Do we need to fear God?

I don't fear The Supreme Power, I love.
I experience both emotions personally. There are no guarantees that any of us will get into heaven. That old saying "he put the fear of God into me" reigns true for me whenever I feel I am off course.

That’s just a chicken shit way of not having to actually state what you believe because it’s nonsense. You are a slippery fucker. What’s wrong? Can’t keep your lies straight?
Do you want the moderators to stop enforcing the rules of conduct in this part of zone 1?

You're better than that Ding.

I experience both emotions personally. There are no guarantees that any of us will get into heaven. That old saying "he put the fear of God into me" reigns true for me whenever I feel I am off course.

^ That is not actually biblical.

Ephesians 1:13-14 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."​

Also, there is no fear in perfect love. I posted this scripture I think 3 times already on this thread, but I guess I'll post it a 4th time. :)

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."​

Organized religion is in direct conflict with modern society.

Some of us can see that "modern society" is a twisted, upside-down, insane mess. The fact that you don't see that is very telling. :dunno:

Of course Christianity is in conflict with modern society... because modern society = the ways of this fallen, corrupted world.

^ That is not actually biblical.

Ephesians 1:13-14 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."​

Also, there is no fear in perfect love. I posted this scripture I think 3 times already on this thread, but I guess I'll post it a 4th time. :)

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."​
The point I am making is that the decision as to if I am accepted into his kingdom is out of my hands. Just believing does not assure entry. I do not want to debate theology for an hour, I will suggest that extrapolating a verse or two isn't going to supersede all of his instructions.

Last edited:
The point I am making is that the decision as to if I am accepted into his kingdom is out of my hands. Just believing does not assure entry. I do not want to debate theology for an hour, I will suggest ths at extrapolating a verse or two isn't going to supersede all of his instructions.

I agree that it's not about mere belief… ("even the demons believe...and tremble") We are saved by God's grace through Faith.

And it's not just one or two scriptures. The idea is there in numerous scriptures that God doesn't want us to worry about whether or not we're saved. If someone isn't sure that they're saved... then they're probably not. Because as that scripture I posted said, when you become born again, you are sealed with the Spirit, and your life will change.... significantly.

I don't fear The Supreme Power, I love.
As it should be; it's not a good policy to hate yourself. GOD gave of itself to create all of us; we are one with GOD; not separate as some religions attempt to decree ( falsely in the name of their god / gods, which makes their sins even greater ).

Organized religion is in direct conflict with modern society.
That is exactly the position of militant atheism and communism. Which isn’t surprising since every communist nation were ruled by militant atheists.

The Old Testament is largely a history ( greatly embellished ) of the Hebrews seen through religious eyes, thus tainted. The New Testament was suppose to be about the life of Jesus Christ and the philosophy he preached but since common men, not even well-educated men, wrote it instead of Christ they fell back on Old Testament beliefs which distorted Christ's real message. There is no black and white in a contaminated storyline.
Actually it’s the history of a people who cycled between remembering God and forgetting God.

Actually it’s the history of a people who cycled between remembering God and forgetting God.
I'd say the remembering and forgetting was due to changes in who had conquered them at the time. So it would be more of changing god / gods.

I'd say the remembering and forgetting was due to changes in who had conquered them at the time. So it would be more of changing god / gods.
And you would be wrong. It is a well established cycle for all people. And has nothing to do with being conquered and everything to do with pride. When people become satisfied they become proud and forget God.

And you would be wrong. It is a well established cycle for all people. And has nothing to do with being conquered and everything to do with pride. When people become satisfied they become proud and forget God.
The origins of Judaism in the Bronze Age amidst polytheistic ancient Semitic religions, specifically evolving out of the polytheistic ancient Canaanite religion, then co-existing with Babylonian Religion, and syncretizing elements of Babylonian belief into the worship of Yahweh. As reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew bible.Yahwism is the name given by modern scholars to the religion of ancient Israel. Yahwism was essentially polytheistic, heading the pantheon of gods and goddesses was Yahweh and his consort Asherah and second-tier gods and goddesses such as Baal, Shamash, Yarikh, Mot and. Astarte. Judaism did not emerge until the first century CE. n.m.wikipedia.org>origins-of-judaism

Judaism did not emerge until the first century CE.
It has its roots as an organized religion in the Middle East during the Bronze Age. Modern Judaism evolved from Yahwism, the religion of ancient Israel and Judah, by the late 6th century BCE, and is thus considered to be one of the oldest monotheistic religions.

The origins of Judaism in the Bronze Age amidst polytheistic ancient Semitic religions, specifically evolving out of the polytheistic ancient Canaanite religion, then co-existing with Babylonian Religion, and syncretizing elements of Babylonian belief into the worship of Yahweh. As reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew bible.Yahwism is the name given by modern scholars to the religion of ancient Israel. Yahwism was essentially polytheistic, heading the pantheon of gods and goddesses was Yahweh and his consort Asherah and second-tier gods and goddesses such as Baal, Shamash, Yarikh, Mot and. Astarte. Judaism did not emerge until the first century CE. n.m.wikipedia.org>origins-of-judaism
Abraham, Hebrew Avraham, originally called Abram or, in Hebrew, Avram, (flourished early 2nd millennium bce), the first of the Hebrew patriarchs and a figure revered by the three great monotheistic religions—Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

If you believe it’s a violation then by all means you should report it
I very seldom report anything.
I think it's in all Christians' best interests to keep this religion section clean. And as an atheist it's in my interest too.

It has its roots as an organized religion in the Middle East during the Bronze Age. Modern Judaism evolved from Yahwism, the religion of ancient Israel and Judah, by the late 6th century BCE, and is thus considered to be one of the oldest monotheistic religions.

Amazing two sources from Wikipedia with differing dates. Maybe it took 500 years to clean it all up and get the polytheists of Yahwism to convert to Judaism. That's not unusual with such a major shift in a religion.

Last edited:
Amazing two sources from Wikipedia with differing dates. Maybe it took 500 years to clean it all up and get the polytheists of Yahwism to convert to Judaism. That's not unusual with such a major shift in a religion.
It’s weird that you would have thought it would have been an event rather than a process. Especially since it was described in the OT.

Forum List

Back