Do you care what journalists think?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Do you realize that most people who write or talk about politics aren't very smart or even very well versed on the subjects about which they opine? Do you think that talking heads and paid political shills are reliable sources of information?

I find that they aren't worth the expenditure of my time, especially when they are prognosticating. For that reason, I never cite them in my posts. How about you?

I think most are dim assholes.

That said, read everything. The truth is somewhere in the middle of common sense.

Do you realize that most people who write or talk about politics aren't very smart or even very well versed on the subjects about which they opine? Do you think that talking heads and paid political shills are reliable sources of information?

I find that they aren't worth the expenditure of my time, especially when they are prognosticating. For that reason, I never cite them in my posts. How about you?

Generally no, but there have been exceptions. People who do long form interviews like Charlie Rose before he was #METoo!!!'d are better because they sort of turn it into a dialogue/conversation instead of just talking points or throwing softballs.

You obviously trust someone to tell you a truth you can accept. Who is it?

th

And you feel it's a journalist?

Dear jwoodie I treat them like anyone else.
If they have a good idea, if they are someone I can reach and share exchanges with,
and/or if we share certain approaches or solutions IN COMMON, then whoever it is,
it's worth it to connect and try to realize and develop corrections and reforms that way.

We need to start connecting on real solutions we can pursue and implement, and not just talking about problems.

If they have a good idea, if they are someone I can reach and share exchanges with,
and/or if we share certain approaches or solutions IN COMMON, then whoever it is,
it's worth it to connect and try to realize and develop corrections and reforms that way.

We need to start connecting on real solutions we can pursue and implement, and not just talking about problems.

Are you living in a past age of compromise, or what?
Today's unhinged Democrats have insured that those days are gone!

You're not reading the right people.

Find good independent sources for news and analysis. Or remain ignorant.

If it’s not propaganda posted in 120 characters or less, Trump sheep immediately wrap their scalps in tin foil

You're not reading the right people.

Find good independent sources for news and analysis. Or remain ignorant.

Where is Hunter Thompson when you need him?

Dear B. Kidd
it's just another phase people have to go through.
And yes it's unfortunately destructive in the meantime.

However, this extremist reaction is UNSUSTAINABLE.
It is NOT PERMANENT and we have to remember that.

Like the anger phase in grief and recovery, it has its season
and also its end.

The sooner we accept this stage as part of personal growth (individually)
and democratic development (collectively),
we can move on to the next phase and keep moving forward from there.

When grieving or supporting someone going through mass anger, even homicidal or suicidal,
we don't just push them out of a window to put them out of their misery
(as much as both sides want to just "vote each other out of office" thinking that will solve it).

We get them to a SAFE PLACE where they can get help to walk through their process
before they hurt themselves or others.

The best way I know to section off such people from destroying equal rights and protections of other
people affected by public policies is to HOLD PARTIES TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN POLICIES.

Whatever madness is going on with Democrats or Liberals, let's agree that ALL PARTIES should keep that to themselves.

Let's support all people of all groups to FUND AND FOLLOW their OWN policies
similar to religious organizations. And even SUPPORT them in setting up means
of self government, such as health care cooperatives that only require 1500 members
in order to sustain and manage their OWN BENEFITS under TERMS THEY AGREE TO.

This would prevent the bullying mentality of trying to impose beliefs on everyone else.

Just SUPPORT party members and leaders to manage their own policies for their own groups.
Starting locally by precinct or district, then connecting statewide, and collectively nationally.

And this DOESN'T require mandating or legislating nationally for anyone else.
The parties already have enough numbers to manage their own finances and resources to be self-sustaining.

As the old saying goes:
Don't AGONIZE, ORGANIZE.

And you feel it's a journalist?

Who do you trust to tell you the truth then? Politicians?

Sure, I believe politicians and/or journalists about the same percentage as their approval rating. Which is somewhere in the high teens? You need to use a smidgen of common sense.
You dismiss bad news out-of-hand and seek confirmation of your beliefs like any other hyper-partisan. The question is: do you remember the times you were mislead? None of these other Trumpbots seem to remember all the times they swallowed bullshit hook, line and sinker.

Dear B. Kidd
it's just another phase people have to go through.
And yes it's unfortunately destructive in the meantime.

However, this extremist reaction is UNSUSTAINABLE.
It is NOT PERMANENT and we have to remember that.

Like the anger phase in grief and recovery, it has its season
and also its end.

The sooner we accept this stage as part of personal growth (individually)
and democratic development (collectively),
we can move on to the next phase and keep moving forward from there.

When grieving or supporting someone going through mass anger, even homicidal or suicidal,
we don't just push them out of a window to put them out of their misery
(as much as both sides want to just "vote each other out of office" thinking that will solve it).

We get them to a SAFE PLACE where they can get help to walk through their process
before they hurt themselves or others.

The best way I know to section off such people from destroying equal rights and protections of other
people affected by public policies is to HOLD PARTIES TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN POLICIES.

Whatever madness is going on with Democrats or Liberals, let's agree that ALL PARTIES should keep that to themselves.

Let's support all people of all groups to FUND AND FOLLOW their OWN policies
similar to religious organizations. And even SUPPORT them in setting up means
of self government, such as health care cooperatives that only require 1500 members
in order to sustain and manage their OWN BENEFITS under TERMS THEY AGREE TO.

This would prevent the bullying mentality of trying to impose beliefs on everyone else.

Just SUPPORT party members and leaders to manage their own policies for their own groups.
Starting locally by precinct or district, then connecting statewide, and collectively nationally.

And this DOESN'T require mandating or legislating nationally for anyone else.
The parties already have enough numbers to manage their own finances and resources to be self-sustaining.

As the old saying goes:
Don't AGONIZE, ORGANIZE.

Just imagine the constant warring against each other if we dissolved our Union into 10,000 city-states.
I'll move to Sparta!

I don't know that I believe they DO think.

Forum List

Back