Do liberals want GM's subsidies cut, yes or no? Please, just for the libs.

Well, libs. Should Trump take GM's subsidies away?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Trump cannot rescind state subsidies.

But he can remove their equivalent in federal funding to the state. Just as Jimmy Carter threatened to do when he forced states to adopt a national 55 MPH speed limit.

Question just for board libs.

What sort of double talk bullshit will liberals give?

We know they would never answer yes or no.

Besides, their no never means no, and their yes never means yes.
They don’t receive subsidies. Sober up and try again.
Well they do. In little old Miss, we gave state and local tax breaks and built infrastructure just to attract auto and tire mftrs. And other states do as well. BUUUT those actions are taken to make it CHEAPER TO MFTR something. And the econ burden is shared by taxpayers. Conversely, Trump increases the price of cars (and other goods) to benefit the steel industry, and even then there aren't US blast furnaces beign built. There's been an increase in steel being repurposed but the econ benefit is no where near the cost.

It's a logically failed thread.
Right. But the pt of state subsidies is to decrease mftr's costs. Trump's steel tariff does just the opposite for no factually supported gain.

It may be possible to rationally argue the his trade war with China is justified and even necessary because of their trade practices that cannot be legally challenged as the EU's and Canada's .. and mexico's... can be.

one option is to subsidize our markets to the extent they are affect by those tariffs.

we have quantum computing now.
I prefer putting us back on an even keel as Trump is doing. Only question is why did 3 other presidents go along with this lunacy ? Did they think this was some kind of insurance against china making war against us ?

The only thing China should be doing is kissing our ass, for saving theirs in World War II, or they all be speaking Japanese right now.
upgrading infrastructure can reduce costs to the private sector.

trade wars are not any form of Capitalism.

Thanks to Claudette for the source. I looked up list of top 100 companies.

I see GM is #2 on the gravy train, Ford #6, Tesla #13 and Fiat-Chrysler at #14. I'm fairly liberal and find that liberals are generally more leery of giving money to corporations. Just my experience in comparing Cleveland to more conservative places I've lived - Columbus and here near Phoenix. Mostly I hear arguments from mainstream liberals that the money should go instead to schools and social programs.

I'm more of a Blue-Dog Democrat that desires fiscal responsibility. I definitely would like these subsidies across the board be reduced, not to the point of eliminating the US auto industry however.

Top 100: Subsidy Tracker Top 100 Parent Companies | Good Jobs First

No one knows what they want. Take subsidies away or not?

Told you they are incapable of a simple yes or no.

Well they do. In little old Miss, we gave state and local tax breaks and built infrastructure just to attract auto and tire mftrs. And other states do as well. BUUUT those actions are taken to make it CHEAPER TO MFTR something. And the econ burden is shared by taxpayers. Conversely, Trump increases the price of cars (and other goods) to benefit the steel industry, and even then there aren't US blast furnaces beign built. There's been an increase in steel being repurposed but the econ benefit is no where near the cost.

This is a repeat post

Right. But the pt of state subsidies is to decrease mftr's costs. Trump's steel tariff does just the opposite for no factually supported gain.

It may be possible to rationally argue the his trade war with China is justified and even necessary because of their trade practices that cannot be legally challenged as the EU's and Canada's .. and mexico's... can be.
It’s a bigger picture issue. You over simplified it

Libs are such losers. I finally answered it. I know I said only loser libs vote.

They won't.

They can't.

They are losers.

I am a liberal. I vote yes.

I think the word you were looking for is "leftist" or "commie" in the OP title.

But that's not really it. It notes it doesn't show loans repaid. And actually I was wondering if anyone was thinking about the tax deductions for employee hc

But if you're just attempting to say there's no difference between tariffs or govt induced increases to steel costs and subsidies state and local govts offer to get industry to move in .... that's just a false comparison. There's no similarity between reasons for them or benefits/costs to communities. It's not even apples and oranges.

Well according the Trump they still owe 11 billion. I'm sure he knows.

I think a lot of what they get is grants and tax breaks.

Not sure how it all evens out but they do owe 11 billion.

No. They do not.

Forum List

Back