🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?

Which states do you think will ban abortion entirely, even in the case of rape? Let’s start by naming the states that have restrictive time limits:

1. Texas

I’m also thinking Arkansas and Alabama.

Which states do you think will ban abortion entirely, even in the case of rape? Let’s start by naming the states that have restrictive time limits:

1. Texas

I’m also thinking Arkansas and Alabama.
Mississippi and Texas are the states in question. Texas miss Ark Ala Tenn SC ken mo ut id ka ok sd for sure. WV NC Ga Iowa indiana ohio wisc fl La nd will all take a run at it.

Imo the gop is crazy for trying this. I understand that the theocrats are uuuuge money givers, but before Roe, the right to choose was not a liberal issue. The dems aren't gonna get any NEW votes with BLM defunding cops or even a basic income to allow single parent households again.

Naturally, you’d see it that way. Maybe the SCOTUS is debating whether to let states kill babies at the cusp of birth, once their body parts are fully developed and can be sold for top dollar.

Odd how the leftists, always saying they‘re for oppressed, poor, helpless victims, are so callus when it comes to torturing a viable fetus to death.
I'm a pre Reagan mainstream goper. I don't really care what my neighbor does so long as it doesn't affect me. Careful what you call me, Missy.

Naturally, you’d see it that way. Maybe the SCOTUS is debating whether to let states kill babies at the cusp of birth, once their body parts are fully developed and can be sold for top dollar.

Odd how the leftists, always saying they‘re for oppressed, poor, helpless victims, are so callus when it comes to torturing a viable fetus to death.
The court has ruled that states have a compelling interest after viability and can make restrictive laws. Your example is hyper-emotional bullshit. Nobody calls for last minute abortions unless there is a serious problem that was previously undetected.

The court has ruled that states have a compelling interest after viability and can make restrictive laws. Your example is hyper-emotional bullshit. Nobody calls for last minute abortions unless there is a serious problem that was previously undetected.
yeah the question is whether women, and those raped too, can have first trimester abortions

Again, if you think a person who agrees with that it "not conservative" the tent's pretty damn small. LOL

Mississippi and Texas are the states in question. Texas miss Ark Ala Tenn SC ken mo ut id ka ok sd for sure. WV NC Ga Iowa indiana ohio wisc fl La nd will all take a run at it.

Imo the gop is crazy for trying this. I understand that the theocrats are uuuuge money givers, but before Roe, the right to choose was not a liberal issue. The dems aren't gonna get any NEW votes with BLM defunding cops or even a basic income to allow single parent households again.
I get that the Dems are coming out full force with the scare tactics - hence the topic of the thread - but we are NOT going to have a dozen states banning abortion entirely. We will have a few states that might go that route IF a substantial majority of their citizens want it.

And that’s the purpose of state’s rights. The people within that state decide, via their votes, how they want things. If, say, 65% of voters in MS want to restrict fetus removal to the first 12 weeks, or even less, why should the minority get to force their preference?

I say that if we have a few states that ban abortion entirely, then what’s stopping a woman from taking the Greyhound to a neighboring state? Maybe it’s inconvenient, but look at the cost the baby is going to pay.

I get that the Dems are coming out full force with the scare tactics - hence the topic of the thread - but we are NOT going to have a dozen states banning abortion entirely. We will have a few states that might go that route IF a substantial majority of their citizens want it.

And that’s the purpose of state’s rights. The people within that state decide, via their votes, how they want things. If, say, 65% of voters in MS want to restrict fetus removal to the first 12 weeks, or even less, why should the minority get to force their preference?

I say that if we have a few states that ban abortion entirely, then what’s stopping a woman from taking the Greyhound to a neighboring state? Maybe it’s inconvenient, but look at the cost the baby is going to pay.
There are no scare tactics. The theocrats in the gop want to not allow rape victims in the first trimester to get an abortion. THAT IS MISS'S LAW.

I'm a pre Reagan mainstream goper. I don't really care what my neighbor does so long as it doesn't affect me. Careful what you call me, Missy.
So you wouldn’t care if your neighbor has a 10-year-old in the basement, for nefarious purposes? That doesn’t affect you, either.

THIS is the problem with the pro-abortion crowd. They keep forgetting that there are TWO lives at stake - one an irresponsible woman and the other an innocent being about to be robbed of a life.

There are no scare tactics. The theocrats in the gop want to not allow rape victims in the first trimester to get an abortion. THAT IS MISS'S LAW.
So Planned Parenthood can buy her a bus ticket to an abortion state. Stop pretending that it will be impossible to get an abortion!

I swear, every time I talk to a liberal, I SMH at how misinformed they are - and how deceitful the liberal media is. Just yesterday I spoke to a liberal, and in addition to her usual moaning about Republicans (to me, knowing I am a Republican), she bemoaned the “fact” that “Trump’s Republican Supreme Court” (her words) may ban abortion. When I corrected her, she said that MSNBC made it sound as though all abortions would be banned.

Listen up: for any of you libtards getting your news through MSNBC, the SCOTUS is not debating a ban. It doesn’t even have that right, just as it didn’t have the fight to force states to make it legal. It is merely debating whether the decision in Roe v Wade was constitutional, and if not, THE DECISION GOES TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES.
Liberals correctly understand that the Court's conservative justices seek to increase the size and authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty, such as allowing states to ban abortion.

The effort to ban abortion is 100% a right wing christian holy grail. What other "sins" do you think ought to illegal? Might as well make a list now because if abortion gets banned you will be demanding the next thing, probably contraception, be made illegal. The fight against "sin" can never end as long as there is money and power to be had.
Correct.

Once the right to privacy is abandoned conservatives will be at liberty to enact more laws that interfere with the private lives of citizens.

Agreed with the OP.

Abortion is not getting banned per se, but being placed in the hands of the state governments.
In which case abortion is being banned the consequence of the Court's ruling.

A distinction without a difference, the OP is both dishonest and wrong.

Dana Weinstein was 31 weeks into her second pregnancy, preparing to welcome a daughter, when she and her husband were given horrible news: A critical piece of the brain had not developed properly.

"[We were told] that our baby would have seizures 70% of the time — that was a best-case scenario; that when we delivered her, that we'd need to have a resuscitation order in place because she would most likely seize to death," Weinstein said.

Almost a decade later, Weinstein and her husband are the parents of three active children — a boy and two girls. She's 48, living in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., and working for a nonprofit.

She still tears up when she talks about that diagnosis and the difficult decisions that surrounded it. Fearing a short and painful life for their baby, Weinstein and her husband chose to travel to Boulder, Colo., to end the pregnancy, at one of the few clinics in the country that offer third-trimester abortions.

Weinstein has been speaking publicly about her experience for years. But she decided to tell her story again recently, amid renewed national debate over decisions like hers.

A personal, private decision not within the purview of the state.

Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?​

It is difficult to ascertain what — if anything at all — liberals are even capable of understanding.

In which case abortion is being banned the consequence of the Court's ruling.

A distinction without a difference, the OP is both dishonest and wrong.
Of course the distinction is important. Abortion will still be available - it might just entail a bus ride.

( And you libs really need to stop calling people you disagree with “liars.” Your contempt for anyone who doesn‘t fall in line with the liberal position is a big reason you will lose in the midterms. Thouhtful, decent people are fed up with being called liars and racists and white supremacists simply because we disagree with you.)

Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?​

It is difficult to ascertain what — if anything at all — liberals are even capable of understanding.
They certainly don‘t recognize their own hypocrisy!

Forum List

Back