🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you see virtually how a person really is in reality?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, could you answer the question of the title of my thread, I can for some members but for others it's more difficult and nothing is sure.
Have you already meet someone you had to talk with virtually ?
Me no.

Yes. I have met people in real life that I met on the 'net.

Most of them weren't much of a surprise, because we would talk about anything when we were in chat rooms and their views in the chat room were pretty much the same in real life.

And, because I'm more interested in how a person thinks than how they look, I never pictured them in my mind, so when I met them, what they looked like was who they were.

Most of them weren't much of a surprise, because we would talk about anything when we were in chat rooms and their views in the chat room were pretty much the same in real life.

And, because I'm more interested in how a person thinks than how they look, I never pictured them in my mind, so when I met them, what they looked like was who they were.
There was no surprise for you but it is also a picture of a person we can imagine that this is the virtual, I did not like at first but I got used to

There was no surprise for you but it is also a picture of a person we can imagine that this is the virtual, I did not like at first but I got used to

I don't really trust photos someone on the internet sends you. Granted, while it MAY actually be the person, it may not be current.

The quickest way for your expectations to fail is to form them. If you don't have any expectations, you'll rarely be disappointed, and quite often you may be pleased.

I don't really trust photos someone on the internet sends you. Granted, while it MAY actually be the person, it may not be current.

The quickest way for your expectations to fail is to form them. If you don't have any expectations, you'll rarely be disappointed, and quite often you may be pleased.
Yes, if the photo date of what year or two is not serious, I think but you must also beware on the net I think it must be careful in any case me I'm cautious.
I do not really like posting personnal thing or anything about me but that's my choice, people post pictures of their house, etc. on Facebook they have no problem with that me yes

Yes, if the photo date of what year or two is not serious, I think but you must also beware on the net I think it must be careful in any case me I'm cautious.
I do not really like posting personnal thing or anything about me but that's my choice, people post pictures of their house, etc. on Facebook they have no problem with that me yes

Yeah, on occasion, you gotta be really careful.

I remember when I was stationed in Newport RI in the mid 90's, they had a dating paper where you could call a number, enter in the post box number of the person you wanted, and you left them a message. Well, one evening I got a call, and we started talking. She asked if I wanted to meet, and I said yes, so she gave me directions to her house. Then, she asked me if I could bring some ice cream because it was her birthday, and I thought, yeah, what the hell, why not?

She then repeated it was her birthday and asked if I would also bring a cake. I told her that we haven't even met yet, and she's already having me bring her groceries. I told her I'd bring ice cream but that was it.

Got to her house, and she was one of the more unattractive members of the female species that I've seen over the years. Kinda chunky, HUGE breasts, okay complexion and greasy hair. She then took me down to the basement (yeah, I know, starting to sound like a horror film beginning), because that is the place she lived at.

Well, we talked for a bit, had some ice cream, and then she asked if I wanted a back rub. Well...............ANYONE offers me a backrub, I take it. You never know, they may be talented at it. I told her sure, and laid down on the floor stomach down. She sat on my butt and started to give me a half decent backrub. 5 min later, she said "my turn", and when I rolled over, she was topless and grinning.

I then checked my watch, said oh shit, I gotta go meet up with my supervisor, and took off like a scalded cat and never returned. I always told the people I was dating that I was active duty Navy, and on occasion, I would be called to work after hours. Reason I told them that at the beginning? In case I had a situation like the one I just described.

Yep, you gotta be kinda cautious around situations like meeting someone via the personals or the internet.

Hello, could you answer the question of the title of my thread, I can for some members but for others it's more difficult and nothing is sure.
Me no.
I do not know that I have not met anyone in real life that I follow or converse with here on USMB. There are but a few friends of mine that know my username here...and to my knowledge, they are not members here. I have asked some to join in the fray, but do not know if any of them have done so.

On another political website, I did make cyber friends with a relatively young couple and their son. They sent me a business mailing address and I sent them several dozen of the best hot tamales I've ever eaten....made by a now deceased friend of mine. I never did meet them or know their home address. However, we shared many political views and embraced similar moral and ethical standards....and a love of great hot tamales.

There are several members of USMB that I would like to meet in real life, but I don't pursue meetings with them. Anonymity has its merits. I would love to have met Gunny from the days of old. I would love to meet cereal_killer.

You are wise to be cautious regarding your personal information. Photos of yourself are generally not harmful unless there is something in the background that gives away your home location or your work place or your car tag.

Like ABS above, looks mean a lot less than what's inside the heart and mind of a person. As I have come to know through the years, you show me a drop-dead beautiful woman and I'll likely be able to show you a man who is tired of putting up with her.

I remember when I was stationed in Newport RI in the mid 90's, they had a dating paper where you could call a number, enter in the post box number of the person you wanted, and you left them a message. Well, one evening I got a call, and we started talking. She asked if I wanted to meet, and I said yes, so she gave me directions to her house. Then, she asked me if I could bring some ice cream because it was her birthday, and I thought, yeah, what the hell, why not?

