Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes... yes... the famous rapefugees card.

How many of those people are actually refugees? I bet the overwhelming minority. Having a shitty country does unfortunately not qualify one for the refugee status. They should just live with what they have created, and not try to spread the crap elsewhere.
Again the Europeans for three hundred years dumped their problems on North, South and Central America and they killed to take that which was not theirs and you bitch about the poor people who come here now..
then have your congress critters and president change the law.... but the law now, states they can seek refugee status.
I know and it was both the Dems and Republicans that passed the laws to allow it, but now we have the people with hard hearts act like it was only one side that feels compassion.

You're so full of shit. We want legal immigration, not illegal immigration, ass wipe. You're seriously as stupid as you write, aren't you?
you don't want illegal OR LEGAL immigration from Mexico....you are all for cutting quotas for legal immigration...

Ah, another race baiter. Go fuck yourself, lying bitch

then have your congress critters and president change the law.... but the law now, states they can seek refugee status.
I know and it was both the Dems and Republicans that passed the laws to allow it, but now we have the people with hard hearts act like it was only one side that feels compassion.

You're so full of shit. We want legal immigration, not illegal immigration, ass wipe. You're seriously as stupid as you write, aren't you?
Gfy.

You're a liar, we don't oppose immigration. The difference between us is that you want rapists, murderers and drug dealers to come with them as well as millions who take the jobs from our own poor and millions more who can't support themselves and go on welfare. Then you call yourself a humanitarian. So take your own idea and really ream it

Successful decent white Europeans are welcome.

Rapefugees... pass on that.

Is that supposed to be funny?

Again the Europeans for three hundred years dumped their problems on North, South and Central America and they killed to take that which was not theirs and you bitch about the poor people who come here now..

Gfy.

You're a liar, we don't oppose immigration. The difference between us is that you want rapists, murderers and drug dealers to come with them as well as millions who take the jobs from our own poor and millions more who can't support themselves and go on welfare. Then you call yourself a humanitarian. So take your own idea and really ream it
Gfy

you don't want illegal OR LEGAL immigration from Mexico....you are all for cutting quotas for legal immigration...

I don't race bait...never have, never will.

a real shame you think everyone is out to get you for something racist....

I don't like it. I think it's inhumane and unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. If one of the immigrant parents has committed a serious crime, then, yes, segregate him or her from their kids. Otherwise, we need to keep parents and kids together if the parents' only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

And that's how you end up with 20 million illegal immigrants.

To be clear, I'd be fine with open borders in the absence of wealth redistribution, but that's not reality. When citizens are forced to pay for their schooling, food, and hospital visits/healthcare, immigration matters.

In that light, it seems to me we have a few choices:
  1. Stop anyone from crossing illegally in the first place. Requires a wall or snipers every 1000 yards or so.
  2. Process anyone caught crossing illegally. Now, unless you think their children should join them in jail prior to a hearing, we have to house those children, which is what we're doing now.
Releasing these folks on the promise they'll show up for a court hearing clearly is not working.

Me, I'm for ending the welfare state, after which no one will care about who comes to pick strawberries. What's your solution?

Gfy.

Gfy

If you had a nickle for every time you did that ...

Gfy.

Nope, it's the plan for much better immigration policy that should be put on place starting now.

Why should we take in shitty people, when plenty of great people are lining up to get into this great country?

I don't race bait...never have, never will.

a real shame you think everyone is out to get you for something racist....

You just said I oppose legal immigration from MEXICO too, you lying bitch. Go fuck yourself, race baiter.

I want people to come here who can support themselves, aren't criminals and aren't health risks. Same standard as I have for any white country. That isn't racist, ass.

Retarded leftists can't make an argument, so you constantly pull out that racism crap. You do that because you're a bad person. Same reason you want to let drug dealers, rapists and murderers come here. Same reason you want illegal aliens to take the jobs from poor people. It's your pure selfishness wanting government handouts.

Come one, come all is your motto, As long as they vote Democrat!

I don't like it. I think it's inhumane and unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. If one of the immigrant parents has committed a serious crime, then, yes, segregate him or her from their kids. Otherwise, we need to keep parents and kids together if the parents' only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

To be clear, I'd be fine with open borders in the absence of wealth redistribution, but that's not reality. When citizens are forced to pay for their schooling, food, and hospital visits/healthcare, immigration matters.

