Do Repubs believe Obama lied about Benghazi to win reelection

That would mean that everyone involved in Benghazi lied. You give this little black man too much power that he does not have.

Oh, verily I say, this nation has never had to suffer a more goebel like magician of the media. I mean he had the nation focused for a solid year on his birth certificate. he is a veritbable Nebuchadnezzar

That would mean that everyone involved in Benghazi lied. You give this little black man too much power that he does not have.

Oh, verily I say, this nation has never had to suffer a more goebel like magician of the media. I mean he had the nation focused for a solid year on his birth certificate. he is a veritbable Nebuchadnezzar

Are you stupid? That's a serious question, btw.

I gave you my honest opinion. Are you going to respond in kind?

I've been honest from the jump, I know little about this whole thing. But it seems I'm on the same page as everyone else except I don't go into speculation.

From what I do know I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on but I do believe this is one of those republican moments where they are looking for anything like they did with Monica Lewinsky. Obama says brown shoes, oops he was wearing black ones so GET HIM!

American servicemen ended up dead. So it isn't about shoes.
We know there was a false narrative put out. The question is why. Was it simple incompetence? Obama is supposed to be our smartest president. So it can't be that. That leaves the obvious political angle. An election coming up that many predicted he would lose. He was reaching for anything to make sure that didnt happen and didnt want to be the first president to lose Americans in a terrorist attack since 9/11.
It is the most likely explanation. And with Occam's Razor the logical one.

I agree the question is why...Like Why does it matter?

You guys are fishing and whether you snag a trout or a plastic bucket you're just happy fishing.

This is just how Clinton got caught up....ask about nothing, then specifics about the nothing...uncover something completely unrelated then claim victory

The President would have let Bill Clinton baby sit the girls in order to get reelected, so yes. His administration lied and he was aware of it.

he said it was "a terror" attack. He also attribitued it to the video, which his intelligence at the time at least partially said was the case, and even now is probably partially the truth, eg there were a bunch of pissed off civilians at the counselate as well as an orgainize militia with at least a mortor.

ps, but yeah the spun Rice like a dradle.

He did not say it was a terror attack and even Crowley admitted she was wrong in claiming he did.

Never let a fact influence you opinion

September 12 -- President Barack Obama

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

What the Obama administration has said about the Libya attack - CNN.com

Uh... that was not directly calling this a terror attack... that has been shown and proven directly NUMEROUS times.. Obamalama craftily kept from actually saying it, but tried to say just enough INDIRECTLY to swear up and down that he did.. the old political 2-step.. the only thing he directly called the incident was 'terrible act'...

I've been honest from the jump, I know little about this whole thing. But it seems I'm on the same page as everyone else except I don't go into speculation.

From what I do know I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on but I do believe this is one of those republican moments where they are looking for anything like they did with Monica Lewinsky. Obama says brown shoes, oops he was wearing black ones so GET HIM!

We know there was a false narrative put out. The question is why. Was it simple incompetence? Obama is supposed to be our smartest president. So it can't be that. That leaves the obvious political angle. An election coming up that many predicted he would lose. He was reaching for anything to make sure that didnt happen and didnt want to be the first president to lose Americans in a terrorist attack since 9/11.

You guys are fishing and whether you snag a trout or a plastic bucket you're just happy fishing.

This is just how Clinton got caught up....ask about nothing, then specifics about the nothing...uncover something completely unrelated then claim victory

So the president lies about what happened and that's OK with you? Do you think he has any accountability at all for things his administration does, or is it just whatever he wants and since he's the president we all need to shut up and go along?

Clinton was hiding a bunch of stuff, like payoffs from the Chinese military. The sex thing was just the most provable.

he said it was "a terror" attack. He also attribitued it to the video, which his intelligence at the time at least partially said was the case, and even now is probably partially the truth, eg there were a bunch of pissed off civilians at the counselate as well as an orgainize militia with at least a mortor.

ps, but yeah the spun Rice like a dradle.

He did not say it was a terror attack and even Crowley admitted she was wrong in claiming he did.

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. ... No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

Cue the switcharoo. He calls it a spontaneous demostration based on an anti-Islamic film made here in the US on September 26, 2012.

So the president lies about what happened and that's OK with you? Do you think he has any accountability at all for things his administration does, or is it just whatever he wants and since he's the president we all need to shut up and go along?

Clinton was hiding a bunch of stuff, like payoffs from the Chinese military. The sex thing was just the most provable.

Obviously it does not matter that he lies to the people. The suppoerters will support it, point to Bush and any other obfuscation they can find. meanwhile, they call lying by Bush a terrible act and any supporter of Bush has problems.

It's the old "run from kettle" cognition failure.

Obviously it does not matter that he lies to the people. The suppoerters will support it, point to Bush and any other obfuscation they can find. meanwhile, they call lying by Bush a terrible act and any supporter of Bush has problems.

i'm curious as to who died because of obama's "lie." Assuming you actually believe he lied, and i really don't doubt your sincerity no matter it's partisan basis, but the four guys were already dead.

Cue the switcharoo. He calls it a spontaneous demostration based on an anti-Islamic film made here in the US on September 26, 2012.

Well, gd he should have been more specific that "act of terror." You need to demand more of the guy.

i'm curious as to who died because of obama's "lie." Assuming you actually believe he lied, and i really don't doubt your sincerity no matter it's partisan basis, but the four guys were already dead.

Still waiting for an answer to my question.

Yes, it doesn't matter that the president of the US lied to the American people.

Are you a child and don't realize that Politicians lie? Lets look at it as a lie...Obama lied and what happened because of that lie? it's already been admitted that Romney winning wouldntve happened so....what?

edit: You know something like Bush lied ppl died....If Obama lied...then what significant event happened?

Last edited:

That really wasn't enough for these folks.

They wanted a bloodbath. Think BlackHawk down.

Obama described Benghazi as an act of terror the day after it happened. He didn't deceive anyone.

There was nothing to gain by intentionally scheming to lie about Benghazi.

Bullshit. He may have said it the first day but then he back tracked and blamed the video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vSzdOPz1X0][FLASHBACK] At the UN Obama blames an internet video for Benghazi and the other attack - YouTube[/ame]

It's irrelevant. What caused the terrorists to carry out their attack when they did has never been determined.

Plus, it doesn't matter.

Still waiting for an answer to my question.

I don't know your question. bushii lied and 4K died. That's the way it is. It has nothing to do with Benghazi. I don't like obama and learned to loath W, and hope he rots in hell. OK?

But, even assuming your partisan rant about obama Lying is correct, how did it kill anyone? Bushii is long gone, thank God.

There has been suggestions floating around but repubs wont say it directly. Are you guys saying Romney would've won if Obama didn't lie about Benghazi?

No I don't think that and that is the irony of this whole situation I think Obama made the decision to mislead people or lie for those who prefer that word because he feared it could sway the election while it might have made the election closer I don't think it would have changed the end result. The Obama administration created this mess by making a decision to mislead based on a political calculation that the truth would hurt their reelection chances.

That's absurd because there is no indication that a terror attack would have hurt the president politically;

that is simply the story that the rightwing propaganda machine concocted in order to make their attack on the president work.

You invent the premise that suits you and then argue from that point of advantage.

It's classic.

^^ @ Bendog that's what I don't understand, is this an honesty campaign like "be more honest" or something

Forum List

Back