Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole"...this just another in and endless series of lies told by you whacky leftists....

A couple of experts on the subject.

[ame=http://youtu.be/9ic7TE9IsOQ]Gun Gripes Episode 37: The gun show loop hole - YouTube[/ame]

I will ask this once again..

Since when do we allow the free exercise of an enumerated Right up for a vote?

If you think you have a right to not get a background check, tell it to the Judge, because if I have my way, your ass is going to jail, if you are caught with an unregistered weapon with background check and you will lose your "right" to own a gun. The 2nd Amendment prohibits the populace from being disarmed. It doesn't prohibit people like you being stupid.
actually we have the right to privacy

something liberals removed with the background checks

Background checks aren't hurting your privacy and if you really value your privacy that much, don't buy a gun! It's as simple as that.

I will ask this once again..

Since when do we allow the free exercise of an enumerated Right up for a vote?

If you think you have a right to not get a background check, tell it to the Judge, because if I have my way, your ass is going to jail, if you are caught with an unregistered weapon with background check and you will lose your "right" to own a gun. The 2nd Amendment prohibits the populace from being disarmed. It doesn't prohibit people like you being stupid.

So, you want me to register guns I bought mail order in the 60's, guns my dad bought in the 30's, guns taken off the bodies of dead soldiers in WW II? I have guns that were legally purchased that don't have serial #'s.

Any requirement for registration of weapons now legally owned cannot be enforced.

I don't care about your problems or family history. The world wasn't built for only your pleasure.

Even antiques can be registered and they can be assigned a number or identified in some way.

That is a lie. I support the right of law abiding citizens to own firearms to protect themselves, their family and their property. I DON'T support the right of felons and the mentally ill to own a firearm. The universal background check on all sales truly is a no brainer. There is no logical, reasonable or intelligent argument against that common sense law...NONE.

I can think of three reasons not to support it, all of them just as logical as your reason for supporting it.

1. I don't like it.
  2. It is creepy.
  3. Fuck off, asshole.

1) game
2) set
3) match
Winner Bfgrn

Which came first gun confiscation or gun registration?

Background checks aren't hurting your privacy and if you really value your privacy that much, don't buy a gun! It's as simple as that.
What a stupid comment. There shouldn't be conditions attached to a Constitutional right. Would you like to have to undergo a background check before you could voice your opinion?

I want to ask a question here of the people pushing the "Gun Show Loophole" stuff.

Just how many people do you think shows up at the average Gun Show as a Private seller instead of a Licensed Vender?

What do you think the Ratio is? 1:1? 1:20? 20:1?

At today's gunshow, as I said earlier, there was 4 rooms of venders. Each room had at least 10 Licensed Venders.

The area for the "Private Sales" was a single row of benches, no tables, about 10 feet long.

That's it.

There is no gun show ‘loophole.’

If one purchases a firearm from a licensed dealer at gun show, a background check is completed, just as if the firearm was purchased at the dealer’s shop.

Federal law allows residents of the same state to conduct an intrastate transaction absent a background check, as such a check is utterly unfeasible in the context of a private sale.

And should such a private sale be conducted at a gun show, no background check is conducted in accordance with the law; that the sale occurs at a gun show venue is coincidental and irrelevant, hence no ‘loophole.’

Restrictions on abortions don't violate anyone's rights either. If you don't want the restrictions, don't get an abortion.

Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

What a stupid comment. There shouldn't be conditions attached to a Constitutional right. Would you like to have to undergo a background check before you could voice your opinion?

The only constitutional right is that the populace won't be disarmed. You had to bring a gun of a certain quality to be in the militia, so they have had gun laws since the beginning. They weren't given their choice of the weapons they could bring.

It's really simple dealing with your kind. Get caught breaking the gun laws and see if you have a gun in jail to protect your ass! I want strict gun control laws in America and our present gun control laws are what's going to make it happen. The laws are so lax that another disaster is just a matter of time. See if the Judge buys your bullshit when it's time for sentencing!

I want to ask a question here of the people pushing the "Gun Show Loophole" stuff.

Just how many people do you think shows up at the average Gun Show as a Private seller instead of a Licensed Vender?

At today's gunshow, as I said earlier, there was 4 rooms of venders. Each room had at least 10 Licensed Venders.

The area for the "Private Sales" was a single row of benches, no tables, about 10 feet long.

That's it.

What prevents a private vender buying a gun at a gun show and reselling it without a background check and don't tell me the law stops it?

There is no gun show ‘loophole.’

If one purchases a firearm from a licensed dealer at gun show, a background check is completed, just as if the firearm was purchased at the dealer’s shop.

Federal law allows residents of the same state to conduct an intrastate transaction absent a background check, as such a check is utterly unfeasible in the context of a private sale.

And should such a private sale be conducted at a gun show, no background check is conducted in accordance with the law; that the sale occurs at a gun show venue is coincidental and irrelevant, hence no ‘loophole.’

By God I think he's got it. Too bad that ignorant little boy Dubya never will.

The only constitutional right is that the populace won't be disarmed. You had to bring a gun of a certain quality to be in the militia, so they have had gun laws since the beginning. They weren't given their choice of the weapons they could bring.

It's really simple dealing with your kind. Get caught breaking the gun laws and see if you have a gun in jail to protect your ass! I want strict gun control laws in America and our present gun control laws are what's going to make it happen. The laws are so lax that another disaster is just a matter of time. See if the Judge buys your bullshit when it's time for sentencing!

aufkleberfollow.jpg

and you still have not told me your tutu color after you turned off your rep.

That's it.

What prevents a private vender buying a gun at a gun show and reselling it without a background check and don't tell me the law stops it?

And how does a national mandatory background check system stop it?

I don't care what you want, snitch.

Restrictions on abortions don't violate anyone's rights either. If you don't want the restrictions, don't get an abortion.

Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

Don't you people have a forum on abortion or threads somewhere? Why don't you go there and speak your mind?

Yet instead of demanding current laws are enforced, which they are not, you being the poster boy statist want new more oppressive laws on the law abiding people. Because even you recognize that criminals will continue laughing at any law you pass. Good job commie boy, good job.

That's it.

And how does a national mandatory background check system stop it?

I've already told you how and you know damned well it would work. I'd even make them renew registrations on shotguns.

Tell me exactly how banning scary black guns and 30 round mags is going to prevent the next nut from shooting up a school.

Be specific. Tell me one thing you can do today that will prevent a school shooting 3 months in the future.

Forum List

Back