Do Repubs believe Obama lied about Benghazi to win reelection

I'm trying to keep up as soon as you show me in one of those threads where Repubs are saying Obama did it to get re-elected. Are you keeping up?

Yes, it doesn't matter that the president of the US lied to the American people.

Are you a child and don't realize that Politicians lie? Lets look at it as a lie...Obama lied and what happened because of that lie? it's already been admitted that Romney winning wouldntve happened so....what?

edit: You know something like Bush lied ppl died....If Obama lied...then what significant event happened?

So let's say it would have thrown the election. Just for argument. Does that make it OK? Are the American people entitled to know the truth about what their government does? Granted some things need to remain secret, that's obvious. But this isn't oen of them.

Did you actually watch her on the morning shows?

They attributed the attack to the video. She also said it was a pretty early and that the situation was still fluid. And that new information may change the initial assessment.

That's not unusual. But you guys are playing the "exact words" game of "gotcha".

Which bodes really really badly for transparency in government.

So now you're admitting it? Are you drugged? What words are we supposed to use? Yours?

Exact words mean more than empty ones.

Admitting what?

They got it wrong.

Yeah..that's what happens when you try to get information out quickly. Sometimes you screw up. Doesn't mean anyone lied.

Thats the biggest pile of SHIT I've ever heard. It's kind of like saying "the Devil made me do it."

Please grow a pair, man up, and try admitting you're wrong once in a while.

Did you actually watch her on the morning shows?

They attributed the attack to the video. She also said it was a pretty early and that the situation was still fluid. And that new information may change the initial assessment.

That's not unusual. But you guys are playing the "exact words" game of "gotcha".

Which bodes really really badly for transparency in government.

So now you're admitting it? Are you drugged? What words are we supposed to use? Yours?

Admitting what?

They got it wrong.

Yeah..that's what happens when you try to get information out quickly. Sometimes you screw up. Doesn't mean anyone lied.

When you know what you are saying isn't the truth, you are lying.

Obama and Hillary both knew the facts. They sent people out to lie. They lied. Only a partisan hack won't admit that.

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

No I don't think that and that is the irony of this whole situation I think Obama made the decision to mislead people or lie for those who prefer that word because he feared it could sway the election while it might have made the election closer I don't think it would have changed the end result. The Obama administration created this mess by making a decision to mislead based on a political calculation that the truth would hurt their reelection chances.

That's absurd because there is no indication that a terror attack would have hurt the president politically;

that is simply the story that the rightwing propaganda machine concocted in order to make their attack on the president work.

You invent the premise that suits you and then argue from that point of advantage.

It's classic.

Let me get this right:

You don't like a rational explanation to the Obama Administration's irrational explanation?

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

Nope! We're saying obamie are lied so he could win. Proof is in da puddin, which is why the left went apeshit on Romney for having a press conference.

Do I believe a politician lied about something to win an election?

That's a rhetorical question right?

Yes, it doesn't matter that the president of the US lied to the American people.

Are you a child and don't realize that Politicians lie? Lets look at it as a lie...Obama lied and what happened because of that lie? it's already been admitted that Romney winning wouldntve happened so....what?

edit: You know something like Bush lied ppl died....If Obama lied...then what significant event happened?

So let's say it would have thrown the election. Just for argument. Does that make it OK? Are the American people entitled to know the truth about what their government does? Granted some things need to remain secret, that's obvious. But this isn't oen of them.

That's my entire point. No it's not ok, but does it rise to the level of 9 hearings and a big hoopla in the conservative media? Hell no

Since everyone expects and admits Politian's lie all the time what makes this lie so extraordinary?

That's my entire point. No it's not ok, but does it rise to the level of 9 hearings and a big hoopla in the conservative media? Hell no

Since everyone expects and admits Politian's lie all the time what makes this lie so extraordinary?

I don't think this one is so extraordinary, but it it so reprehensible and indefensible that it is one that some of us decided was a hill worth standing our ground on.

At some point honest people get fed up with a media who won't report a story that doesn't support their partisan point of view. At some point honest people get sick to death of people who have never had a an orginal thought in their heads, but who dutifully go to the "I hate" websites to pick up the assigned talking points and dutifully repeat them over and over--this to be sure no serious discussion of the facts can happen. At some point honest people get just plain mad at being played for fools by their government that increases its own power, influence, and personal fortunes at our expense and by deceiving the gullible.

This American is sick of all of it regardless of whether a "D" or "R" follows somebody's name.

No I don't think that and that is the irony of this whole situation I think Obama made the decision to mislead people or lie for those who prefer that word because he feared it could sway the election while it might have made the election closer I don't think it would have changed the end result. The Obama administration created this mess by making a decision to mislead based on a political calculation that the truth would hurt their reelection chances.

That's absurd because there is no indication that a terror attack would have hurt the president politically;

that is simply the story that the rightwing propaganda machine concocted in order to make their attack on the president work.

You invent the premise that suits you and then argue from that point of advantage.

It's classic.
Then why push the attack was inspired by a video story for two weeks? Obama and the Democrats had been pushing the Al-Qaeda is done Bin Laden is dead GM is alive line for some time leading up to the election which is fine but a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9-11 a couple of months before the election damages that claim and had the potential to hurt Obama they realized that and tried to spin us the video story there is no other logical reason to put that story out there. The fact your so blind where Obama is concerned you can't even acknowledge that he made a political calculation that lead to a dumb decision a decision that has not even really cost him anything is truly sad.

It's classic.
Then why push the attack was inspired by a video story for two weeks? Obama and the Democrats had been pushing the Al-Qaeda is done Bin Laden is dead GM is alive line for some time leading up to the election which is fine but a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9-11 a couple of months before the election damages that claim and had the potential to hurt Obama they realized that and tried to spin us the video story there is no other logical reason to put that story out there. The fact your so blind where Obama is concerned you can't even acknowledge that he made a political calculation that lead to a dumb decision a decision that has not even really cost him anything is truly sad.

Really? Since when?

They've been saying Al Qaeda's on the run. Bush said the same thing, lots of times.

If they were done? Why not repeal the AUMF?

Eh?

Oh..and GM is alive. They are building snazzy new muscle cars.

Can't stand having all the eyes on Obama can you? You sit there wanting him to be embellished with attention, but when he screws up. Guess what? He isn't so attractive anymore, is he? No wonder the liberal media couldn't get enough of Amanda Berry and Jodie Arias.

Yep, you voted for an idiot. Idiot.

It's classic.

Really? Since when?

They've been saying Al Qaeda's on the run. Bush said the same thing, lots of times.

If they were done? Why not repeal the AUMF?

Eh?

Oh..and GM is alive. They are building snazzy new muscle cars.

Non sequitur.

Admitting what?

They got it wrong.

Obama and Hillary both knew the facts. They sent people out to lie. They lied. Only a partisan hack won't admit that.

No you're a lying.

Partisan hack.

Man..that was easy.

Admitting what?

They got it wrong.

No you're a lying.

Partisan hack.

Man..that was easy.

Yeah, it is easy, not having any argument and all.

Forum List

Back