She then repeated it was her birthday and asked if I would also bring a cake. I told her that we haven't even met yet, and she's already having me bring her groceries. I told her I'd bring ice cream but that was it.

Got to her house, and she was one of the more unattractive members of the female species that I've seen over the years. Kinda chunky, HUGE breasts, okay complexion and greasy hair. She then took me down to the basement (yeah, I know, starting to sound like a horror film beginning), because that is the place she lived at.

Well, we talked for a bit, had some ice cream, and then she asked if I wanted a back rub. Well...............ANYONE offers me a backrub, I take it. You never know, they may be talented at it. I told her sure, and laid down on the floor stomach down. She sat on my butt and started to give me a half decent backrub. 5 min later, she said "my turn", and when I rolled over, she was topless and grinning.

I then checked my watch, said oh shit, I gotta go meet up with my supervisor, and took off like a scalded cat and never returned. I always told the people I was dating that I was active duty Navy, and on occasion, I would be called to work after hours. Reason I told them that at the beginning? In case I had a situation like the one I just described.

Yep, you gotta be kinda cautious around situations like meeting someone via the personals or the internet.

Your eventful meeting was not on the net but similar you are a man too you are told bof that can it happen to me in the end?
But you are not safe from being robbed

Me no.
I do not know that I have not met anyone in real life that I follow or converse with here on USMB. There are but a few friends of mine that know my username here...and to my knowledge, they are not members here. I have asked some to join in the fray, but do not know if any of them have done so.

On another political website, I did make cyber friends with a relatively young couple and their son. They sent me a business mailing address and I sent them several dozen of the best hot tamales I've ever eaten....made by a now deceased friend of mine. I never did meet them or know their home address. However, we shared many political views and embraced similar moral and ethical standards....and a love of great hot tamales.

There are several members of USMB that I would like to meet in real life, but I don't pursue meetings with them. Anonymity has its merits. I would love to have met Gunny from the days of old. I would love to meet cereal_killer.

You are wise to be cautious regarding your personal information. Photos of yourself are generally not harmful unless there is something in the background that gives away your home location or your work place or your car tag.

Like ABS above, looks mean a lot less than what's inside the heart and mind of a person. As I have come to know through the years, you show me a drop-dead beautiful woman and I'll likely be able to show you a man who is tired of putting up with her.

Thank you for your respond:), I also like cereal_killer he immediately accepted me to the forum and he made me laugh, he does not come to the forum anymore ?
I almost met someone virtually
Me in the past I had a forum on the history of France and a member wanted to meet me, he seemed very nice, I had chat with him for a long time but hey, I did not have the courage to meet him even as a friend, I do not know exactly why. I spoke to him on the phone and it made me feel strange to cross the threshold of the virtual it was in my beginnings of the virtual for me back then

Me no.

Well I married one, so yeah I can speak to that.
As well as at another large forum years ago I met several people in RL that were there.
And I can say for sure that who a person is online can be very different than who they actually are. It depends on why they are online.
Some people just want to argue. So you would think they are complete assholes, but in reality they may be very friendly.
Some people just want to have fun with it, be a smart ass, say outrageous things etc. but again, in RL they are as average as you get.

So to answer the question, the answer is no. Who someone is online is not a good indicator at all in who they truly are.

Me no.

Well I married one, so yeah I can speak to that.
As well as at another large forum years ago I met several people in RL that were there.
And I can say for sure that who a person is online can be very different than who they actually are. It depends on why they are online.
Some people just want to argue. So you would think they are complete assholes, but in reality they may be very friendly.
Some people just want to have fun with it, be a smart ass, say outrageous things etc. but again, in RL they are as average as you get.

So to answer the question, the answer is no. Who someone is online is not a good indicator at all in who they truly are.
Thank you, it's true what you say, I think I know someone virtually but I'm probably wrong already when in reality people are not always honest and as the dress does not make the monk.
But I like to try to see how people are virtually.
What surprised me too is a member of a French forum that I do not go because I come here and I do not like going to several places.
He was drag me a little I think, he told me things about me and he was not wrong, he told me I can feel the way you are.

Your eventful meeting was not on the net but similar you are a man too you are told bof that can it happen to me in the end?

Me no.

Thank you for your respond:), I also like cereal_killer he immediately accepted me to the forum and he made me laugh, he does not come to the forum anymore ?
Me in the past I had a forum on the history of France and a member wanted to meet me, he seemed very nice, I had chat with him for a long time but hey, I did not have the courage to meet him even as a friend, I do not know exactly why. I spoke to him on the phone and it made me feel strange to cross the threshold of the virtual it was in my beginnings of the virtual for me back then

Well, to be fair, I was telling you the worst scenario I've ever had about meeting people via other than face to face meetings.

I did meet one woman once who had been chatting with me on a message board, but it was basically a boring date, and we didn't pursue a second one.

Me no.

Well, to be fair, I was telling you the worst scenario I've ever had about meeting people via other than face to face meetings.

I did meet one woman once who had been chatting with me on a message board, but it was basically a boring date, and we didn't pursue a second one.
Yes, it's not always easy to get along with someone

Forum List

Back