1. Stop anyone from crossing illegally in the first place. Requires a wall or snipers every 1000 yards or so.
  2. Process anyone caught crossing illegally. Now, unless you think their children should join them in jail prior to a hearing, we have to house those children, which is what we're doing now.
Releasing these folks on the promise they'll show up for a court hearing clearly is not working.

Me, I'm for ending the welfare state, after which no one will care about who comes to pick strawberries. What's your solution?
Put any business or individual caught hiring them out of the country to a status of exile.

Put any business or individual caught hiring them out of the country to a status of exile.

Those businesses would then need a way to know who is and who is not a citizen. Short of requiring citizens to carry papers, which I assume you'd stand against, we have e-verify.

E-verify does not solve the problem:

E-Verify Does Little to Halt Illegal Immigration

simply put ankle bracelets on them, until their refugee status is denied and they have gone through the courts with their misdemeanor charge, and are deported.

we are in the age of technology, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than the separation and basically, imprisoning the whole family in all different locations.... even little siblings are not 'stored' together if a son and daughter

Gfy.

Nope, it's the plan for much better immigration policy that should be put on place starting now.

Why should we take in shitty people, when plenty of great people are lining up to get into this great country?

There are a lot more successful people in the world than white Europeans

I vote NO. It's the law. Try getting into any other country in the world without papers and see what happens.
every civilized country in the world, has a refugee program which allows refugees to seek asylum.

that is not illegal.

and this is who you are imprisoning and separating children from parents on.

If these people do not qualify for refugee status, after going through the review, then they are charged with a Misdemeanor and deported.

Vote

I don't and I fail to see ANY problem.

When an American citizen is arrested for a crime, say a single parent...they do not send their minor children to the prison with the parent......If they arrest both parents for a crime, they also do not send the children to the jail with the parents.......So why in the F**K is it a problem if we do the same for criminal, illegal aliens who break the law?

I vote NO. It's the law. Try getting into any other country in the world without papers and see what happens.
every civilized country in the world, has a refugee program which allows refugees to seek asylum.

that is not illegal.

and this is who you are imprisoning and separating children from parents on.

If these people do not qualify for refugee status, after going through the review, then they are charged with a Misdemeanor.

And these same criminals get that same process, and their children are put in foster care until their cases are resolved....

What is the mental breakdown that keeps people like you from understanding this issue?

YES....when it is simply for a MISDEMEANOR charge, if they do not qualify for REFUGEE status after it has been reviewed.

They should not be treated like they are being charged with a felony. like the people trying to cross the border illegally a second time, AFTER their first time and their refugee status was DENIED and they were shipped back home once before.

91% of these separations f parents from their children are for people who may be charged with a MISDEMEANOR,only 9% with a felony...

for goodness sake! We don't take children from their parents for an alleged misdemeanor charge....that's is NOT JUSTICE.

And that is not how the laws were written, Congress gave mercy for first time crossers seeking refugee status by making the illegal crossing for them a misdemeanor, and then came down hard with a felony for second time crossers who had already been given leniency/mercy and a chance to see if they did qualify for Refugee Asylum....

What Sessions is doing, is making the first time crosser and misdemeanor charge, EQUAL TO the felony charge, when Congress clearly separated the two circumstances.... sessions is DEFYING the law and the spirit of the law.

The parents shouldnt be engaging in illegal activities. Perhaps, the parents should consider how they put their children at risk before they endeavor in this illegal activity.
Hello?

they are seeking refugee status. If they do qualify, it is NOT a crime at all.

And if it is a crime, it is a misdemeanor....a misdemeanor!!! For goodness sake....NOT A FELONY.... and it used to be simply a "civil offense" like a parking ticket....

And NO, people coming here from Honduras or ElSalvador seeking refugee asylum status should NOT be separated from their kids... they are not even charged with the misdemeanor, until they have been denied the Refugee status, if they do qualify for refugee status, there is no charge at all. The kids should not be taken from their parents under those circumstances...PERIOD.

No, they shouldn't be trying to come in illegally, refugee, illegal, whatever you want to call them.
What is yer family's excuse then?

One defended the alamo. Another one came in bootlegging ale.

Forum List

Back