Do you know why atheists are generally miserable?

People of faith are, on average, happier, commit murder and suicide less, far more likely to get married, which is much healthier than remaining single. They also give more not only to churches but also to secular organizations, to friends and family, more blood to blood banks and more time volunteering and helping out.

Calling me names and proclaiming how supremely intelligent you are personally will avail you nothing. But I realize, it's all you have.
Link?

All one needs to do is visit a local grocery now. The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic. They simply pray to GOD for guidance and protection and go about their business without getting all haired out...

All one needs to do is visit a local grocery now. The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic. They simply pray to GOD for guidance and protection and go about their business without getting all haired out...

I think that is must be very helpful that the "Christains" wear signs on their backs where you live, so that you can decide who is a non-panicing Christain, and who is not.

I think that is must be very helpful that the "Christains" wear signs on their backs where you live, so that you can decide who is a non-panicing Christain, and who is not.
You can start by simply asking any individual if he or she misses attending live church services...

Have you asked the people who are panic buying toilet paper if they are Christian?

Have you asked the people who are panic buying toilet paper if they are Christian?
Actually, I find it the perfect opportunity to witness to them that GOD is still in control and suggest reading the book of REVELATION, and we are not victims of some cosmic accident as atheists must presume. I find that all those I've talked to do admit that we seem to be heading toward some climatic event the way things are happening closer and closer together and more and more people are involved at the same time...

Actually, I find it the perfect opportunity to witness to them that GOD is still in control and suggest reading the book of REVELATION, and we are not victims of some cosmic accident as atheists must presume. I find that all those I've talked to do admit that we seem to be heading toward some climatic event the way things are happening closer and closer together and more and more people are involved at the same time...

Revelations? Ok, I get it. You are insane.

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.
Could it be the same reason you only see threads and posts from atheists attacking only Christians and Christianity at USMB?
Well that got me curious- so I went to the religion section- and the only thread I could find in the first entire page of threads by an atheist attacking religion- attacked both Christianity and Islam.
Meanwhile there were at least 3 threads by Christians attacking atheists.

What threads are you talking about? Certainly no recent ones.

The only thing I miss from not believing in your fairy tales
Please, as a lover of fairy tales (the real kind) try not to confuse them with other types of stories.

I hate to break the news to you sweetie but any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time", and then introduces a talking serpent is a fairy tale.

Whether an atheist or a believer, if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Stop reading it literally and maybe you will find the wisdom in the account.

Oh I can find lots of wisdom in the Bible- and in other holy books.

But there is a brand of Christian which insists that everything in the Bible is literal.

They also tend to be creationists and also tend to attack atheists.

witness to them that GOD is still in control
are you saying the virus is selective and avoiding christians ... its fake media then that has Italy at the forefront of the pandemic.

You appear to be suggesting that your earlier statement: “The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic...”, was false.

Otherwise, why not leave people alone when they are out shopping and might prefer to limit their time in crowded places.

Why the need to promote fear and dread when people might be out of work and concerned primarily with providing for their families? It’s exploitative to prey upon people when they’re stressed and concerned with health issues,

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.
Could it be the same reason you only see threads and posts from atheists attacking only Christians and Christianity at USMB?
Well that got me curious- so I went to the religion section- and the only thread I could find in the first entire page of threads by an atheist attacking religion- attacked both Christianity and Islam.
Meanwhile there were at least 3 threads by Christians attacking atheists.

What threads are you talking about? Certainly no recent ones.
I wasn’t talking about any specific thread. I asked a question. ;)

The only thing I miss from not believing in your fairy tales
Please, as a lover of fairy tales (the real kind) try not to confuse them with other types of stories.

I hate to break the news to you sweetie but any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time", and then introduces a talking serpent is a fairy tale.

Whether an atheist or a believer, if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Stop reading it literally and maybe you will find the wisdom in the account.

Oh I can find lots of wisdom in the Bible- and in other holy books.

But there is a brand of Christian which insists that everything in the Bible is literal.

They also tend to be creationists and also tend to attack atheists.
Good thing, I’m not one of those.

Of course my point still stands. Why would you read it literally at all?

And you are sane?

You appear to be suggesting that your earlier statement: “The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic...”, was false.

Otherwise, why not leave people alone when they are out shopping and might prefer to limit their time in crowded places.

Why the need to promote fear and dread when people might be out of work and concerned primarily with providing for their families? It’s exploitative to prey upon people when they’re stressed and concerned with health issues,
Don't get me wrong, Christians are concerned but they are not without hope, and I do believe that they often try to share that hope with those they come into contact with. Panic comes from desperation and a feeling of losing control. I really feel sorry for people like yourself. You must depend either entirely on your own wits or that the government will somehow solve your problems.
I fully realized that no matter how I answered your original questions that you'd have something curt to say. You need to in order to project a sophisticated superiority. How do you feel about abortion? Do you think that the abortion mills are exploitative because they prey upon people when they are stressed and concerned with pregnancy issues, or does exploitation only originate with Christians?

And you are sane?
Yes. I passed the test by reading Revelations, and determined that it is a book of utter nonsense, probably written by someone who had lost his mind.

And you are sane?
Yes. I passed the test by reading Revelations, and determined that it is a book of utter nonsense, probably written by someone who had lost his mind.
Reading is not studying, and logic tells me that you read without contemplation or seeking GOD for understanding. Who are the four horsemen? What may the 8 churches represent beside the churches of that day? Does the new earth physically reflect what our earth may have looked like before the Fall of Adam, or perhaps even Noah's Deluge? Perhaps you may wish to set aside playing computer games for a while and seek that which will have eternal ramifications for you.

And you are sane?
Reading is not studying, and logic tells me that you read without contemplation or seeking GOD for understanding. Who are the four horsemen? What may the 8 churches represent beside the churches of that day? Does the new earth physically reflect what our earth may have looked like before the Fall of Adam, or perhaps even Noah's Deluge? Perhaps you may wish to set aside playing computer games for a while and seek that which will have eternal ramifications for you.

Not interested in 2,000 year old nonsense.

And you are sane?

But today's nonsense is okay by you? You must really hate evolution with its pretense of millions and billions of years...

And you are sane?

But today's nonsense is okay by you? You must really hate evolution with its pretense of millions and billions of years...

I understand that there is a sizable minority of people in the US who are ignorant of, and reject, science. Since high school could not teach them, I am in no position to erase their ignorance and their unshakeable belief in superstitions. So, when you look up into the sky, and see that the moon has been swallowed by a dragon during a total eclipse, or that the arrival of a comet was sent by god as a message, I'm fine with that.

Forum List

Back