Do Progressives sound a lot like Fundies to you?

Extremists see and offer or compromise as a sellout and morally reprehensible.

True. I think we're beginning to see the weakness of our Constitutional System. No system is perfect, but our particular system lends itself to splitting into a two party system, and over the long run its inevitable that you'll get periods where there simply are no realistic moderates around to actually get things done.

So now, here we are. We actually need to get some stuff done and we simply can't. The system is being held hostage by the the extremists on the Right and the Left who can't even begin to want to compromise and can't understand how the other side can be so unreasonable.

Extremists see and offer or compromise as a sellout and morally reprehensible.

True. I think we're beginning to see the weakness of our Constitutional System. No system is perfect, but our particular system lends itself to splitting into a two party system, and over the long run its inevitable that you'll get periods where there simply are no realistic moderates around to actually get things done.

So now, here we are. We actually need to get some stuff done and we simply can't. The system is being held hostage by the the extremists on the Right and the Left who can't even begin to want to compromise and can't understand how the other side can be so unreasonable.

And some of us feel like red-haired step-children without a home. I want my country back but the Jerry Springer-like crazies are drowning the rest of us out.

Progressives seem more shrill than usual these days. They can't seem to get out of the campaign mode and tell us about their agenda for the next four years. All we see is the same old cliches and hate speech.

Progressives seem more shrill than usual these days. They can't seem to get out of the campaign mode and tell us about their agenda for the next four years. All we see is the same old cliches and hate speech.

I do agree. I rarely see or have seen any lefty discuss agenda with any substance.

On forums and talking head shows maybe. I never meet people in my own life like those I see on here or on some of these talk shows...thankfully. Shrillness kills off my yoga induced meditative peace.:D

Do you hear how shrill and defensive and downright ugly they get when we criticize their Lord and Savior Obama?

They claim that Jihadists killed our Ambassador and 3 others because they were enraged over a video criticizing their Lord and Savior, can they relate to that emotion over criticism, even if over a video?
Isn't there a dead horse near you to beat?

Do 'Conservatives' sound like poor whiney little bitchs totally detached from reality to you? How was that Romney Landslide?

And how about how terrible the economy is going to react to the election?

US consumer confidence, business spending and home prices up; fiscal cliff threatens gains - The Washington Post

Of course, there is the fiscal cliff. Yessiree, let's just force that to happen and the American People will blame our President, right?Broad Concern about ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Consequences | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

I thought you lefty Obamabots wanted to raise taxes? Now rasing taxes is a problem?

Oh, wait! I get it. You want to raise SOMEONE ELSES taxes, not yours. I see. It's that whole equality thing your ilk are always talking about.

Fellow, if you have read any of my posts since Bush's tax cut, I have supported re-instating the tax structure under Clinton for all. Those that are working can afford them, the unemployed will not be affected by that.

Do you hear how shrill and defensive and downright ugly they get when we criticize their Lord and Savior Obama?

They claim that Jihadists killed our Ambassador and 3 others because they were enraged over a video criticizing their Lord and Savior, can they relate to that emotion over criticism, even if over a video?

They can only relate to emotion, over thinking.

"The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling."

I can show my scorn for the boy who was reelected, by using a lowercase o, when referencing him.

You know what sounds like Fundies? Fundies.

As far as the Obama supporters, they're no worse than the Bush supporters that supported Bush as he tried to block the Congressional investigation into 9/11. Or the Abramov scandal. Or when he stood on a flight deck and declared "Mission Accomplished."

The Extreme Right and Left aren't really that different. They're so convinced that anyone that disagrees with them is an enemy of the state that they can't jump to the offensive fast enough. IF that makes the Progressives Fundies, then I can't say the Cons are any better.

No one called Bush their "Lord and Savior"

Bush never claimed he would lower the seas

None of the media went to capture images of Bush in a halo

Hmmm..... I see. Seeking a health care system that works for all Americans at a considerably lower cost that the present one is hate speech? Seeking to have those who are fortunate enough to have great wealth pay the same percentage of their income in taxes as the middle class earner on the factory floor is hate speech?

Laughing at the pre-election predictions of all the 'Conservatives' on this board is hate speech? Naw, that is just good humour:D

They can only relate to emotion, over thinking.

"The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling."

