🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?
So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

Trying reading context. That question was in regards to just how much influence does God have in making us, where we are born, to whom, and what physical or mental abnormalities we'll be born with? Does He dictate all of that? Or none of that?

And to the guy who asked what rights Im being denied....none. Im not gay. But I am a strong supporter of gay and animal rights. All living things deserve to be treated with dignity.

Unless you are telling me that God is real the question doesn't make sense.

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.
They have every right to exercise their liberty...but out of sight and CEASE forcing the rest of us to accept it.

Clear?

So all marriage ceremonies and people participating in them should be kept behind closed doors in private? No public sight whatsoever, right?

If they are "rights", then a person has no obligation to keep them out of YOUR sight. YOU aren't anybody special, get over yourself.
NOT what I stated...but go ahead and attack tradition, and that of GOD.

You won't have to deal with me...but with someone much higher than I.

(But you go ahead and run with it nonetheless, OK)?

"...Well, there you go."

Normal Folk can only stomach so much...

IMG_7524.jpg

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

1) God (as described in any religious text) is a made up character, like Zeus or Viśwákarman -- a man made concept. Therefore, God does not really judge or form an opinion on human behavior.

2) Sexual orientation is a hard-wired personality trait. Just like right/left handed, right/left brain, attention span, intelligence, or impulse control.

3) Our culture and science is finally coming around to this realization and the laws are being changed to be in accordance with our values and constitution.

Two lies do not justify number 3.

They have every right to exercise their liberty...but out of sight and CEASE forcing the rest of us to accept it.

Clear?

So all marriage ceremonies and people participating in them should be kept behind closed doors in private? No public sight whatsoever, right?

If they are "rights", then a person has no obligation to keep them out of YOUR sight. YOU aren't anybody special, get over yourself.

First of all, we are referring to civil marriage, not a religious marriage (which not everyone has...nor wants)

Second of all, not everyone believes in your god.

Third of all, not everyone who believes in your god believes in the same doctrine concerning gays and gay marriage.

Fourth of all, there's that little thing called the 14th amendment that REQUIRES that the government (the issuer of civil marriage licenses) treat all law-abiding, tax-paying adult citizens equally in the services they provide.

Savvy?

Anyone see Stephen Colbert last night? They went to Vicco, Kentucky. Smallest town in KY. They have a gay mayor, and just passed a "fairness ordinance" regarding gays. The townsfolk were what you'd expect. Rural, country, deep drawl accents. But surprisingly- or not- they were mostly all in favor of it, and supportive of their mayor. One guy....who was a bit slow speaking and country, nothing wrong with that- put it so clearly and simple: "If God made 'em that way, how can the Bible say its wrong? Why'd he make 'em that way?" It was the best argument I've heard.

So, let me ask, did God make them that way? If so, how can He, or we, judge them?

Now, lets say you are gonna argue God did NOT make them that way. That they CHOSE. That would mean the rest of use CHOSE to be attracted to women, right? Wouldn't that suggest that gays and straights- like all you right wingers who oppose gay rights- have a 50/50 attraction to men/women, and you too just chose the opposite sex?

Unless you want to argue God created the world, but, then stepped away and let nature and humanity run it's course, and therefore, doesn't interfere with genetic deformities, mental illness, birth defects, OR things like a human being born with a sexual attraction to the same sex.

This is the thing, you know. The more gays who come out to family, friends, and co-workers, the more people realize we are just like them. Coming out is the best thing any gay person can do for themselves, others, and the attitudes of their fellow Americans.

Nobody is just like me, thank God.

This is the thing, you know. The more gays who come out to family, friends, and co-workers, the more people realize we are just like them. Coming out is the best thing any gay person can do for themselves, others, and the attitudes of their fellow Americans.

Nobody is just like me, thank God.

Indeed....imagine those trying to make us all the same via legal fiat.

Clear?

1- Im Buddhist. So the God topic is different for you and I.

2- "Tradition" has many meanings. In 1860, tradition in my state was rich families who owned slaves. OR, if you were black, "tradition" was singing songs and scrapping spare food after a 15 hour day of picking cotton. Tradition once mean white and black water fountains. Times change. So do traditions. Texas doesn't play Texas A&M in football anymore. Traditions change:lol:

1- Im Buddhist. So the God topic is different for you and I.

2- "Tradition" has many meanings. In 1860, tradition in my state was rich families who owned slaves. OR, if you were black, "tradition" was singing songs and scrapping spare food after a 15 hour day of picking cotton. Tradition once mean white and black water fountains. Times change. So do traditions. Texas doesn't play Texas A&M in football anymore. Traditions change:lol:

And as it was back in the 17/1800's HERE...Tradition changes...especially slavery...but WHY do you bring up slavery? Are GAYS slaves somehow? Or is this a veiled attempt to parse GAYS as a race enslaved?

You post is confusing...(And I think ON PURPOSE)...

Times change...principles do NOT nor does TRUTH. BOTH are intertwined.

Same question concerning circumcision.

"God" does such lousy work, humans have to improve on it. The problem is, a lot of
people are "christian" only when it fits their agenda.

In any event, no where does out constitution say we're all equal except those we don't agree with.

Leave people alone, stop peeking in bedroom windows because its nobody's friggin business what consenting adults are doing.

1) God (as described in any religious text) is a made up character, like Zeus or Viśwákarman -- a man made concept. Therefore, God does not really judge or form an opinion on human behavior.

2) Sexual orientation is a hard-wired personality trait. Just like right/left handed, right/left brain, attention span, intelligence, or impulse control.

3) Our culture and science is finally coming around to this realization and the laws are being changed to be in accordance with our values and constitution.

can you prove this?......

can you prove this?......
Of course he can't. In typical Statist fashion? MAN is superior, and nothing in the Universe is larger than man.

The poster you address practices supreme arrogance, another Statist/Liberal trait.

They give in to the persuations of evil spirits. We wrestle not against flesh, and blood ... We are all born under the curse of sin. You may not be born a murderer, but if you choose to gravitate towards evil, you may end up one.

We do have equal rights.

Seems like there's an awful lot of Republicans who "choose" to do "gay stuff".

right on cue.....the first person to mention one of the parties......ist post....and there it is....Dean bringing in the ones he is obsessed with......you cant talk about anything without bringing those guys in can ya?.....thanx for proving me right yet again Dean....

OMG...hate and bigotry aren't logical.

really?.....so if they caught a pedophile who has molested dozens of kids.....i cant hate the guy?....i cant want to see him taken out back and shot?.....

No. Because 'god' made him a perverse sub-human, you cannot hate him or demand his death. Pedophiles are people, too! People whose genetic code leaves them no choice but to molest children.

God did not make them that way, he destroyed people like that remember Sodom? America was blessed by him and now has open the door for his hit.

So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.

Clear?

What’s ‘clear’ is your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

The right of homosexuals to ‘exercise their liberty’ means that they don’t have to exist in hiding, as advocated by many on the intolerant right, they may express themselves as homosexuals in the open, free from fear of reprisal.

And expressing oneself openly as gay in no way compels anyone to ‘accept’ homosexuality.

You’re at liberty to maintain your ignorance and hate concerning homosexuals, but you are not at liberty to attempt to codify that ignorance and hate.

Clear?

Then we should make laws prohibiting divorced people and adulterers from getting married as well. We can name it the Gingrich Act.

Forum List

Back