Do Masks Work?

Grow up. That's a pathetic rebuttal .
You have no defense so out comes the childish put downs. Why do you bother.
I don’t need a defense, Stupid. If you are vaccinated and strap a face diaper on good for you. If you do that then claim I have to do the same so you feel safe you are free to STFU.

Sure they work--bandits have been using them to rob honest folks for years.
For stopping covid? Only in your dreams, according to the Annals of Internal Medicine.
The authors pointed to earlier research showing particles 0.04 to 0.2 μm "can penetrate surgical masks." For the coronavirus responsible for SARS, particles were estimated to be within that range at 0.08 to 0.14 μm, they said.

"Assuming that SARS-CoV-2 has a similar size, surgical masks are unlikely to effectively filter this virus," they wrote. "The size and concentrations of SARS-CoV-2 in aerosols generated during coughing are unknown."

Try again, moron.
mask pee meme.jpeg

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

It’s never been about the masks or their effectiveness. This entire clown show is to virtue signal and make people wear a mask like you do because that shows how much better you are as a person than the one that says these are worthless and takes it off.

Effective was never the goal. It’s a sign that you’re on the right side. It just makes you a better more progressive person. And as a bonus it gives you a visual notification about who to hate. It’s that non-masker who is the problem.

We could have done the same mitigation of the Wuhan virus with bunny ears. Same result.

Did you just get schooled?

A mask doesn't stop everything, but to say it stops NOTHING is the stupid part, ya moron.
"But now, if the one peeing at you also wears pants, the pipi remains only with him and you will not get wet"

Dumbass ......

"But now, if the one peeing at you also wears pants, the pipi remains only with him and you will not get wet"

Dumbass ......
You may not know this. If it’s news to you then I’m happy I helped. Viruses are much smaller than a urine stream. You can easily side step some lunatic trying to pee on you. Women are notorious for being poor piss spreaders. If someone is trying to pee on you, just move. That person is fucking crazy but it doesn’t mean we should all leave the house in wet suits.

Luckily not getting COVID is much easier than running around avoiding people pissing on you. Be healthy and get the vaccine if you want added protection.

You may not know this. If it’s news to you then I’m happy I helped. Viruses are much smaller than a urine stream. You can easily side step some lunatic trying to pee on you. Women are notorious for being poor piss spreaders. If someone is trying to pee on you, just move. That person is fucking crazy but it doesn’t mean we should all leave the house in wet suits.

Luckily not getting COVID is much easier than running around avoiding people pissing on you. Be healthy and get the vaccine if you want added protection.
I am well aware just how small the virus is and that mask cannot fully protect anyone.

I also understand that the vaccine will not protect you either.

Grow up. That's a pathetic rebuttal .
You have no defense so out comes the childish put downs. Why do you bother.
I don’t need a defense, Stupid. If you are vaccinated and strap a face diaper on good for you. If you do that then claim I have to do the same so you feel safe you are free to STFU.

Of course you don't although a sliver of intelligence would help.

You scream about patriots but your prepared to infect innocent people because uncle Joe encourages it.
You are pathetic to let your politics take precedence over your health.
That show dumb you republicans are.

How's that reinstatement of trump going? Any closer comrade?
You dumb prick.

No SHit Sherlock.

Do masks stop some of the 'spray' or not?
I say YES.
It's better than nothing.
FACT.
Here in the Midwest we always keep a can of shark spray when we hit the lake. Better safe than sorry. We make fun of the idiot shark spreaders without a can of the repellent. They will rue the day they should have had shark repellent.

Of course you don't although a sliver of intelligence would help.

You scream about patriots but your prepared to infect innocent people because uncle Joe encourages it.
You are pathetic to let your politics take precedence over your health.
That show dumb you republicans are.

How's that reinstatement of trump going? Any closer comrade?
You dumb prick.
LMAO .... at the Irony ....

You Stupid Leftist Fucks have no clue what is really going on here.

I have provided all sorts of evidence that supports the fact that mask wearing not only protects the people around the wearer but also the wearer himself.

You have chosen to ignore it.

Again...if you doubt what I have posted.

Put on a a mask and try to blow out a candle.

You CAN'T do it

I have provided all sorts of evidence that supports the fact that mask wearing not only protects the people around the wearer but also the wearer himself.

You have chosen to ignore it.

Again...if you doubt what I have posted.

Put on a a mask and try to blow out a candle.

You CAN'T do it
Damn you Leftist are fucking stupid ......

Blowing a candle out .... seriously .......

WTF ........

Put a fire hose behind those pants and both of you are going to get inundated which is a much better analogy. Neither are appropriate as we are not talking about water. We are talking about an airborne virus of .08 micrometers and you are using a mask that filters particles over 20 times that size. That is like using chain link fencing to filter out flies. Now what do you think?

So if you know the vaccine isn’t foolproof and the masks aren’t either. Why are you demanding them both to be mandatory?
I am not.

Since you obviously have missed some of my post allow me to summarize it for you.

Mask can help reduce exposure, but not stop it.

Vaccines .... who the fuck knows .... it appears they do not help at all and maybe even make the symptoms worse for those who have break through infections.

Forum List

Back