37e037ff.jpg

Seems to me that only the stupid men are intimidated by intelligent women.

I like women who are sharp as a tack. The stupid ones are boring.

A lot of men though do seem to like the stupid ones. Lol. Why do you think Marilyn Monroe played up the "dumb blonde" image so much? I don't think she was actually as stupid as she pretended to be.
MM wasn't stupid at all, she was a smart woman.

I agree, but she marketed dumb blonde.
Look at the era, of course she did.

A lot of men though do seem to like the stupid ones. Lol. Why do you think Marilyn Monroe played up the "dumb blonde" image so much? I don't think she was actually as stupid as she pretended to be.

Do you think men's attractions change from era to era? Because that is really what the OP is addressing, whether or not men really do find stupid women more attractive and why?

Do you think men's attractions change from era to era? Because that is really what the OP is addressing, whether or not men really do find stupid women more attractive and why?
Agreed.

It seems to me most women want a strong man both emotionally and physically...but also intelligent. I know of no woman who prefers a dumb man. I do know of men who prefer their women less intelligent than they are.

As a biological tendency I think Men tend to prefer women who will defer to thrm. That doesnt necessarily mean the women are less intelligent, just thst they prefer the Man be in charge of most things.

As a biological tendency I think Men tend to prefer women who will defer to thrm. That doesnt necessarily mean the women are less intelligent, just thst they prefer the Man be in charge of most things.
I think it depends.

When it comes to certain things, my wife will gladly defer to me. For instance, getting anywhere safely she depends on me, since she has no sense of direction. I defer to her when it comes to emotional and personal issues dealing with family. She can pick up things I never could, particularly when raising our daughter. I never saw when my sweet little girl was playing me for a fool, but my wife sure did.

i don't think it even has to be MOST things.

Let's just say it's not as pervasive as it once was. Yes we have seen a major cultural change in attitudes about women over the last sixty plus years, doesn't mean there aren't still many men who prefer "dumb blondes" or simply "compliant women" but again it's not as widespread as it was back then. Of course back then most everyone's educational level was typically less than today. A hundred years ago an educated woman generally scared most men, two hundred years ago it wouldn't have been accepted by most, granted there are exceptions to every cultural norm but all one has to do is look at the plight (expectation) of women then as opposed to now.

I think it depends.

When it comes to certain things, my wife will gladly defer to me. For instance, getting anywhere safely she depends on me, since she has no sense of direction. I defer to her when it comes to emotional and personal issues dealing with family. She can pick up things I never could, particularly when raising our daughter. I never saw when my sweet little girl was playing me for a fool, but my wife sure did.

Yes, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure it would be annoying after a while if you had to do EVERYTHING for her or if you couldn't have an intelligent conversation with her.

I recently came across an article that said that men will naturally prefer women who are not as smart as they are. Smart women who are independent and self sufficient have a more difficult time finding men is what they were saying, and that is why a lot of women "play dumb" around guys, but they are actually much smarter than they pretend to be. How true do you think this is? Do you think men prefer "stupid" or "dependent" women? Do you think some women pretend to be stupid or dependent to impress men?

Was Daisy Buchanan right then?

"It'll show you how I've gotten to feel about – things. Well, she was less than an hour old and Tom was God knows where. I woke up out of the ether with an utterly abandoned feeling, and asked the nurse right away if it was a boy or a girl. She told me it was a girl, and so I turned my head away and wept. 'All right,' I said, 'I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool—that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.'"

Last edited:

I don't know, was she? You would know better than I, being a man. :D

Men prefer manipulative woman that kiss their ass and lead them around by the nose.

Throw in a sob story that they can throw money at ...and pretend to protect them from...even better ...men love the money moochers.

As for the question in the OP. Smart women have more fun because they don't have to rely on men. They can pay for their own vacations,theatre tickets,nice restaurants etc...and take whoever they want with them.

Men prefer manipulative woman that kiss their ass and lead them around by the nose.

Throw in a sob story that they can throw money at ...and pretend to protect them from...even better ...men love the money moochers.

As for the question in the OP. Smart women have more fun because they don't have to rely on men. They can pay for their own vacations,theatre tickets,nice restaurants etc...and take whoever they want with them.

Or SOME men do anyways. :lol:

I don't know, was she? You would know better than I, being a man. :D

She ended up secure, but not happy. Of course that guy ended up dead, so...

Well, at one time, women were like property, to be passed from father to husband, without ever really having any kind of independence or having to take care of themselves at all. They were kind of like glorified children. Well, nowadays, things are a lot different, and women contribute a lot more to the household and to the world in general, so attitudes are naturally going to start moving away from the "dumb" women. Who wants to have a dummy as a life partner that you have to rely on if things get tough? I couldn't stand spending my life with someone who I considered "dumb." It would be more work than pleasure, if you ask me. Lol.

Forum List

Back