Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sanctuary New York.........releases criminals who are illegal aliens

3-month review shows how New York City's failure to honor immigration detainers leads to hundreds of dangerous criminals released

“In just three months, more than three dozen criminal aliens were released from local custody. Simply put, the politics and rhetoric in this city are putting its own communities at an unnecessary risk,” said Scott Mechowski, acting field office director for the ERO New York. “ICE has no choice but to continue to conduct at-large arrests in local neighborhoods and at worksites, wasting valuable resources on criminal aliens who could be securely turned over to ICE custody at jails and prisons. However, ICE remains committed to its public safety mission and will continue to enforce our nation’s immigration laws.”

Below are some examples of individuals arrested and released who reoffended within the three-month period:

• A 43-year old man from China was released in March after being arrested for Criminal Possession Controlled Substance-7th, then re-arrested for Criminal Possession Controlled Substance-5th (Felony) in April. His criminal history also includes a conviction for Criminal Contempt.
  • A 28-year old man from Azerbaijan was released in February after being returned on a warrant for a Criminal Trespass-3rd arrest from June 2017, then re-arrested in April for Grand Larceny-4th: Credit Card. His criminal history also includes convictions for Assault-3rd, Disorderly Conduct, and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle-1st.
  • A 20-year old from Guatemala arrested for a felony count Assault 2nd Degree: Injure Victim 65 or older and released in January, arrested in February for Felony Grand Larceny, and arrested again in March for Resisting Arrest.
  • A 28-year old Salvadoran man arrested for Assault in March was released, then again arrested for Robbery in April.
  • A 29-year old man from Burkina Faso was released in January after being arrested for Criminal Contempt, then re-arrested again in April for Criminal Contempt.
ICE has not been notified about the release of aliens in custody at New York City facilities since 2014, except for those that fall within the 170 crimes considered egregious by the Mayor’s Office.

ICE arrests 225 during Operation Keep Safe in New York

"ICE continues to face significant obstacles with policies created by local officials which hinder cooperation between ICE and local law enforcement. Yet, with the tireless efforts of the men and women of ICE, this operation was a great success," said Thomas R. Decker, field office director for ERO New York. "The fact is that a so-called "sanctuary city" does not only provide refuge to those who are here against immigration law, but also provides protections for criminal aliens who prey on the people in their own communities by committing crimes at all levels. ICE is committed to enforcing the immigration laws set forth by Congress with integrity, despite the push-back and rhetoric within the city they serve."

Arrests include:

• In East Elmhurst, a 56 year-old Haitian national, who has convictions of Manslaughter 2nd Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, and Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree, and sentenced to 4-12 years in prison;
  • In Brentwood, a 35 year-old, Guatemalan national, previously removed from the U.S. on five separate occasions, who has convictions of DWI, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor vehicle, and Illegal Reentry after Removal;
  • In Brooklyn, a 39 year-old Jamaican national, and registered sexual offender, who has convictions ofCriminal Possession of a Loaded Firearm 3rd degree (2 counts), and Attempted Rape 1st degree. The victim, a child under the age of 13;
  • In Manhattan, a 38 year-old Romanian national, and lifetime registered sexual offender, who has convictions of Possessing Sexual Performance by a Child, and sentenced to 10 years of probation supervision;
  • In Manhattan, a 36 year-old Dominican national, wanted in his home country for charges of Homicide, Administrative Corruption, and Accepting Bribes;
  • In Brooklyn, a 39 year-old Ghanaian national, and registered sexual offender, who has convictions of Sexual Abuse 3rd degree and Attempted Forcible Touching in 2012 , and again of Sexual Abuse 3rd degree and Attempted Forcible Touching in 2017;
  • In Brooklyn, a 31 year-old Mexican national, who has convictions of Rape 2nd (Intercourse with person less than 15 years old), and Tampering with Witness;
  • In Hempstead, a 40 year-old previously removed Salvadoran national, who has convictions of Assault,Burglary of a Vehicle, Attempted Forcible Touching, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, Driving Without a License, DUI, Failure to Identify as a Fugitive from Justice, and Sexual Abuse;
  • In the Bronx, a 58 year-old, twice removed Trinidadian national, released from NYPD custody with an active detainer, who has convictions of Conspiracy to Produce Identification Documents, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, Forgery, Fraud, Interstate Transportation of Stolen Property, and Possession of Stolen Property, and False Statement on a U.S. Passport Application;
  • In Jamaica, a 57 year-old Jamaican national, who has convictions of Sexual Abuse 1st degree: Contact w/ person Less than 14 Years Old;
  • In Manhattan, a 38 year-old previously removed Dominican national, released from NYPD custody with an active detainer, who has convictions of Attempted Criminal Possession of Weapon, Criminal Possession Controlled Substance, Identity Theft, and Grand Larceny, and Stalking;
  • In the Bronx, a 33 year-old Dominican national, who has convictions of Criminal Possession of a Weapon - Loaded Firearm, Robbery 1st degree, Forcible Theft with a Deadly Weapon (2 counts), for which he was sentenced to 6 years in prison and 5 years of parole supervision;
  • In Brooklyn, a 32 year-old Ecuadorian national, and registered sexual offender, who has convictions of Rape 2nd degree, who was sentenced to 4 years in prison victim, a child under the age of 13;

ICE arrests 162 in Los Angeles-area operation targeting criminal aliens, illegal re-entrants and immigration fugitives

LOS ANGELES – A Mexican national convicted of rape and a citizen of El Salvador convicted of Voluntary Manslaughter are among the 162 aliens taken into custody earlier this week during a three-day enforcement operation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) targeting at-large criminal aliens, illegal re-entrants and immigration fugitives, and aliens released back in to the community after detainers filed by ICE with local law enforcement officials were ignored.

