Do Republicans Think Corporations should pay no taxes?

Should corporations pay taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
If not, what tax on every dollar in profits is fair? And what do they pay now?

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.

Well, I'm a registered Republican and I favor a sales tax instead of an income tax. I don't see taxing corporations as a good thing myself. Corporation create jobs. Were corporations not taxed and regulated so harshly, they might create more jobs from which personal income taxes could be gained. Corporation are also the source for many of the investments paying the retirement expenses of many of our elderly. A more friendly tax structure would tend to keep corporations from moving abroad and encourage their own reinvestment into capital equipment and expansion.

The way it should be......

-Jail all employers that knowingly hire illegal aliens.

-End all Republican worker visa programs.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2020 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2020 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

Combining these "ideas" would result in many (most?) corporations having a negative net tax rate.

Yes.

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.

Well, I'm a registered Republican and I favor a sales tax instead of an income tax. I don't see taxing corporations as a good thing myself. Corporation create jobs. Were corporations not taxed and regulated so harshly, they might create more jobs from which personal income taxes could be gained. Corporation are also the source for many of the investments paying the retirement expenses of many of our elderly. A more friendly tax structure would tend to keep corporations from moving abroad and encourage their own reinvestment into capital equipment and expansion.

Sales taxes unfairly tax the poor who use the least government services, in favour of corporations who use the most government services.

Corporations use more government resources and services than individuals and as such, they should pay fair taxes. They need an educated workforce, protections for their intellectual property and international trade. All of these things are expensive.

They also need communications systems, transportation systems, and a lot of infrastructure, all of which is expensive. EVERYONE should pay their fair share of the costs of running and living in a first world country.

Why should the workers, who reap the smallest benefits from these corporations, be taxed more to pay for their roads, utilties, courts and intellectual property protections. Those who need the services should pay the expenses to pay for them.

The system of incorporations, and corporate governance is an expensive process. As are intellectual property rights.

They do pay taxes. They pay sales tax when buying materials and supplies. They pay for their employees’ income tax. They pay taxes on profits.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2020 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2020 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Combining these "ideas" would result in many (most?) corporations having a negative net tax rate.

Yes.

Your solution to corporations not paying enough taxes is to give them trillions in refundable tax credits? Wow!

Sales taxes unfairly tax the poor who use the least government services, in favour of corporations who use the most government services.

Corporations use more government resources and services than individuals and as such, they should pay fair taxes. They need an educated workforce, protections for their intellectual property and international trade. All of these things are expensive.

They also need communications systems, transportation systems, and a lot of infrastructure, all of which is expensive. EVERYONE should pay their fair share of the costs of running and living in a first world country.

Why should the workers, who reap the smallest benefits from these corporations, be taxed more to pay for their roads, utilties, courts and intellectual property protections. Those who need the services should pay the expenses to pay for them.

The system of incorporations, and corporate governance is an expensive process. As are intellectual property rights.

Top 20% of Americans Will Pay 87% of Income Tax
The owners of those evil productive corporations you speak of are already paying the way for you lowlife piece of shit degenerates.
Whoopsie!
Those inconvenient facts getting in the way of the bullshit pulled from your ass again...sorry, back to the drawing board you go.

A sales tax is detrimental to consumption. That's not helpful to corporations.

So people don't buy stuff?

Not when the cost is too high because of taxes, no. Look at Greece.

Honestly, it's amazing you would even ask that. Your question implies that cost doesn't affect purchasing. Really? So if you levied a $50 tax on each gallon of milk... would you be on here saying "So people don't buy stuff?"?

Taxes kill the market. Always have.

The tax rate is the lowest it has ever been in US history.....and it has been that way for decades....

And still.....these dic sucking republicans are still complaining that isn't enough....

They just had a 2 trillion dollar tax cut --- and what happened??? did it pay for itself? Nope...

As usual, it explodes the debt and deficit again and what is it they want to cut?? The programs that benefit the 90% of the country....

The tax rate is the lowest it has ever been in US history.....and it has been that way for decades....

And still.....these dic sucking republicans are still complaining that isn't enough....

They just had a 2 trillion dollar tax cut --- and what happened??? did it pay for itself? Nope...

As usual, it explodes the debt and deficit again and what is it they want to cut?? The programs that benefit the 90% of the country....

I guess it’s time you get your disgusting pet wetbacks and other filthy pieces of lowlife shit contributing huh?
More than 44% of Americans pay no federal income tax

Did you ever stop and think that maybe instead of bashing the rich and the corporations for "not paying their fair share", perhaps you should bash the government for spending too much fucking money and treating the American public like a bottomless goddamn piggy bank?

Which one?

A $2 Trillion dollar tax cut? Where did you get that from again?

Did you just make up that you somehow knew how much future taxes would be collected? Because I can look back a few years, and we know for a fact that tax revenue from the 39% tax rate has been lower than what we see today.

Regardless, you complain "how much is enough?!?"

So let me answer that..... say I sent some people who confiscated your pay check. I don't know how much you make, but let's pretend you make $3,000 a pay check, and I take all $3,000.

Now let's say I gave you back... half of your paycheck. Is that "enough"? Or do you want more of your paycheck? Like 55%? Or 60%? I mean I only stole $3,000, so you can't possibly want.... $2,000 of it back.... right? How much of your money is enough? I'm giving you back $2,000 of your stolen money. How can you possibly ask for more?

See the problem? You people never apply what you decry, to yourself. If it was your money, you'd want to keep it. Because it's other people's money, you bitch and whine about it.

