Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Polygyny

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I’m for promiscuity!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Against the polygamy

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
I don't see the benefits of polyandry to society unless the male becomes infertile.

I voted for polygyny but I think it should be limited to 2 or 3 wives at the most.

4 or more just seems irresponsible.

Be real. Most women are not going to choose to be in this type of relationship.

I believe it is fairly common in the Muslim world. Since there are approximately 1 billion Muslims in the world there are probably at least 17 women who are part of a plural marriage.

I didn't realize we were talking about the "Muslim world." I am talking about here, in America, most people are not going to want to be in such a relationship.

Maybe make multiple marriages mandatory!

But open up the multiple concept. Allow, for example, one to marry three women and allow each of the three women to marry several other men each. They they can form a commune and..............

Oh wait, there are already cults doing that but Janet Reno is nowhere to be found so they all are still alive.

Black Bear Ranch in California attempted a civilization like this. It didn't even last one generation. Polygyny has at least been time tested. Polyandry has never been attempted. We have no reason to believe it would work. We do have reason to believe it wouldn't.

I don't see the benefits of polyandry to society unless the male becomes infertile.

I voted for polygyny but I think it should be limited to 2 or 3 wives at the most.

I believe it is fairly common in the Muslim world. Since there are approximately 1 billion Muslims in the world there are probably at least 17 women who are part of a plural marriage.

I didn't realize we were talking about the "Muslim world." I am talking about here, in America, most people are not going to want to be in such a relationship.

The younger generation of American women don't even want to marry one man. You are probably right. They definitely wouldn't want to be married to a man and a few other women.

Single motherhood is becoming cool like it is in Iceland.

The younger generation of American women don't even want to marry one man. You are probably right. They definitely wouldn't want to be married to a man and a few other women.

The "younger generation?" Lol. I don't think any generation of FREE American women would want to be in such a situation, for the most part.

Let me put it to you this way, a lot of times single motherhood isn't just the mother's choice. The father (or sperm donor in some cases) has made the decision too. So, don't be putting down the women.

Also, if you LOVE the man you are with, you are not going to be too keen on sharing him with others. Also, IMO, it is rather disgusting to sleep with a man who you know is sleeping with multiple other people. Yuck!

Black Bear Ranch in California attempted a civilization like this. It didn't even last one generation. Polygyny has at least been time tested. Polyandry has never been attempted. We have no reason to believe it would work. We do have reason to believe it wouldn't.

Obviously they didn't try hard enough.

But these days there are pills for that......

No? No opinion on the topic?

A little too difficult? Of course I think everybody should be free to marry as often and as diversely as makes them comfortable. You should be free to marry several men without regard to race, creed, or intelligence. And when satisfied with those any dog, cat, sheep or goat (including but not limiting) as you choose. You or anyone else!

Will it bring the "end times" closer? Nawwwwww......the planet's gonna do that for us anyway. Only positive in it is some might like their true alternative mates so much that they abandon the humans and, unless cross-species fertilization becomes possible, there'll be fewer people to foul the nest.

Let me put it to you this way, a lot of times single motherhood isn't just the mother's choice. The father (or sperm donor in some cases) has made the decision too. So, don't be putting down the women.

Also, if you LOVE the man you are with, you are not going to be too keen on sharing him with others. Also, IMO, it is rather disgusting to sleep with a man who you know is sleeping with multiple other people. Yuck!

I wasn't putting down anybody. I was pointing out a cultural shift. Young girls in their 20s are less interested in getting married. This would make them even less likely to participate in a convoluted plural marriage. I was agreeing with you.

A little too difficult? Of course I think everybody should be free to marry as often and as diversely as makes them comfortable. You should be free to marry several men without regard to race, creed, or intelligence. And when satisfied with those any dog, cat, sheep or goat (including but not limiting) as you choose. You or anyone else!

Will it bring the "end times" closer? Nawwwwww......the planet's gonna do that for us anyway. Only positive in it is some might like their true alternative mates so much that they abandon the humans and, unless cross-species fertilization becomes possible, there'll be fewer people to foul the nest.

How about a serious response? This isn't the flamer zone.

I wasn't putting down anybody. I was pointing out a cultural shift. Young girls in their 20s are less interested in getting married. This would make them even less likely to participate in a convoluted plural marriage. I was agreeing with you.

and so are the men.

I AM serious and believe all those things I enumerated ought to be legal and accepted by society. No flaming, just clearly stating my feelings on the matter. I'm surprised anyone "tolerant" could find that troubling!

Is there some reason I might not be entitled to hold and express my beliefs?

Pills?

I AM serious and believe all those things I enumerated ought to be legal and accepted by society. No flaming, just clearly stating my feelings on the matter. I'm surprised anyone "tolerant" could find that troubling!

Oh bullshit.

and so are the men.

Men have never been interested in being married. It's just a trap we fall into sometimes.

Trust me, men aren't getting smarter. Women just aren't setting as many traps anymore.

Very few species live long enough to reach the age of consent which is 18 in most states.

Oh bullshit.

No flaming?

Seriously, I believe there should be no restraints on who should be allowed to marry who or what they choose and no restraints on numbers. That would end so many disputes over who/what was to inherit, who or what could be at the bedside to comfort a sick or dying person or creature.

It's not the marriages that cause trouble; it's those troubled by the marriages.

Oh bullshit.

No flaming?

Seriously, I believe there should be no restraints on who should be allowed to marry who or what they choose and no restraints on numbers. That would end so many disputes over who/what was to inherit, who or what could be at the bedside to comfort a sick or dying person or creature.

It's not the marriages that cause trouble; it's those troubled by the marriages.

So . . . you are serious in saying that you think a person should be able to marry a goat? :lol:

Forum List

Back