Do you consider this Child Sex Abuse?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Molly Shattuck: Former Ravens Cheerleader Sentenced to 48 Weekends in Jail for Child Sex Abuse

Shattuck on Friday was also ordered to pay the victim's family $10,650 and register as a sex offender.

She pleaded guilty to rape in June, saying she performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy in 2014.

Here's a pic of the offender.....
molly-shattuck.jpg

Apparently she has been convicted in a court of law and that is all that matters.

Apparently she has been convicted in a court of law and that is all that matters.

Do you agree with the court of law.
Or do you think your opinion on it does not matter?

It's interesting how our world has changed.

Women got married at 13 not that long ago ....

What are your thoughts on this?

Penetration however slight, is considered to be sexual activity (even if it's oral), and since she was over 18 and he wasn't then yeah..................it's sexual abuse of a minor (even if the minor liked it).

There is only one case that I can think of where I considered it to definitely not be a case of sexual abuse.

A few years back, there was an 18 year old high school senior who was dating a 16 year old sophmore (I think it was in Florida), and they had sex.

They tried to take the 18 year old to court, but the parents intervened and said that the 18 year old and the 16 year old had been dating for the past year or so..

That is the only case I can think of where someone over the age of 18 had sex with someone under the age of 18 and I didn't think it was abuse or pedophilia.

No. Hot chicks shouldn't be held to the same standard as ugly chicks. She should be rewarded a Nobel Prize, and he should be rewarded a Lifetime Achievement Award.

yeah, it is sex abuse

she got off lucky
For fuck's sake when this insanity will stop? The kid was happy to get a BJ from a mature woman. He was made happy. It is a fucking oxymoron to call something abuse what causes happiness. Now if she smacked his packer with a paddle or something causing pain then it would be abuse.

Molly Shattuck: Former Ravens Cheerleader Sentenced to 48 Weekends in Jail for Child Sex Abuse

Shattuck on Friday was also ordered to pay the victim's family $10,650 and register as a sex offender.

She pleaded guilty to rape in June, saying she performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy in 2014.

I would save the registered sex offender program for people with a real medical criminal illness.
If this was an indiscretion and bad judgment, and not a regular obsession or sexual addiction/abuse
this woman practices because she has uncontrollable impulses, I would say that is a different category of violation.

Although she may not be the chronic, terminal sick type requiring loss of liberty to be detained and supervised
for public safety,
It is still considered statutory rape in states where the age of consent is higher. So that is a violation regardless
if she is sick and preying on underage youth to take advantage,
or just broke the law one time because of a personal attraction in one specific instance
(look up Mary Kay Letourneau who married and has a family with the young man she broke the law with since he was underaged at the time they began their relations)

In fact, I even think cases of adults of consenting age can still constitute "relationship abuse" if people are coerced or
aren't fully able to defend their true will and are going along emotionally.Abuse is independent of age, but younger people are especially vulnerable to be coerced by social pressure because their minds aren't fully developed. Instead of the legal age being 18, many experts argue the adult brain is not fully developed and mature until 21-25.

If people want to change the standards, I would recommend deciding per community what the rules and process are for addressing sensitive personal issues like this. I would not recommend it for higher govt, but think this is best handled on a local level where the people affected by the policy decide and agree, so the enforcement comes from the people participating, and then the state can review their policies as valid and safe to make sure there are no conflicts skewing laws to try to abuse anyone.

If people disagree on marijuana laws and age of consent for that, or for abortions, or sex changes, the same thing -- I would recommend local policies such as how School Districts have their own ordinances, where the local community takes OWNERSHIP and agrees what the rules are. The compliance and enforcement would follow more readily
if people are directly involved in the democratic process. The state can still review policies for approval for public safety.

yeah, it is sex abuse

she got off lucky
For fuck's sake when this insanity will stop? The kid was happy to get a BJ from a mature woman. He was made happy. It is a fucking oxymoron to call something abuse what causes happiness. Now if she smacked his packer with a paddle or something causing pain then it would be abuse.

oh def you made me laugh out loud.. I'm supposed to be cooking dinner... you are going to get me in trouble!

yeah, it is sex abuse

she got off lucky

When the kid and family ask not to press charges that is a different matter.
I knew a girl in high school who got approval to marry at 15.
So if the family consents, as in marriage, that's not necessarily abuse.

HOWEVER, big disclaimer here, too many cults or creeps have ABUSED the
family/husband consent issue to justify forcing girls into sex and marriage.
So it is STILL safer to respect the age of consent, there is a REASON that law exists.

yeah, it is sex abuse

she got off lucky

Do you think it was sex abuse (morally, not legally) 60 years ago when adult men married 14 or 15 y/o girls?

I'd say if it was coerced or 'relationship abuse'
then even if they are legally married, it can still be taking advantage.

If the people are truly spiritual partners, then age would not matter,
but with the law, you'd still have to comply with local rules.

Just like littering on the sidewalk might not be a big deal in some cities,
but places like Singapore, watch out.

Link to where she was convicted of "child sex abuse".

More likely statutory rape and/or molestation.

It seems like it shouldn't be considered rape unless he was penetrated. Maybe sexual assault? Foolish of her. A teenage boy isn't going to keep quiet about that sort of thing.

Forum List

Back