The irony, that money you tax from corporations, is your money as well. You just don't see that tax directly. Taxes on companies is always passed onto the consumer. Where do you think they get the money from? Higher prices. Lower wages. Less benefits.

Again, this is why every country that has attacked it's companies, always consistently ends up with poorer people. There's a reason that workers in France for example, are paid less than Americans for the exact same jobs.

They had people like you in France, attacking and taxes companies, and never realized they harmed themselves in the process.

The answer is NO.

Business 101.

The only money that the vast majority of Corporations have to pay taxes comes from the sale of that companies products and services.

A tax or especially an additional tax on ANY company must be passed down to that companies consumers, or the company will eventually fail (which hurts everyone.)

A tax on a company is a tax on YOU, me and everyone else who buys that company's products.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Yes.

Your solution to corporations not paying enough taxes is to give them trillions in refundable tax credits? Wow!

Tax credits for doing what?

AGAIN.....because of Trump's economic policies and tax breaks, the United States just collected more tax revenue than at any other time in the history of this country.

Despite that massive amount of ADDITIONAL tax revenue the Democrats - who control the budget...spending....the debt....could not find the time to create and pass a Budget, could not balance our budget, and could not manage to use any of that money to pay down the debt.

Stop blaming the Corporations, stop the class warfare, stop the BS! It was the politicians who control all of that tax revenue, who are responsible for producing / passing a budget, who were too busy working on successfully accomplishing their 4-year-in-the-making coup attempt who keep the pedal to the metal on spending, point fingers, and work their assess off for their OWN PERSONAL gain / power.

The owners of those evil productive corporations you speak of are already paying the way for you lowlife piece of shit degenerates.
Whoopsie!
Those inconvenient facts getting in the way of the bullshit pulled from your ass again...sorry, back to the drawing board you go.

Perhaps you should step up the game and pay more. It will be a big relief for us top payers.

A sales tax is detrimental to consumption. That's not helpful to corporations.

So people don't buy stuff?

Not when the cost is too high because of taxes, no. Look at Greece.

Honestly, it's amazing you would even ask that. Your question implies that cost doesn't affect purchasing. Really? So if you levied a $50 tax on each gallon of milk... would you be on here saying "So people don't buy stuff?"?

Taxes kill the market. Always have.

When has sales taxes deferred the idea of someone buying something in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I guess it’s time you get your disgusting pet wetbacks and other filthy pieces of lowlife shit contributing huh?

Two reasons:

1. You don't make enough.
2. You make too much.

. . .

. . .

My God, this is the single most idiotic thing I've ever read on this forum, and that is a tremendous accomplishment. You do realize the average US corporation's profit margin is only 7.9% of revenue (2.1% for Walmart), don't you?

[The “Big Oil”] industry (Integrated Oil/Gas) had a below-average profit margin of 5.6% in the most recent period analyzed, and separately, the Production and Exploration Oil/Gas industry is losing money, reflected in a -6.6% profit margin. For the general retail sector, the average profit margin is only 2.3% and for the grocery and food retail industry, it’s even lower at only 1.6%. And evil Walmart only made a 2.1% profit margin in 2017 (first three quarters) which is less than the industry average for general retail, possibly because grocery sales now make up more than half of Walmart’s revenue and profit margins are lower on food than general retail. Interestingly, Walmart’s profit margin of 2.1% is actually less than one-third of the 6.5% the average state/local government takes of each dollar of Walmart’s retail sales for sales taxes. Think about it – for every $100 in sales for Walmart, the state/local governments get an average of $6.50 in sales taxes (and as much as $10.12 in Louisiana and $9.45 in Tennessee, see data here), while Walmart gets only $2.10 in after-tax profits!

Imposing your asinine tax plan would put almost every US corporation in the red annually, and out of business within 1-2 years. Your plan would have Walmart, as an example, sending $30 of every $100 in revenue to the IRS, resulting in an after-tax loss of $27.90 for every $100 in revenue (a -27.9% profit margin). It would also end our energy independence, making us slaves to middle east oil once again.

Bravo. Another brilliant product of the public school education system, I'm sure.

Last edited:
AGAIN.....because of Trump's economic policies and tax breaks, the United States just collected more tax revenue than at any other time in the history of this country.

Despite that massive amount of ADDITIONAL tax revenue the Democrats - who control the budget...spending....the debt....could not find the time to create and pass a Budget, could not balance our budget, and could not manage to use any of that money to pay down the debt.

Stop blaming the Corporations, stop the class warfare, stop the BS! It was the politicians who control all of that tax revenue, who are responsible for producing / passing a budget, who were too busy working on successfully accomplishing their 4-year-in-the-making coup attempt who keep the pedal to the metal on spending, point fingers, and work their assess off for their OWN PERSONAL gain / power.

Except that Trump has spent $1 trillion per year more than he's taking in, and all of the benefits of these tax cuts are going to the top 10%. Billionaires now pay less of their income in taxes than their employees. This is wrong.

Amazon is the most profitable company in the world, using up tremendous resources, and they're paying no taxes. This way lies madness.

. . .

. . .

My God, this is the single most idiotic thing I've ever read on this forum, and that is a tremendous accomplishment. You do realize the average US corporation's profit margin is only 7.9% of revenue (2.1% for Walmart), don't you?

Imposing your asinine tax plan would put almost every US corporation in the red annually, and out of business within 1-2 years. Bravo. Another brilliant product of the public school education system, I'm sure.

I've eliminated federal and State tax as well as the highest percent of costs which is employee costs. How is that a bad thing?

Forum List

Back