🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Maybe you should help yourself out and actually READ the Constitution, instead of just chanting, "Constitutional right! It is, IT IS!" for everything you want.

Also, every STATE Constitution also has free speech protections in it. So states would be obligated to protect free speech even without the 14th Amendment.

Next time, try making your arguments from FACTS, instead of whatever it is you've decided to "know" for your agenda.

Again. There is no individual right to free speech in the US Constitution. That wasn’t determined to actually exist until several Supreme Court Decisions of the latter half of the 20th Century.

State Constitutions can far more easily be amended than the US.

You apparently misunderstand what I am saying. So let’s try and explain it.

Lenny Bruce was arrested many times for obscenity. He was even convicted of it. If he had an established First Amendment Right. As is now claimed by people such as yourself. How was he arrested?

The way you understand the First Amendment is very different than was the norm even fifty years ago. The Courts tried people like Hugh Hefner for obscenity.

Your understood Founder Intended First Amendment Rights were established by inches using court cases.

There are far too many cases to list. But I hope you understand my point now.

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Maybe you should help yourself out and actually READ the Constitution, instead of just chanting, "Constitutional right! It is, IT IS!" for everything you want.

Also, every STATE Constitution also has free speech protections in it. So states would be obligated to protect free speech even without the 14th Amendment.

Next time, try making your arguments from FACTS, instead of whatever it is you've decided to "know" for your agenda.

So how was it that if Lenny Bruce had an individual right to Freedom of Speech, he was arrested in the 1950’s for obscenity? How was it that Hugh Hefner was arrested for Obscenity? How is it that anyone was ever arrested for exercising their free speech? I mean, according to you, it would have been impossible. Not only did they have the 14th Amendment, but they had freedom of speech in every single State Constitution?

How was it the right to publish the so called Pentagon Papers in the Washington Post and New York Times was dependent upon a Supreme Court Decision?

We got here, where it is a recognized individual right, by inches. By dozens, even hundreds of court cases. Where words, and even individual rights were examined, and defined. It wasn’t understood, nor was it the obvious intent of the Founders.

Again. There is no individual right to free speech in the US Constitution. That wasn’t determined to actually exist until several Supreme Court Decisions of the latter half of the 20th Century.

State Constitutions can far more easily be amended than the US.

You apparently misunderstand what I am saying. So let’s try and explain it.

Lenny Bruce was arrested many times for obscenity. He was even convicted of it. If he had an established First Amendment Right. As is now claimed by people such as yourself. How was he arrested?

The way you understand the First Amendment is very different than was the norm even fifty years ago. The Courts tried people like Hugh Hefner for obscenity.

Your understood Founder Intended First Amendment Rights were established by inches using court cases.

There are far too many cases to list. But I hope you understand my point now.

"I have decided that there are collective rights because I want them to exist, so you must just accept that as fact!"

See my previous post, re: try to make an argument from facts, instead of from your own agenda and hormones.

So how was it that if Lenny Bruce had an individual right to Freedom of Speech, he was arrested in the 1950’s for obscenity? How was it that Hugh Hefner was arrested for Obscenity? How is it that anyone was ever arrested for exercising their free speech? I mean, according to you, it would have been impossible. Not only did they have the 14th Amendment, but they had freedom of speech in every single State Constitution?

How was it the right to publish the so called Pentagon Papers in the Washington Post and New York Times was dependent upon a Supreme Court Decision?

We got here, where it is a recognized individual right, by inches. By dozens, even hundreds of court cases. Where words, and even individual rights were examined, and defined. It wasn’t understood, nor was it the obvious intent of the Founders.
Rights have never been absolute. One cannot yell “fire” in a movie theater, for example.

As far as aborting one’s own baby, the Founders never included it because they did not feel it necessary to the success of a free country that a woman should be able to kill an innocent, growing human life inside her. That we now have people claiming it’s a woman’s right to control her own body - conveniently ignoring the living human being inside her - perhaps speaks to the population’s more selfish “me, me, me!” attitude which really began in the 70s.

We do a poor job of educating young people about how hard it is to raise kids in the us. If they know what goes into it perhaps a significant amount more would take the steps to avoid getting pregnant. Everyone wins. Abortion simply goes away. If a couple has any doubts then don't conceive.

I swear, every time I talk to a liberal, I SMH at how misinformed they are - and how deceitful the liberal media is. Just yesterday I spoke to a liberal, and in addition to her usual moaning about Republicans (to me, knowing I am a Republican), she bemoaned the “fact” that “Trump’s Republican Supreme Court” (her words) may ban abortion. When I corrected her, she said that MSNBC made it sound as though all abortions would be banned.

Listen up: for any of you libtards getting your news through MSNBC, the SCOTUS is not debating a ban. It doesn’t even have that right, just as it didn’t have the fight to force states to make it legal. It is merely debating whether the decision in Roe v Wade was constitutional, and if not, THE DECISION GOES TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES.