I can show my scorn for the boy who was reelected, by using a lowercase o, when referencing him.

What you are really showing your scorn for are your fellow Americans who saw things differantly and re-elected our President.

But we don't really care. Both the types of insults and slanders directed at the President has worked in the opposite manner that you have wished. There is work to do, and we can do it without the wingnuts.

Is it just me, or do Obamabots revert directly to talks of Romney when they are called out for being hive minded drones?

Romney replaced George W. Bush as the fall guy for Democrat incompetence.

Romney may be the fall guy, but the reality is Obama is a mirror image of George Bush. Obama parrots Bush's Iraq timeline, Obama continues the implementation of the Patriot Act, GITMO is still open for business, Our troops are still dying in Afghanistan... The reality is that this is not Obama's second term so much as it is Bush's fourth term. The irony is that the very people who hated Bush for his policies elected Obama are getting the exact same thing. :lol:

Hmmm..... I see. Seeking a health care system that works for all Americans at a considerably lower cost that the present one is hate speech? Seeking to have those who are fortunate enough to have great wealth pay the same percentage of their income in taxes as the middle class earner on the factory floor is hate speech?

Laughing at the pre-election predictions of all the 'Conservatives' on this board is hate speech? Naw, that is just good humour:D

Not hate speech, just stupid speech.. but that's pretty much what we expect from the fourty-seven percenters...

Is it just me, or do Obamabots revert directly to talks of Romney when they are called out for being hive minded drones?

Romney replaced George W. Bush as the fall guy for Democrat incompetence.

Romney may be the fall guy, but the reality is Obama is a mirror image of George Bush. Obama parrots Bush's Iraq timeline, Obama continues the implementation of the Patriot Act, GITMO is still open for business, Our troops are still dying in Afghanistan... The reality is that this is not Obama's second term so much as it is Bush's fourth term. The irony is that the very people who hated Bush for his policies elected Obama are getting the exact same thing. :lol:

Obama is GWB on steroids and a bit dumber.

Apparently some feel the best solution to the problems America faces is found in further political division. Carping about a manufactured image of the president after they themselves manufactured it, dividing America at 53% vs 47% (as if that distinction is at all valid), holding on to political ideology as if it were Gospel truth and refusing any and all compromise. That last item is particularly egregious because American governance is based on and has been sustained by compromise.

Some have imbibed the Kool AidE and are eagerly waiting the rest of us open minded and well informed Americans to do the same. I only wish they weren't so petulant when we are so reluctant.

How's that bolded part working out for you?

And what say we eliminate a TON of spending and LOWER taxes on the middle class? Most of what the Federal government is spending isn't even Constitutional, IF you read the damned thing!

How's that bolded part working out for you?

And what say we eliminate a TON of spending and LOWER taxes on the middle class? Most of what the Federal government is spending isn't even Constitutional, IF you read the damned thing!
Tell it to the Supreme Court. If you think Social Security or Medicare is unconstitutional, take it to the court. They are the final arbiters of constitutionality, not some former disc jockey turned political advocate.

Troll boy gotta troll.

No doubt some opposing partian of your trollish ilk will want to take up a shitfest with you.

I'm content just knowing seeing how desperate you are that it makes you lash out in such a childish way.

You are as transparent as a pane of glass, lad.

You know what sounds like Fundies? Fundies.

As far as the Obama supporters, they're no worse than the Bush supporters that supported Bush as he tried to block the Congressional investigation into 9/11. Or the Abramov scandal. Or when he stood on a flight deck and declared "Mission Accomplished."

The Extreme Right and Left aren't really that different. They're so convinced that anyone that disagrees with them is an enemy of the state that they can't jump to the offensive fast enough. IF that makes the Progressives Fundies, then I can't say the Cons are any better.

^^
That.
:clap2::clap2:

If anything we sound intolerably smug, you loser who voted for a loser nominated by losers and who will always be losers with their loser plans and loser ideology, loser.

If anything we sound intolerably smug, you loser who voted for a loser nominated by losers and who will always be losers with their loser plans and loser ideology, loser.

Good summation. No winners on either side imo. Politics is a team sport with the prize being the always hollow "neener neener" gloating rights. Anyone who truly gives a damn about this country would not be nominating or electing these chumps.

Forum List

Back