Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
There is no gun show ‘loophole.’

If one purchases a firearm from a licensed dealer at gun show, a background check is completed, just as if the firearm was purchased at the dealer’s shop.

Federal law allows residents of the same state to conduct an intrastate transaction absent a background check, as such a check is utterly unfeasible in the context of a private sale.

And should such a private sale be conducted at a gun show, no background check is conducted in accordance with the law; that the sale occurs at a gun show venue is coincidental and irrelevant, hence no ‘loophole.’

By God I think he's got it. Too bad that ignorant little boy Dubya never will.

When you can sell a weapon without a background check, it's a loophole.

What prevents a private vender buying a gun at a gun show and reselling it without a background check and don't tell me the law stops it?

And how does a national mandatory background check system stop it?

I've already told you how and you know damned well it would work. I'd even make them renew registrations on shotguns.

So it would require every gun to be registered then, right?

You failed to bring that up in your previous posts.

Gun registration is a no go. You dont need to be registered to practice free speech, or your freedom of travel, or your right to a trial by jury.

Go an hero yourself.

What a stupid comment. There shouldn't be conditions attached to a Constitutional right. Would you like to have to undergo a background check before you could voice your opinion?

The only constitutional right is that the populace won't be disarmed. You had to bring a gun of a certain quality to be in the militia, so they have had gun laws since the beginning. They weren't given their choice of the weapons they could bring.

It's really simple dealing with your kind. Get caught breaking the gun laws and see if you have a gun in jail to protect your ass! I want strict gun control laws in America and our present gun control laws are what's going to make it happen. The laws are so lax that another disaster is just a matter of time. See if the Judge buys your bullshit when it's time for sentencing!
I don't care what you want, snitch.

Smell the coffee, fool!

What a stupid comment. There shouldn't be conditions attached to a Constitutional right. Would you like to have to undergo a background check before you could voice your opinion?

The only constitutional right is that the populace won't be disarmed. You had to bring a gun of a certain quality to be in the militia, so they have had gun laws since the beginning. They weren't given their choice of the weapons they could bring.

It's really simple dealing with your kind. Get caught breaking the gun laws and see if you have a gun in jail to protect your ass! I want strict gun control laws in America and our present gun control laws are what's going to make it happen. The laws are so lax that another disaster is just a matter of time. See if the Judge buys your bullshit when it's time for sentencing!

aufkleberfollow.jpg

and you still have not told me your tutu color after you turned off your rep.

Did he turn off his rep, or could it have been something else? I wonder.

Smell the coffee, fool!

Keep adding nothing to the conversation. You are the reason gun rights advocates dont trust gun control idiots one bit.

aufkleberfollow.jpg

Which would imply he wasnt smart enough to read forum rules and tried to neg someone twice to quickly.

Either way it is a good indicator of his post quality.

Yet instead of demanding current laws are enforced, which they are not, you being the poster boy statist want new more oppressive laws on the law abiding people. Because even you recognize that criminals will continue laughing at any law you pass. Good job commie boy, good job.

It's not oppressive to make a gun owner show up once a year to prove he still has his weapons and allowing him to live in a safer world. It's oppressive when someone gets caught violating the law and gets their ass burnt for doing it. I support losing gun rights if the person is caught with an unregistered weapon and prosecuting the person for a weapons offense with more severe penalties from that point on.

Yet instead of demanding current laws are enforced, which they are not, you being the poster boy statist want new more oppressive laws on the law abiding people. Because even you recognize that criminals will continue laughing at any law you pass. Good job commie boy, good job.

It's not oppressive to make a gun owner show up once a year to prove he still has his weapons and allowing him to live in a safer world. It's oppressive when someone gets caught violating the law and gets their ass burnt for doing it. I support losing gun rights if the person is caught with an unregistered weapon and prosecuting the person for a weapons offense with more severe penalties from that point on.

It is an INFRINGMENT, and will not make the world ANY safer. It will just get us closer to becoming government run lemmings, a state you seem to love.

Gun rights should only be lost for a felony or a judge related mental defect ruling. Anything else is banning by small cuts, and you know it.

Screw you I only have to renew my CHL every 5 years. I've owned gun for 50 years and not one of them have hurt anyone. Why don't you put you energy in to law enforcement and leave everyone else alone. Criminal ain't going to register shit.

If you think you have a right to not get a background check, tell it to the Judge, because if I have my way, your ass is going to jail, if you are caught with an unregistered weapon with background check and you will lose your "right" to own a gun. The 2nd Amendment prohibits the populace from being disarmed. It doesn't prohibit people like you being stupid.

So, you want me to register guns I bought mail order in the 60's, guns my dad bought in the 30's, guns taken off the bodies of dead soldiers in WW II? I have guns that were legally purchased that don't have serial #'s.

Any requirement for registration of weapons now legally owned cannot be enforced.

I don't care about your problems or family history. The world wasn't built for only your pleasure.

Even antiques can be registered and they can be assigned a number or identified in some way.