Its the best argument yet for a constitutional amendment ensuring a right to privacy. What the Court would be overturning in Roe is the right to privacy. Abortion is just the most visible right that we would lose. Access to cosmetic surgeries would no longer be guaranteed since the court would be abandoning the protections of persons who seek such procedures.

So then the shitty states make it illegal. What's the difference?

Well, for one thing....

Lets say Julie is working in San Diego and is killing it for Tesla (just to name a company). They love her. She loves her job. And they want to promote her to the new office in Austin. She doesn't want to start a family but she, like many others, likes to have sex. So she has to make a decision to abandon her career, get on hormone therapy or rely in the guy (yeah right) or start a family if birth control fails.

Julie could probably afford a flight back to the modern cities on the coast and have a procedure. What about those who are trapped in the red state shit hole and can't afford a ticket to civilization?

Well, for one thing....

Lets say Julie is working in San Diego and is killing it for Tesla (just to name a company). They love her. She loves her job. And they want to promote her to the new office in Austin. She doesn't want to start a family but she, like many others, likes to have sex. So she has to make a decision to abandon her career, get on hormone therapy or rely in the guy (yeah right) or start a family if birth control fails.

Julie could probably afford a flight back to the modern cities on the coast and have a procedure. What about those who are trapped in the red state shit hole and can't afford a ticket to civilization?

PP and NARAL rake in millions if not billions in donations. I'm sure full bans in some States would fuel even more. As long as the person isn't a minor, transporting someone across State lines to do something illegal in one State but legal in another can't be prosecuted, because States can only punish acts in their own borders.

Its the best argument yet for a constitutional amendment ensuring a right to privacy. What the Court would be overturning in Roe is the right to privacy. Abortion is just the most visible right that we would lose. Access to cosmetic surgeries would no longer be guaranteed since the court would be abandoning the protections of persons who seek such procedures.

Your side has been ignoring the 2nd amendment for decades, and you think actually quantifying "privacy" would be respected?

And if you are so behind it, why not make the amendment explicit and say "right to abortion"?

Well, for one thing....

Your comment is amusing, you have a totally over inflated opinion of what 'civilization' is in this country, and no idea what living in a 'red state shit hole' is like, which is good. Please, you and those that 'think' like you do, stay in your 'civilization' and away from our 'shit hole red states', we don't want you here.

OMG. The fact that you are drawing a parallel between a nose job and an abortion screams the issue at hand that libsters ignore: THERE IS ANOTHER LIFE IN THE EQUATION.

Nobody is going to deprive you of a facelift or a boob job. Relax.

Your comment is amusing, you have a totally over inflated opinion of what 'civilization' is in this country, and no idea what living in a 'red state shit hole' is like, which is good. Please, you and those that 'think' like you do, stay in your 'civilization' and away from our 'shit hole red states', we don't want you here.
The other thing is that when libs refer to “red state shitholes” or “morons in trailer parks” or any of the other demeaning things they say about people who disagree with their politics is that if any of us referred to “inner-city shitholes” or “trash who live in NYC housing projects,” the Dems would be screaming racist.

It really is anothe example as to how the sanctimonious liberals, who pat themselves on the back for fighting racism, are quick to spew their contempt for and “superiority” over anyone and everyone who disagrees with the radical left agenda.

The other thing is that when libs refer to “red state shitholes” or “morons in trailer parks” or any of the other demeaning things they say about people who disagree with their politics is that if any of us referred to “inner-city shitholes” or “trash who live in NYC housing projects,” the Dems would be screaming racist.

It really is anothe example as to how the sanctimonious liberals, who pat themselves on the back for fighting racism, think nothing do spewing their contempt for anyone and everyone who dis agrees with the radical left agenda.

Yes, total hypocrites without an ounce of integrity.

Your side has been ignoring the 2nd amendment for decades, and you think actually quantifying "privacy" would be respected?

And if you are so behind it, why not make the amendment explicit and say "right to abortion"?

Ignoring the 2nd Amendment? Really? Wow.

OMG. The fact that you are drawing a parallel between a nose job and an abortion screams the issue at hand that libsters ignore: THERE IS ANOTHER LIFE IN THE EQUATION.

Nobody is going to deprive you of a facelift or a boob job. Relax.

Again, the decision didn't legalize abortion per say... it was there result of the decision that ensured privacy.

When you remove that protection for one person, the protection is removed for everything.

If abortion is illegal in some states the question then becomes how long to do you lock up women who get one? How do you tell an abortion from a miscarriage? You've never considered the aftermath of an abortion ban have you?
More idiot liberals being born like you?

Yeah we know..

Again, the decision didn't legalize abortion per say... it was there result of the decision that ensured privacy.

When you remove that protection for one person, the protection is removed for everything.
It’s “per se”.

And get a grip. You libs always go to false extremes when you are losing an argument. The issue is states’ rights, and NO state is going to keep you from your facelift.

Forum List

Back