Do Repubs believe Obama lied about Benghazi to win reelection

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

I think it's extremely likely that the Obama administration created the false narrative in order to do damage control with the election so close, yes. Do you think he would have won re-election by coming out 2 months before the primary and telling citizens that his administration gave out stand down orders on protecting those Americans?

not likely.

We still don't know why Obama lied. Did he lie in order to perpetuate his claim that his administration had Al Qaeda on the run? That Islamic terrorism was a thing of the past?

Or did he lie because he was planning on exchanging US Ambassador for the blind sheik in a hostage exchange with Morsi and the MB? Was that the plan? For our US Ambassador to be kidnapped by Al Qaeda so the MB could get the Blind Sheik back? Was that why he ordered the stand down order?

If the Navy Seals had not rushed to the rescue of the embassy that night - guns blazing - the kidnapping would have been successful for an exchange - just in time for a re-election? I think that might be a little closer to the truth. No other scenario for a stand down order makes sense. They had their own plan going and when that stand down order didn't stand the entire thing went south. They never imagined they would be found out. All it will take now is one Muslim from either Benghazi or Egypt to blow the entire thing wide open. I wouldn't say it is out of the question either. We'll see.
- Jeri

Last edited:
The fact is that the administration lied about what happened in Benghazi, and attempted to cover-up, obfuscate, and difuse responsibility for failure to properly protect the consulate and failure to send any rescue to the aid of American diplomats in serious trouble.

Except for reelection, can you think of any reasons for the lies?

I think it's extremely likely that the Obama administration created the false narrative in order to do damage control with the election so close, yes. Do you think he would have won re-election by coming out 2 months before the primary and telling citizens that his administration gave out stand down orders on protecting those Americans?
not likely.

No but I don't think that's what happened either

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

Talk about moving the goalposts.

Who lknows if Romney would have won. We do know Obama lied about Benghazi to coverup what was going on there and Obama felt it would hurt his chances.

Absolutely.

Obama screwed it up big time and he saw an opportunity to throw the blame off of his incompetance so close to the election.

He still would have beaten Romney though, the American voter is too stupid to care about Benghazi.

not likely.

No but I don't think that's what happened either

So, you don't believe the State Department ever redacted the transcript? You know it had to be political if you send Susan Rice on five consecutive Sunday morning talk shows to press a false narrative into people's head.

"The State Department's position must be taken into consideration"

So yes, he lied for political reasons, and got all of his subjects to lie for him, through their teeth to the American people.

not likely.

True. Nevertheless, he had a reason for giving that stand down order. Remember this! There must be a motive or else it falls apart. Obama had a motive for giving that stand down order. What was his motive. There is your story. THE REAL ONE.

Trump has offered rewards concerning Obama before. Here is what I suggest to Mr. Trump. Put up a reward for 5 million dollars to the person willing to tell the story with evidence to prove it - about the planned kidnapping / hostage exchange for Blind Sheik gone bad - I'm betting one of them will bite. Someone knows something and eventually? It is coming out. They may as well take the money and be first. It will come out eventually.

Who lknows if Romney would have won. We do know Obama lied about Benghazi to coverup what was going on there and Obama felt it would hurt his chances.

It obviously didn't. Because apparently, people believed whatever it is they wanted to believe.

Last edited:
All I know is his administration pushed the false narrative for days and yet there is not one reasonable explanation as to why. Just as the pentagon denied initially they told a team to stand down which was also a lie.

I have no idea why Obama chose to decieve the American people. But I believe he did so intentionally.

What do you believe ClosedCaption?

It obviously didn't. Because apparently, people believed whatever it is the wanted to believe.

The reason ppl are believing whatever they want is because after 9 hearings you still have nothing but questions, questions and more questions. If you were to float the idea that Obama lied about Benghazi to win most Americans would laugh and the rest would ask Who is Ben Ghazi?

Of course not. That's just their talking points for the rubes.

As you can see, it's working.

No I don't think that and that is the irony of this whole situation I think Obama made the decision to mislead people or lie for those who prefer that word because he feared it could sway the election while it might have made the election closer I don't think it would have changed the end result. The Obama administration created this mess by making a decision to mislead based on a political calculation that the truth would hurt their reelection chances.

not likely.

^^^ this^^^

No I don't think that and that is the irony of this whole situation I think Obama made the decision to mislead people or lie for those who prefer that word because he feared it could sway the election while it might have made the election closer I don't think it would have changed the end result. The Obama administration created this mess by making a decision to mislead based on a political calculation that the truth would hurt their reelection chances.

Bingo.

It obviously didn't. Because apparently, people believed whatever it is the wanted to believe.

The reason ppl are believing whatever they want is because after 9 hearings you still have nothing but questions, questions and more questions. If you were to float the idea that Obama lied about Benghazi to win most Americans would laugh and the rest would ask Who is Ben Ghazi?

The only question I have for you is:

Where's your rebuttal?

Forum List

Back