Do you consider this Child Sex Abuse?

People mature at different rates. There are 30 years olds that cannot handle a sexual relationship. By the time I was 16, I had been married twice and was three years into an on going affair. I was already working for two years. It would be ludicrous to suggest that an arbitrary line in a statute book would ever have stopped me from doing anything I wanted to do.

At 15, this boy is a young man. He was probably shaving already.

Okay...............let's reverse this for a min......................

What if the girl had been 15 and the man had been 25, and the girl had decided she REALLY wanted to give the man oral sex? Would that be considered sexual abuse of the girl?

Anyone who says that the case of this boy and woman isn't sexual abuse is simply daft.

It is sexual abuse only because there is a statute saying so. The motivations of the parties don't matter. The boy could have put a knife to her throat until she gave him oral sex. She would still have abused him.

It's interesting how our world has changed.

Women got married at 13 not that long ago ....

What are your thoughts on this?
My thoughts are this.

She is an adult, he was a minor....

It doesn't matter what other cultures do. In this country, what she did was illegal.

Molly Shattuck: Former Ravens Cheerleader Sentenced to 48 Weekends in Jail for Child Sex Abuse

Shattuck on Friday was also ordered to pay the victim's family $10,650 and register as a sex offender.

She pleaded guilty to rape in June, saying she performed oral sex on a 15-year-old boy in 2014.
She's into children, what's the part you have a problem with? :dunno:

What it really means is that our laws need to be tempered with a little bit of common sense lest they become meaningless blather.

ahh good christians and conservatives approving of child abuse under certain circumtance....rationalization and justification are your friends

ahh good christians and conservatives approving of child abuse under certain circumtance....rationalization and justification are your friends
It's child abuse because there is a statute that says so. It has nothing to do with morality. If the statute has said the age of consent was 14 instead of 16, the boy is 15. Would oral sex be okay because the boy is now an adult? Nothing else has changed. Morality is not altered by laws. It either is or it isn't.

Yes. It is illegal and there is nothing that the child can possibly gain from such a relationship. Some of the time these older women DO have nefarious goals too. Like the ones who try to talk these boys into killing their husbands, or they are just sadists or something. In more cases than not, a child can be totally used, abused and taken advantage of in such a situation. They could easily think they are "in love" with this older and more experienced woman. Besides, any grown woman that is interested in a child is a sicko anyways in my book.

Yes. It is illegal and there is nothing that the child can possibly gain from such a relationship. Some of the time these older women DO have nefarious goals too. Like the ones who try to talk these boys into killing their husbands, or they are just sadists or something. In more cases than not, a child can be totally used, abused and taken advantage of in such a situation. They could easily think they are "in love" with this older and more experienced woman. Besides, any grown woman that is interested in a child is a sicko anyways in my book.
Some women convince adult men to kill their husbands too. That's a separate crime. If the statute had the age of consent at 14. The boy is 15. Would the cheerleader still be a sicko for having oral sex with a 15 year old statutory adult?

Some women convince adult men to kill their husbands too. That's a separate crime. If the statute had the age of consent at 14. The boy is 15. Would the cheerleader still be a sicko for having oral sex with a 15 year old statutory adult?

Does not matter. Children will be more susceptible to abuse than adults. THAT is why we have laws to protect them from predatory adults.

Does not matter. Children will be more susceptible to abuse than adults. THAT is why we have laws to protect them from predatory adults.

True. But laws need to be tempered with a little bit of common sense. Not every child is susceptible to predation by an adult. I cannot imagine anyone telling me what to do as a teen. The suggestion that I would be susceptible to any ideas not my own are simply laughable. I cannot believe I'm the only one. Nor can I believe that a hormone driven 15 year old young man was taken advantage of by this cheerleader.

Besides that, it is not normal for a grown woman to be interested in a 15-year-old child. It usually means you have some serious unresolved issues that need attention.
What does the boy look like? That will tell you.

True. But laws need to be tempered with a little bit of common sense. Not every child is susceptible to predation by an adult. I cannot imagine anyone telling me what to do as a teen. The suggestion that I would be susceptible to any ideas not my own are simply laughable. I cannot believe I'm the only one. Nor can I believe that a hormone driven 15 year old young man was taken advantage of by this cheerleader.

Of course they are being taken advantage of. The simple fact, as you noted above, that they are "hormonally driven." What kind of person is what you should ask yourself . . . An EXTREMELY selfish one at the very least, if not outright sick one, IMO.

Besides that, it is not normal for a grown woman to be interested in a 15-year-old child. It usually means you have some serious unresolved issues that need attention.
What does the boy look like? That will tell you.

That is irrelevant. Just because a person is good looking is no excuse at all. That is a very sorry excuse indeed. If you tried to use it in court to save your ass, you would be laughed out of the courtroom and slapped into handcuffs guaranteed.

Forum List

Back