Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Again, can you cite any passages that Jesus resented the Romans or anything they had done?
No. Actually the Romans generally treated the Jews well and respected their religion. However there were Roman governors of the area that were less accomdating and there was a constant undercurrent of resentment among the Jews. As a good Jew I see no evidence that Jesus felt any different.

Then again, it might be accurate. Don't forget, from a Jewish perspective, the NT is a history of the collapse of the age.
I think it is viewed more as merely the rise of a new religion which, unfortunately, was very antagonistic to Jews.

Both my belief and Jesus'. The tribal peoples' end did indeed come in that generation.
Jesus was almost completely unknown in his lifetime, Jews are still extant.

Again, got any verses? No small band of Jewish misfits and their atypical master was going to do anything against the Roman Empire. Hell, a Jewish army couldn't even defend a single city from a Roman legion.
This is not religious but political. I don't believe there were any legions in Palestine. They were very expensive so were generally kept on the Roman borders. Romans wanted peace so long as they ruled and anyone who preached that they would someday rule was seen as a threat to that peace.

Jews wrote the NT. Maybe I should have said, "From a first-century Jewish perspective, the NT was a history of the collapse of the age."

What tribes do you think I mean? The twelve tribes of Israel.

What tribe are you? Be honest, now.

Except at a local level, the Roman government didn't even know who Jesus was. And the pagan rank-and-file were quite tolerant of Judaism and Christianity.
The Romans KNEW who Jesus was and who John
the Baptist was. Both were part of the movers
shakers of the day. Denial of that fact is kinda like
claiming that of the thousands they crucified---
they had NO IDEA WHY-----what a waste of good
fire wood

Jews wrote the NT. Maybe I should have said, "From a first-century Jewish perspective, the NT was a history of the collapse of the age."

What tribes do you think I mean? The twelve tribes of Israel.

What tribe are you? Be honest, now.

Except at a local level, the Roman government didn't even know who Jesus was. And the pagan rank-and-file were quite tolerant of Judaism and Christianity.
No. Actually the Romans generally treated the Jews well and respected their religion. However there were Roman governors of the area that were less accomdating and there was a constant undercurrent of resentment among the Jews. As a good Jew I see no evidence that Jesus felt any different.

I think it is viewed more as merely the rise of a new religion which, unfortunately, was very antagonistic to Jews.

Jesus was almost completely unknown in his lifetime, Jews are still extant.

This is not religious but political. I don't believe there were any legions in Palestine. They were very expensive so were generally kept on the Roman borders. Romans wanted peace so long as they ruled and anyone who preached that they would someday rule was seen as a threat to that peace.

It was a client state in the Roman empire. They had some soldiers garrisoned in Jerusalem, but most were in Syria. There were lots of foreign soldiers from other countries among the troops because it was a quick path to Roman citizenship.

It was a client state in the Roman empire. They had some soldiers garrisoned in Jerusalem, but most were in Syria. There were lots of foreign soldiers from other countries among the troops because it was a quick path to Roman citizenship.
yeah---SO? The fact was that Jewish intellectuals
did not want ANY ROMAN RULE AT ALL -----they
were ADAMANT about it. This stuff is not hard--- they left records

Indeependent irosie91

I have a question: do you think Jesus really said “the only way to the Father is through me, the Son” (and he believed it), or do you think he never actually said that and it was ascribed to him later by the writers of the Gospels?

Why not? That's what they wrote. Do you believe everything Abraham said?
yeah---SO? The fact was that Jewish intellectuals
did not want ANY ROMAN RULE AT ALL -----they
were ADAMANT about it. This stuff is not hard--- they left records

So what. They were a small client state in the Roman empire. They'd been a vassal state most of their history.... Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians, Assyrians and Greeks before the Romans.

So what. They were a small client state in the Roman empire. They'd been a vassal state most of their history.... Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians, Assyrians and Greeks before the Romans.
Just like you believe everything on Wikipedia.

and always RESISTED. the imposed mindset

Forum List

Back