Do you consider this Child Sex Abuse?

There are children who will be children at 25. Sex is so traumatic that they are damaged forever.

Then there are 15 year old boys that are so ready to go, Dad hires a hooker for them. This boy is going to masturbate to the memory long after he's married.

We're getting totally crazy over what we imagine is child sex abuse which is likely going to cause more psychological trauma than the act itself.

odd how so many of you are willing to let this go....he's a boy...she is pretty.....damn.....i wonder why kids are so fucked up now days.....look at yourselves for that answer....

hell yes it is child abuse...sexual child abuse.....anyone not seeing this is part of the damn problem..

yeah, it is sex abuse

she got off lucky

Do you think it was sex abuse (morally, not legally) 60 years ago when adult men married 14 or 15 y/o girls?
They still can with parents' consent.

So, it's Ok (moral, and then not abuse) if the PARENTS say it's OK?
What if the Parents just want to get their daughter off their backs?
To me, it's abuse or it's not. Either it always was, or it never was.
We can stop using the term abuse and say it's "rape". whichever, these things (morally) don't change over time.
Laws do, but not "right and wrong".......

odd how so many of you are willing to let this go....he's a boy...she is pretty.....damn.....i wonder why kids are so fucked up now days.....look at yourselves for that answer....

hell yes it is child abuse...sexual child abuse.....anyone not seeing this is part of the damn problem..

So, you believe that a 21 year old marrying at 14 year old 60 or 70 years ago, still child abuse.
Like I said in an earlier post, moral wrongs don't change. They are static.

Sorry about not providing a link. I never click on links others post so I don't provide them. I saw this on FB and just copied the text summary.
.... but my name isn't Bonzi on FB ;)

Molly Shattuck: Former Ravens Cheerleader Sentenced to 48 Weekends in Jail for Child Sex Abuse

Shattuck on Friday was also ordered to pay the victim's family $10,650 and register as a sex offender.

She pleaded guilty to rape in June, saying she performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy in 2014.
no, it's rape.

Just b/c she raped a boy, is not an excuse
Just b/c people claimed he like it, is not an excuse

rape is rape no matter who the victim or predator is.

she got off easy

It's interesting how our world has changed.

Women got married at 13 not that long ago ....

What are your thoughts on this?

And we din't know of the psychological damage years ago and an adult taking advantage of a child isn't like marriage

So, in retrospect, you DO consider it to be child abuse, correct?

Molly Shattuck: Former Ravens Cheerleader Sentenced to 48 Weekends in Jail for Child Sex Abuse

Shattuck on Friday was also ordered to pay the victim's family $10,650 and register as a sex offender.

She pleaded guilty to rape in June, saying she performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy in 2014.
no, it's rape.

she got off easy

I'm not sure it was forced (normally associated with rape) - any sexual activity with a minor is unlawful, no doubt. I am not arguing that.

What if HE instigated this? As the adult, it's still on her to say "no", understood. But I'll need to read more about this to see if she forced herself (doubtful) or coerced him into letter her do this to him.....

A crime? Yes
Rape and her being a predator... not sure....

no, it's rape.

she got off easy

I'm not sure it was forced (normally associated with rape) - any sexual activity with a minor is unlawful, no doubt. I am not arguing that.

What if HE instigated this? As the adult, it's still on her to say "no", understood. But I'll need to read more about this to see if she forced herself (doubtful) or coerced him into letter her do this to him.....

A crime? Yes
it's rape and she's a predator

there is no grey area, no excuse

no, it's rape.

she got off easy

A crime? Yes
it's rape and she's a predator

there is no grey area, no excuse

In your opinion, morally as well?
We already know the legal part....

God ordained Isaac to marry Rebekah and she was 14 years old.
I don't think God would ordain something that is "wrong" or "harmful" to someone.
Obviously, marriage and sex out of wedlock are separate issues, but honing in on the MATURITY aspect.... is MATURITY the argument here, or are you willing to say ANY adult/minor sex under ANY circumstance is wrong at all times.

Or are there exceptions (morally) in your mind?

I wish I was 15 again.....

Come on what kind of boys are being raised today? I had sex at 15.

This issue is about the other person being an adult.
Not sure if others have an issues if they would have been 2 15 year olds...........

I'm torn on this, because as a 15 year old boy, I wanted to have sex with my teacher, and I would not have considered that abuse.

But ... what does a 15 year old know?

If we're going to lock up adult men for having sex with 15 year olds (and many on here would root for that adult man to be violently raped in prison as some kind of "justice"), then it must be held as a crime if an adult women does it to a 15 year old boy.

It is a myth that 15 year old boys are less fragile than 15 year old girls!
Nonsense. Boys aren't girls with dicks. At least that's the way is WAS.

The boy has no legal right to consent, thus force is not an issue in this case. The onus is on the adult.

The boy has no legal right to consent, thus force is not an issue in this case. The onus is on the adult.

Not sure who you are addressing, but, *I* am not debating the legalities.
Morally, as a Christian, if they are not married, it's wrong.
Morally, as a non-Christian - does it matter?

Not sure who you are addressing, but, *I* am not debating the legalities.
Morally, as a Christian, if they are not married, it's wrong.
Morally, as a non-Christian - does it matter?
Sex between minors and adults always matter

Okay well I am going to admit to ignorance and laziness here.

Is the age at which you are no longer a minor considered to be 18? Or is that "state" determined thing (can be 15, 16 or 18..?)

That being said, what age do you, JakeStarkey feel you are no longer a minor ?

Forum List

Back