🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

tell me something... dose it matter if they choose to be gay or if they were made that way? What does god have to do with any of it?

i really don't give a shit...

what gays do choose..... is how they present themselves. The over the top flamboyant bullshit...is ALL by choice.

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

So what is the legal impact of this so-called "fairness ordinance?" What rights does it give gays that they don't already have?

It says you cannot be fired or evicted just for being gay. Fail to pay rent or show up for work, sure. But not just for being gay. Pretty weak law really, since Federal Law probably already covers that. BUT, we all know how hard it is to get the Feds to enforce laws these days, so guess Vicco, KY wanted their own law.

1) God (as described in any religious text) is a made up character, like Zeus or Viśwákarman -- a man made concept. Therefore, God does not really judge or form an opinion on human behavior.

2) Sexual orientation is a hard-wired personality trait. Just like right/left handed, right/left brain, attention span, intelligence, or impulse control.

3) Our culture and science is finally coming around to this realization and the laws are being changed to be in accordance with our values and constitution.

Seems like there's an awful lot of Republicans who "choose" to do "gay stuff".

So what is the legal impact of this so-called "fairness ordinance?" What rights does it give gays that they don't already have?

It says you cannot be fired or evicted just for being gay. Fail to pay rent or show up for work, sure. But not just for being gay. Pretty weak law really, since Federal Law probably already covers that. BUT, we all know how hard it is to get the Feds to enforce laws these days, so guess Vicco, KY wanted their own law.

You're right: federal law already does cover it. SO you're admitting the law doesn't grant them any rights they don't already have.

They already have equal rights, numskull.

That argument is the biggest cop out in the entire conversation.

It's the simple truth.

So, if two women who are in love and want to settled down in marriage try to, can they? No. They cant.

Why? Because the GOVERNMENT says so?????????

THought you Tea Party types hated the government telling people what to do?

Or, is it that you don't want the government governing YOU, but you love for the government to govern other people, especially if they are banning stuff you personally don't like???

This is the thing, you know. The more gays who come out to family, friends, and co-workers, the more people realize we are just like them. Coming out is the best thing any gay person can do for themselves, others, and the attitudes of their fellow Americans.

You're right: federal law already does cover it. SO you're admitting the law doesn't grant them any rights they don't already have.

But, everyone should feel so much better.

Oh, Dear God... another 'Gay' thread...
75_75.gif

There oughtta be a rule...

Gays represent 3.8% of the population... ( LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Therefore... Gays get 3.8% of the threads and bandwidth dedicated to their issues...
tongue_smile.gif

That sounds entirely fair to me...
wink_smile.gif

Can we work that for every other group demographic too? Or just gays?

OMG people don't read sometimes.

I never said it did. My point was the rural guy who asked the question about God making gay people.

Jesus H Christ why don't people read?

And my part about not granting equal rights is about marriage.

So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.

There.

So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.
They have every right to exercise their liberty...but out of sight and CEASE forcing the rest of us to accept it.

Clear?

Didn't invite you or force you to my wedding, did I? No one is forcing you to have a gay wedding, are they?

Do you believe in God? If not, why the fuck do you think arguing that He made anyone something makes sense?

What evidence do you have that people are born with a particular sexual preference? Does the fact that people chose who they sleep with mean that you can make that choice for them? Is that the root of your insistence that it isn't a choice, because you don't want the government to be in charge of it? Why should they be in charge of any choices people make?

See, I can ask stupid things too, only my questions don't make me look stupid.

They have every right to exercise their liberty...but out of sight and CEASE forcing the rest of us to accept it.

Clear?

So all marriage ceremonies and people participating in them should be kept behind closed doors in private? No public sight whatsoever, right?

If they are "rights", then a person has no obligation to keep them out of YOUR sight. YOU aren't anybody special, get over yourself.

I think Tommy wants you to BRING IT!!!!

tell me something... dose it matter if they choose to be gay or if they were made that way? What does god have to do with any of it?

i really don't give a shit...

what gays do choose..... is how they present themselves. The over the top flamboyant bullshit...is ALL by choice.

Are all gays flamboyant?

Are no straights flamboyant?

Forum List

Back