This operation targeted public safety threats, such as convicted criminal aliens and gang members, and individuals who have violated the immigration laws of the United States – including those who re-entered the country after being deported and immigration fugitives ordered deported by federal immigration judges.

Of those arrested in Los Angeles and surrounding areas from Sunday through Tuesday, almost 90 percent had criminal convictions. In 53 of the cases, ICE had filed detainers with local law enforcement officials notifying them of the agency’s intent to assume custody of these aliens once they were no longer subject to local detention.

images

“This operation continues ICE’s work to ensure that the United States does not serve as a safe haven for those who commit human rights violations in their countries of origin,” said Thomas D. Homan, Deputy Director of ICE. “We will continue to pursue these individuals as priorities for enforcement— using our agency’s unique authorities to investigate criminal activity and to enforce immigration laws.”

Those arrested across the country included:

• Four Chinese individuals—some of whom were hospital employees—who assisted in or directly conducted forced abortions and sterilizations upon victims in China;
  • A former intelligence officer who surveilled and arrested dozens of targets subsequently tortured in Central America;
  • A soldier in Central America who guided the military to a specific village for the purpose of killing its residents;
  • A ranking intelligence officer from the Middle East whose surveillance information led to the arrest, torture, and murder of those his unit targeted;
  • A group leader in East Africa who used violence to force victims into Female Genital Mutilation.
  • ICE arrests 33 with history of human rights violation

Examples of LEFTIST SANCTUARY POLICIES....................

Let CHILD RAPIST GO..............With DETAINERS from ICE requesting custody from local law enforcement officials..........But in Sanctuary Cities they turn them loose............and do not notify ICE AS A MATTER OF POLICY.................which includes CHILD RAPIST..............

And here they are being all high and mighty about how they want to protect children............PFFT..........

Not sure about the littering thing, but you could always take a trip down to Mexico and see how well they take care of their country. Better bring a passport though, otherwise they'll toss your rear in jail.

Oh yeah, all of America is so pristine. We're actually equating litter with race now.

Which part of "not sure about the littering thing" is too difficult for you to understand...dumbass.

I have been to Mexico. Didn't seem that much cleaner or dirtier than parts of Houston or Phoenix for that matter.

You mean that part of Phoenix, near Gilbert, that's overrun with illegals?

There are slums all around Houston and Phoenix. Litter knows no ethnicity.

Its sad that conservatives are trying to draw some line between the two.

Almost as sad as liberals not able to see the impact illegals have on most cities.

Almost as sad as liberals not able to see the impact illegals have on most cities
Yes, I'm sure your team of researchers has given you a detailed report on this...

Give me a break, you fraud. Now, go on, do that thing you do when you pull something right out of your ass, get called on it, them Google for agreeable headlines and post links to articles you never read.

Almost as sad as liberals not able to see the impact illegals have on most cities
Yes, I'm sure your team of researchers has given you a detailed report on this...

Give me a break, you fraud. Now, go on, do that thing you do when you pull something right out of your ass, get called on it, them Google for agreeable headlines and post links to articles you never read.
....dumbass.

....dumbass.
Haha, thanks for always making me feel.smart, Cletus.

....dumbass.
Haha, thanks for always making me feel.smart, Cletus.
No problem, you need all the help you can get.

Oh yeah, all of America is so pristine. We're actually equating litter with race now.

Which part of "not sure about the littering thing" is too difficult for you to understand...dumbass.

I have been to Mexico. Didn't seem that much cleaner or dirtier than parts of Houston or Phoenix for that matter.

Almost as sad as liberals not able to see the impact illegals have on most cities.

pfft…

Okay, pick a large city in the US that doesn’t have any illegals; I bet I can find litter on the streets.

I can’t believe you guys are doubling down on the litter angle but, here we are. Your xenophobia is reaching new heights.

pfft…

Okay, pick a large city in the US that doesn’t have any illegals; I bet I can find litter on the streets.

I can’t believe you guys are doubling down on the litter angle but, here we are. Your xenophobia is reaching new heights.

Once again, which part of "not sure about the littering thing" is too difficult for you to understand? As far a picking a large city in the US that doesn't have any illegals, that's a tough one, they're like fricken cockroaches.

pfft…

Once again, which part of "not sure about the littering thing" is too difficult for you to understand? As far a picking a large city in the US that doesn't have any illegals, that's a tough one, they're like fricken cockroaches.

You guys are the ones drawing a line between litter and nationality. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

pfft…

You guys are the ones drawing a line between litter and nationality. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

Did I not state "I'm not sure about the littering thing"? 2-3 times even. WTF, do all liberals have a knee jerk reaction before reading anything completely?

pfft…

Did I not state "I'm not sure about the littering thing"? 2-3 times even. WTF, do all liberals have a knee jerk reaction before reading anything completely?

The entire answer reeks of bullshit which is not surprising coming from a Trumpian whose messiah is the greatest bullshitter in recent memory.

So you state that when it comes to litter being tied to someone's nationality....you are "not sure" if there is a connection. It not even the insanity of such a stance that is noteworthy...it's the sheer sadness of my fellow countrymen even entertaining such a bizarre, idiotic point of view.

No
People who engage in repeated actions of illegality are the ones needing to change and not law enforcers nor law abiders

pfft…

The entire answer reeks of bullshit which is not surprising coming from a Trumpian whose messiah is the greatest bullshitter in recent memory.

So you state that when it comes to litter being tied to someone's nationality....you are "not sure" if there is a connection. It not even the insanity of such a stance that is noteworthy...it's the sheer sadness of my fellow countrymen even entertaining such a bizarre, idiotic point of view.

Sigh...you're just a dumbass.

Forum List

Back