Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

One of my nephews is gay, AND Christian. So guess that blows that out of the water. People need to stop generalizing and lumping together. We all have our own minds.
I'm not saying that all gays are hostile to religion. Just the ones that are militant atheists. It seems that there may be a cause and effect relationship.

I'm not saying that all Christians are hostile to gays. Just the ones that are militant Christians.
lol, good one. Fair enough. Are you gay?

Why do you care?

Axe grinding is far too time consuming and seems like a waste of time. Some folks, on either side want to hold grudges; however, that isn't my style.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are more likely to be atheist than anyone else in the general population, a new survey has found. Nearly half of all LGBT adults surveyed said they were atheist, compared to 20% of the general population.

LGBT people more likely to be atheist than straights
Half of LGBT identify as Christians

REPORT: Half of LGB Americans Identify As Christian

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation. That however, does not mean that everyone in the United States are Christian. Any person can call himself anything he wishes but that does not mean he is what he claims to be.

Are you a FREAK?
And by freak, do you mean am I gay? No. Your behavior is that of a militant atheist towards Christians.

Actually no. No Christian is gay. That is an impossibility. The Bible says otherwise.

The Bible says no such thing.

The Bible says men shouldn't have sex with other men. Doesn't anywhere say women shouldn't have sex with women.

But I understand that many people who have gotten all of their Bible 'knowledge' from listening to whackjobs on the radio wouldn't know better.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are more likely to be atheist than anyone else in the general population, a new survey has found. Nearly half of all LGBT adults surveyed said they were atheist, compared to 20% of the general population.

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation.

No we don't.

Not one word about Jesus in the Constitution.

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation. That however, does not mean that everyone in the United States are Christian. Any person can call himself anything he wishes but that does not mean he is what he claims to be.

True- any bigoted asshole can call himself a Christian.

Doesn't mean he is one.

:lol: Check the sources of your links. Some Christers aren't happy unless they feel persecuted. This is their new warm and fuzzy.
So then you don't believe that gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

Oh I don't doubt that there are some gays who do have an axe to grind with Christians after centuries of persecution.

But then there are also gays who are Christians and part of Christian churches that welcome gay Christians.

There are a lot of churches who call themselves Christian churches who are not actually Christian according to the Bible.

No we don't.

I said identified. I said nothing about the Constitution. Why don't you Goggle it and see for yourself?

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

So... Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

On a slightly more serious note.

Do you realize the double standard here?

Christians persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Even today, many Christians churches condemn homosexuality.

The animosity started with the Christians towards the gays. Now that gays are not in the closet and not so easily persecuted, some Christians feel persecuted because some gay Americans act towards Christians as Christians have acted towards gays for decades.

It is rather ironic.

True- any bigoted asshole can call himself a Christian.

Doesn't mean he is one.

That is true. Even a serial murderer can call himself a Christian should he choose to do so.

:lol: Check the sources of your links. Some Christers aren't happy unless they feel persecuted. This is their new warm and fuzzy.

Oh I don't doubt that there are some gays who do have an axe to grind with Christians after centuries of persecution.

But then there are also gays who are Christians and part of Christian churches that welcome gay Christians.

There are a lot of churches who call themselves Christian churches who are not actually Christian according to the Bible.

I absolutely agree.

I bet we would disagree on what those churches are.

The wonderful thing about Christianity is that all of you think that you are the true Christians and all of those other 'Christians' are wrong.

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

Christians persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Even today, many Christians churches condemn homosexuality.

The animosity started with the Christians towards the gays. Now that gays are not in the closet and not so easily persecuted, some Christians feel persecuted because some gay Americans act towards Christians as Christians have acted towards gays for decades.

It is rather ironic.

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

It is rather ironic.

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.
All sin is an an abomination unto the Lord.

No we don't.

I said identified. I said nothing about the Constitution. Why don't you Goggle it and see for yourself?

How does the "United States" identify itself other than through the Constitution?

But hey I think its great Christians allow Jews and such in their country.......lol

I absolutely agree.

The wonderful thing about Christianity is that all of you think that you are the true Christians and all of those other 'Christians' are wrong.

Probably. Those that follow Biblical teachings recognize that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord as are a lot of other things.

It is rather ironic.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

It is rather ironic.

All sin is an an abomination unto the Lord.

Of course it is. Therefore, homosexuality is a sin.

I absolutely agree.

Probably. Those that follow Biblical teachings recognize that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord as are a lot of other things.

Like eating shellfish and cutting your beard.

I absolutely agree.

No. We all rationalize that we are not broken. We rely on militant atheist - who are perfect - to remind us of it.

Forum List

Back