do we need a big R&D investment for our militaries anytime soon?

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
China Allegedly Developing Cyberweapons to Hijack Enemy Satellites, According to US Leak

Enlarge / The Dragon SpaceX satellite. China’s ambitious cyber attacks aim to mimic the signals that satellites receive from their operators, tricking them into being taken over or to malfunction.…

Local : 2023-04-22(Saturday) 01 : 56 : 21
Remote : Fri, 21 Apr 2023 23:56:21 +0000
Found via NicerApp WebOS

as a genuine fan of peace (through strength though), i gotta ask here : isn't it about time we infused the US and EU militaries with some billions of fresh R&D money?
i mean, we're not going to defeat the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance (China, North-Korea, Iran, Russia, and all of their allies) through the 'cannonfodder' strategies.
they outnumber us 3:1 and invest heavily in military technology (Iran, China *and* North-Korea are doing this as we speak), *and* they are attempting to make us economically deprived on the international stage by upsetting the Dollar-as-global-reserve-currency status.

we'll have to beat them at the economic + technological development stages of the (diplomatic) conflicts that are about to ensue (Taiwan, Iran, Ukraine's peace negotiations).
because it's always been a fact that from military R&D you *also* get civilian tech that will be used to strengthen one's economic positions.

what do you people think about this?
i know our economies are bleeding, but in order to climb to a gutter to clean it, you'd best first get a ladder, right?

China Allegedly Developing Cyberweapons to Hijack Enemy Satellites, According to US Leak

Enlarge / The Dragon SpaceX satellite. China’s ambitious cyber attacks aim to mimic the signals that satellites receive from their operators, tricking them into being taken over or to malfunction.…

Local : 2023-04-22(Saturday) 01 : 56 : 21
Remote : Fri, 21 Apr 2023 23:56:21 +0000
Found via NicerApp WebOS

as a genuine fan of peace (through strength though), i gotta ask here : isn't it about time we infused the US and EU militaries with some billions of fresh R&D money?
i mean, we're not going to defeat the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance (China, North-Korea, Iran, Russia, and all of their allies) through the 'cannonfodder' strategies.
they outnumber us 3:1 and invest heavily in military technology (Iran, China *and* North-Korea are doing this as we speak), *and* they are attempting to make us economically deprived on the international stage by upsetting the Dollar-as-global-reserve-currency status.

we'll have to beat them at the economic + technological development stages of the (diplomatic) conflicts that are about to ensue (Taiwan, Iran, Ukraine's peace negotiations).
because it's always been a fact that from military R&D you *also* get civilian tech that will be used to strengthen one's economic positions.

what do you people think about this?
i know our economies are bleeding, but in order to climb to a gutter to clean it, you'd best first get a ladder, right?
I would like to think our military is in a constant state of R&D work with no limit on their budget,,,

might i be so bold as to suggest more investment into fusion reactor R&D? it would be good to *drop* our dependencies on munitions-resuplies, especially for our naval fleets, considering all those missiles that can now be directed at them these days.
my guess on that is its already been invented and proven viable but is being suppressed due to a low profit margin if its brought out for public use,,

the big guys want their money and the government is there to help them get it,,

with all respect, then why are the regular munitions factories doing overtime at the moment, while we read headline after headline of Chinese military R&D beating Western military R&D?
munitions factories are not R&D,,
we also have a war to supply and might be why they are so busy,,

my guess on that is its already been invented and proven viable but is being suppressed due to a low profit margin if its brought out for public use,,

the big guys want their money and the government is there to help them get it,,
well, we need fusion reactors scaled down in size *and* made civilian-economically viable.
for that green agenda of the Democrats, and the betterment of all of NATO and the EU.

and if you're smart about it, Americans, you get some EU money into US fusion reactor R&D along those lines, with a solid promise to share this tech back to the EU, so that we too can enjoy the fruits of a safer environment and all-electric vehicles.

well, we need fusion reactors scaled down in size *and* made civilian-economically viable.
for that green agenda of the Democrats, and the betterment of all of NATO and the EU.

and if you're smart about it, Americans, you get some EU money into US fusion reactor R&D along those lines, with a solid promise to share this tech back to the EU, so that we too can enjoy the fruits of a safer environment and all-electric vehicles.
I honestly believe it already exists,,,

i took the liberty to inform my national government (the Dutch) and the US government about this thread, but apparently someone has beaten me to the punch somewhat :
still, *i* strongly recommend a substantial increase of military R&D funding across the board.

Biden warned its 'game over' if China gets tech to knock out American satellites

Joe Biden has been warned that it will be "game over" for the United States if China is allowed to develop weapons that knock out American satellites. Former national security adviser John Hannah says China's aggressive investment in technology is intended disrupt, degrade and destroy American space capabilities.

Remote : Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:30:00 +0100
Local : 2023-04-22(Saturday) 01 : 30 : 00
Found via NicerApp WebOS

i took the liberty to inform my national government (the Dutch) and the US government about this thread, but apparently someone has beaten me to the punch somewhat :
still, *i* strongly recommend a substantial increase of military R&D funding across the board.
and the money could be fetched by taxing the wealthy and the wealthies corporations, as per the Democrats' promise.
the trend of the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor has to be stopped as well, ever so gradually, but still.

Biden warned its 'game over' if China gets tech to knock out American satellites

Joe Biden has been warned that it will be "game over" for the United States if China is allowed to develop weapons that knock out American satellites. Former national security adviser John Hannah says China's aggressive investment in technology is intended disrupt, degrade and destroy American space capabilities.

Remote : Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:30:00 +0100
Local : 2023-04-22(Saturday) 01 : 30 : 00
Found via NicerApp WebOS
I bet our satellite's are fine and we can destroy satellites anytime we want

Forum List

Back