I don't care about your problems either dumbo, other than I'm sorry to see you lost your rep. I will not register any weapon I obtained legally before such a law is enacted.
I predict a run on Home Depot for 6" PVC pipe and caps if such a law is passed. I'll need 80 feet and 3 dozen caps

But it is oppressive to make him prove he is eligible to cast his vote on ellection day.... Got it.

So, you want me to register guns I bought mail order in the 60's, guns my dad bought in the 30's, guns taken off the bodies of dead soldiers in WW II? I have guns that were legally purchased that don't have serial #'s.

Any requirement for registration of weapons now legally owned cannot be enforced.

I don't care about your problems or family history. The world wasn't built for only your pleasure.

Even antiques can be registered and they can be assigned a number or identified in some way.

I don't care about your problems either dumbo, other than I'm sorry to see you lost your rep. I will not register any weapon I obtained legally before such a law is enacted.
I predict a run on Home Depot for 6" PVC pipe and caps if such a law is passed. I'll need 80 feet and 3 dozen caps

There will be no need, this dips pipe dreams will never be realized. Congress especially the senate don't want this fight. I just like giving the baby boy a hard time.

Tell me exactly how banning scary black guns and 30 round mags is going to prevent the next nut from shooting up a school.

Be specific. Tell me one thing you can do today that will prevent a school shooting 3 months in the future.

Assault weapons are the weapon of choice for shooting it out with the cops, which seldom happens. Handguns are what's generally used in homicides and rifles aren't. I don't think assault weapons are good for home defense, but they are fun to shoot at firing ranges or where you have a lot of land to shoot them safely. I never thought an assault weapons ban was a good idea, but limits on magazine size are in some places, maybe nationally. The smart way is to make these Title II weapons instead of a ban, but I believe weapons need a yearly check and ballistics test to make sure they aren't being trafficked to the wrong people.

It's you gun nuts caught up on Sandy Hook and you just can't figure out the American people have had enough of the gun violence your bullshit laws allow. Your bullshit ways don't work on rational thinking people.

I keep telling you idiots that when you behave so irresponsibly and try to keep everything as is, the people of this country are going to stick it up your ass and you do deserve it. When you can't be part of the solution, then you have made yourself part of the problem. Don't be surprised when people with less experience with guns make laws that show you no consideration. You didn't show them any consideration, so why should you get it. Our present laws will allow another disaster and it's just a matter of time.

And how does a national mandatory background check system stop it?

I've already told you how and you know damned well it would work. I'd even make them renew registrations on shotguns.

Gun registration is a no go. You dont need to be registered to practice free speech, or your freedom of travel, or your right to a trial by jury.

Go an hero yourself.

I've only brought it up dozens of time.

You have the right to not have the populace disarmed, so figure it out, fool!

Smell the coffee, fool!

Keep adding nothing to the conversation. You are the reason gun rights advocates dont trust gun control idiots one bit.

Who gives a fuck what people who can't even read a simple amendment trust? They only have present power in a Congress they bought and they failed over 99% in the last election. You're kooks and you clowns aren't running this circus.

Smell the coffee, fool!

Who gives a fuck what people who can't even read a simple amendment trust? They only have present power in a Congress they bought and they failed over 99% in the last election. You're kooks and you clowns aren't running this circus.

I can read it just fine, you just choose to ignore it.

Go an hero yourself.

I've only brought it up dozens of time.

You have the right to not have the populace disarmed, so figure it out, fool!

Registration is infringement, no matter how you try to spin it.

aufkleberfollow.jpg

Which would imply he wasnt smart enough to read forum rules and tried to neg someone twice to quickly.

Either way it is a good indicator of his post quality.

That's a great rule, like they just can't set the parameters to not allow it. I guess changing that 24 hours to 48 is too hard to figure out.

Tell me exactly how banning scary black guns and 30 round mags is going to prevent the next nut from shooting up a school.

Be specific. Tell me one thing you can do today that will prevent a school shooting 3 months in the future.

Assault weapons are the weapon of choice for shooting it out with the cops, which seldom happens. Handguns are what's generally used in homicides and rifles aren't. I don't think assault weapons are good for home defense, but they are fun to shoot at firing ranges or where you have a lot of land to shoot them safely. I never thought an assault weapons ban was a good idea, but limits on magazine size are in some places, maybe nationally. The smart way is to make these Title II weapons instead of a ban, but I believe weapons need a yearly check and ballistics test to make sure they aren't being trafficked to the wrong people.

It's you gun nuts caught up on Sandy Hook and you just can't figure out the American people have had enough of the gun violence your bullshit laws allow. Your bullshit ways don't work on rational thinking people.

I keep telling you idiots that when you behave so irresponsibly and try to keep everything as is, the people of this country are going to stick it up your ass and you do deserve it. When you can't be part of the solution, then you have made yourself part of the problem. Don't be surprised when people with less experience with guns make laws that show you no consideration. You didn't show them any consideration, so why should you get it. Our present laws will allow another disaster and it's just a matter of time.

Your dear leader is the only one acting irresponsibly, gun prosecutions are way down. And by rational people you mean the lemming easily swayed by the MSM that lack the ability to get the facts for themselves, right?

Your solution wont do crap to prevent anything and you know it, or you dont because you lack the cognative function to figure it out.

Forum List

Back