Do Repubs believe Obama lied about Benghazi to win reelection

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat.

I think the administration lied about Benghazi. I do not believe Romney would have won if they had told the truth. I am not yet convinced they lied because of the pending election.

That's my entire point. No it's not ok, but does it rise to the level of 9 hearings and a big hoopla in the conservative media? Hell no

Since everyone expects and admits Politian's lie all the time what makes this lie so extraordinary?

That involved teh deaths of innocent people. That it showed that the line that Obama was selling--al Qaeda is dead--was wrong, and he knew it was wrong. That the president would lie about a matter of national security for political gain.
Want me to continue?

Let see, al Queda hit us in 2001 and killed over 3000 innocent people. Then in 2012 they can only muster an attack on a far flung outpost in a lawless land and only kill 4 people? I'd say the President was correct. Al Queda is on the run. (I don't recall him ever saying they were dead either)

it wasn't even al queda in Benghazi. Don't get me wrong, I think obama's for policy is bad, but the gop ran the mad bomber followed by the plutocrat mormon. There's no reagan or even bushI in this group right now. We've got neocons and tea partiers. But this whole 'scandal" thing is lamer than Monica's dress.

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

I think the administration lied about Benghazi. I do not believe Romney would have won if they had told the truth. I am not yet convinced they lied because of the pending election.

By God, sir, take a stand. this is no time for bipartisanship or reason!

By God, sir, take a stand. this is no time for bipartisanship or reason!

If not now, when? If not me, who?

So, which question do you want answered?

"Do Repubs believe Obama lied about Benghazi to win reelection"

- or -

"Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?"

I'm not saying that Romney would have won.
The electorate had all but made up their minds by that point.

Obama and/or his campaign team, I believe, were scared that it would hurt his chances so they did what they could to deflect from the FACT that there was a terrorist attack against Americans on the anniversary of 911 and made a conscious decision to lie to America about why the attack happened.
They made sure to drag that lie out as long as they could.
They failed.

I think that if they had came right out and called it what it was, immediately, it wouldn't have hurt their campaign.
It was a bad call to lie about it. An even worse call to continue the lie.

The election would have came out the same, either way, I feel.

I think recusing servicemen under attack instead of holding back their rescuers to let them die would have had more political pay for Obama.

He did not say it was a terror attack and even Crowley admitted she was wrong in claiming he did.

Never let a fact influence you opinion

September 12 -- President Barack Obama

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

What the Obama administration has said about the Libya attack - CNN.com

Uh... that was not directly calling this a terror attack... that has been shown and proven directly NUMEROUS times.. Obamalama craftily kept from actually saying it, but tried to say just enough INDIRECTLY to swear up and down that he did.. the old political 2-step.. the only thing he directly called the incident was 'terrible act'...

When he mentioned terror that day he never used the word about Benghazi. The word terror was used after he started speaking about 9/11/2001- very obvious that was where he was applying the word terror to. I totally agree with you.

That involved teh deaths of innocent people. That it showed that the line that Obama was selling--al Qaeda is dead--was wrong, and he knew it was wrong. That the president would lie about a matter of national security for political gain.
Want me to continue?

Let see, al Queda hit us in 2001 and killed over 3000 innocent people. Then in 2012 they can only muster an attack on a far flung outpost in a lawless land and only kill 4 people? I'd say the President was correct. Al Queda is on the run. (I don't recall him ever saying they were dead either)

it wasn't even al queda in Benghazi. Don't get me wrong, I think obama's for policy is bad, but the gop ran the mad bomber followed by the plutocrat mormon. There's no reagan or even bushI in this group right now. We've got neocons and tea partiers. But this whole 'scandal" thing is lamer than Monica's dress.

In a policy analysis for the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, a D.C.-based think tank, Aaron Zelin provided more information on the group based in Benghazi that bears the name Ansar al-Sharia. Dissecting the emergence of jihadist groups in Libya since the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi, Zelin writes that even as the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, which had once been the most important of the country’s jihadist groups, faded away, smaller, localized movements began to emerge. “One of the largest is Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi (ASB), led by Muhammad Zahawi,” Zelin writes. “In addition to online connections with the Ansar al-Shaira group in Tunisia, ASB has ties to several smaller Salafi-jihadist katibas (battalions) in Libya, including the shadowy Ansar al-Sharia in Darnah (ASD), led by former Guantanamo Bay inmate Abu Sufyan bin Qumu.”
so it is led by someone we picked up in the battlefield with al-queda...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back