do we need a big R&D investment for our militaries anytime soon?

it was Trump who authorized operation light-speed to develop the vaccines, and it was long-standing US political policy making standards that saw the Democrats push it into society (along Democratic policy making standards, but still - it was a continuation of Republican policy-making).

and you're not gonna tell me we could have gotten to herd-immunity without the vaccines.
so a lot more people could have died without the vaccines being pushed into society.
I guess you didnt read where they said hurd was more effective than the vaccine that wasnt a vaccine that didnt stop you from contracting or spreading covid??

never said republicans werent involved,, its the nature of government to not let a crisis go to waste and advance their powers,,

look what repubes did after 911 with the patriot act with the help of the dems,,

OH forgot about the tick tok ban legislation where they want to have access to everyones phones and computers,,

its all about the baby steps,,

do we need a big R&D investment for our militaries anytime soon?​

When do we start sending all our people to China for degrees at their universities, camp out at their research centers, start buying up all of their industry, have their leaders all start trading us advanced technology for personal favors and large bribes, start inserting our agents throughout their industry and government, and start setting up our own police stations operating in their country?

When do we start sending all our people to China for degrees at their universities, camp out at their research centers, start buying up all of their industry, have their leaders all start trading us advanced technology for personal favors and large bribes, start inserting our agents throughout their industry and government,
when we've fallen enough behind in our own R&D capabilities of course.

and start setting up our own police stations operating in their country?
i don't think we'll need to be doing that anytime soon.
we allow dissent against our own governments after all.

you *also* gave merely an opinion, which like mine, is best viewed with colored sunglasses on.
I used actual events to support my opinion,,,

if I got something wrong in that do let me know,,

all youve done is tell me I am wrong,, you will need more than that,,

I guess you didnt read where they said hurd was more effective than the vaccine that wasnt a vaccine that didnt stop you from contracting or spreading covid??

never said republicans werent involved,, its the nature of government to not let a crisis go to waste and advance their powers,,

look what repubes did after 911 with the patriot act with the help of the dems,,

OH forgot about the tick tok ban legislation where they want to have access to everyones phones and computers,,

its all about the baby steps,,
and as such, we kept those face masks in fashion for plenty of time as well, so that herd immunity *could* develop.
at least we didn't have millions upon millions dying and overcrowding hospitals, like what happened with influenza when it first came around!

as for those baby steps : we take huge strides back to normalicy when the crisis is over.
or do you wanna plainly deny that fact?

We do? Then why was some black guy just arrested and charged for a 30 year jail sentence for spouting off sedition or something just for apparently siding with Russia over the USA?
well, that's a news item that i've missed then.
i can tell you that i personally get away with heavy criticism of our own governments on an almost yearly basis.

and as such, we kept those face masks in fashion for plenty of time as well, so that herd immunity *could* develop.
at least we didn't have millions upon millions dying and overcrowding hospitals, like what happened with influenza when it first came around!

as for those baby steps : we take huge strides back to normalicy when the crisis is over.
or do you wanna plainly deny that fact?
we are far from back to normal and most likely will never get back to where we were,,,

tens of thousand of small businesses are gone and will never return,, and the government now knows many will blindly do what theyre told without real proof,,

we are far from back to normal and most likely will never get back to where we were,,,

tens of thousand of small businesses are gone and will never return,, and the government now knows many will blindly do what theyre told without real proof,,

those businesses will return once the economy settles, but first we have an economic downturn to go through (according to the economists and bankers), so you'll have to wait for that.
and people aren't nearly as gullible as you make 'm out to be here, i know that much.

have to say it once to repeat it,,

what event did I get wrong and how did it not advance government power in the manner I stated??

you got the covid parts of your reasoning wrong, along with that baby-steps principle to giving up one's freedom..
people are *quick* to demand their old levels of freedom back.
you can see that now in the hiring shortages that airlines have to deal with, for instance.

those businesses will return once the economy settles, but first we have an economic downturn to go through (according to the economists and bankers), so you'll have to wait for that.
and people aren't nearly as gullible as you make 'm out to be here, i know that much.

you got the covid parts of your reasoning wrong, along with that baby-steps principle to giving up one's freedom..
people are *quick* to demand their old levels of freedom back.
you can see that now in the hiring shortages that airlines have to deal with, for instance.
youre taking my baby step comments out of context,,,

I dosagree with the rest of your opinion,,
some businesses might come back but most of them the people have walked away,, and the next generation are to focused on the internet and self gratification to ever committ to running a business,

FFS even mcdonalds cant get enough people to work let alone take charge,,

you still have shown how I was wrong about the actual events and the powers the government grabbed because of them,,

can you find me a link?
there's a lot of threads on this forum.

It was an active thread just a day ago about a black guy getting arrested by the Biden Administration as part of some small group of his just for his views for Russia or against Ukraine in the face of the 1st amendment to voice his views.

Forum List

Back