Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
I'm not scared of you fucking fools and those laws will be coming to America, because they make sense and we don't want all those unnecessary homicides by gun.

But what will you do when the "unnecessary homicides" are by Knife, Club, Rope, or Fist?

or still by gun, because criminals do not obey the law?

While that is a given, I was allowing him his wet dream that there would be no more guns in the hands of the private citizen.

What so many of the gun grabbers don't understand, which is why I got caught in a parody site the other day, is that if they got their dream and no one had guns, that wouldn't end deadly violence.

The same day as the Newton shootings, there was a knife attack in China. Nearly the same number children lost their ears and fingers in that attack. That guy could have very easily slit the throats of those kids instead of cutting off their ears.

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

Selling a firearm to a felon is already illegal, even if you are NOT a federal firearms dealer.

and what is the difference between a craiglist ad and some guy arranging a street buy for you?

More restrictions on legal gunowners, and no effect on the illegal gun trade.

You can't sell a house or a car to just anyone without filling out the proper paperwork and registering it with government agencies. You even need to carry insurance with both. The same rules should apply to gun-ownership. You should have to pass a written test and demonstrate you are able to handle a gun in order to obtain a gun license.

What government agency do you have to register a house sale with?

You do not need homeowners insurance if you buy cash its a requirement for a mortgage, which is a private contractural requirement. For car insurance its only to use public roads.

Also home ownership and car ownership are not rights.

It doesn't matter. The hole is to be closed and with additional legislation.

Bipartisan committee vote advances legislation

Updated: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 6:11 PM MST
Published : Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 4:58 PM MST

Kayla Ayers
SANTA FE (KRQE) - Gun-control advocates scored a victory in a legislative committee at the roundhouse Friday night.

A bill requiring background checks at gun shows passed the House Judiciary Committee with bipartisan support.

The amended bill, however, does not require background checks for private sales as its sponsor originally proposed.

It does include a component Gov. Susana Martinez was pushing for: making it easier for a person's mental health issues to show up during checks.

Bill ending 'gun show loophole' gets OK

Selling a firearm to a felon is already illegal, even if you are NOT a federal firearms dealer.

and what is the difference between a craiglist ad and some guy arranging a street buy for you?

You can't sell a house or a car to just anyone without filling out the proper paperwork and registering it with government agencies. You even need to carry insurance with both. The same rules should apply to gun-ownership. You should have to pass a written test and demonstrate you are able to handle a gun in order to obtain a gun license.

You do not need homeowners insurance if you buy cash its a requirement for a mortgage, which is a private contractural requirement. For car insurance its only to use public roads.

You need to register the deed with the local government when you buy a house regardless whether you pay cash or take out a mortgage. There are also state and local fees required on closing.

Most states require proof of car insurance simply to register the car. You can be fined for not having a car registered even if it sitting unused on your own property. I know this because a tenant of mine received such a fine in PA.

Home ownership and car ownership are not rights but the Constitution guarantees my right to drink alcohol and that is regulated and carries limitations. My right to vote is guaranteed at age 18 but I still need to register with the local government in order to do so. If Republicans had their way, my right to vote would be even more regulated. Amendments are not untouchable. Rights may be guaranteed but stipulations can and will be imposed.

Assault weapons like these?

Assault-Scissors-copy-600x279.jpg

The simple truth is that most police who end up in shootouts are going up against people with handguns. The reason for that is pretty obvious to anyone who thinks about it.

By the way, why are the police worried about the fact that Dorner has a .50 caliber rifle if assault weapons are the scariest things on the planet?

LOL! I must spread some rep before giving to you again. So says the machine!

Anyway...it is true that many people are deathly afraid of being cut by scissors (not stabbed, but sliced by the scissor action) because it can make a wound that just will not stop bleeding...sort of like a long slash with a razor blade.

Actually, again, selling a gun to a felon is illegal, and ignorance of the law does not protect you.

And tell us Einstein...HOW would a seller know if a buyer is a felon? By looks? Smell??

It is illegal, standing in court and blithering that you didn't know only works on really bad TV shows.

So...felons wear signs now? I work with a felon. If I asked 10,000 people to pick out the felon I work with, I would bet than not more than two would be correct. Most would probably pick the dude with arms covered with tattoos (he's actually former US Army Airborne, retired after 22 years) or the guy that looks like he spent the last 10 years pumping iron (because he DID spend the last 10 years pumping iron, and was a gym manager and personal trainer until the economy went south & the place closed). No, other than riding a motorcycle (a little Yamaha), the felon I work with looks like a normal guy.

Last edited:

You need to register the deed with the local government when you buy a house regardless whether you pay cash or take out a mortgage. There are also state and local fees required on closing.

Most states require proof of car insurance simply to register the car. You can be fined for not having a car registered even if it sitting unused on your own property. I know this because a tenant of mine received such a fine in PA.

Home ownership and car ownership are not rights but the Constitution guarantees my right to drink alcohol and that is regulated and carries limitations. My right to vote is guaranteed at age 18 but I still need to register with the local government in order to do so. If Republicans had their way, my right to vote would be even more regulated. Amendments are not untouchable. Rights may be guaranteed but stipulations can and will be imposed.

The registration is for tax purposes, not to determine if you own one or not. Also the "registrstration" is not limited in any way. Anyone can own a house. If you were to treat gun ownership like house ownership in some states only the police and government officals would be able to own houses without a waiting period or onerous requirements.

For the cars, if you have enough property you dont need to register a car. The cases you talk about are probably when parked in a driveway with ACESSS ONLY to public roads. There is a difference.

Kayla Ayers
SANTA FE (KRQE) - Gun-control advocates scored a victory in a legislative committee at the roundhouse Friday night.

A bill requiring background checks at gun shows passed the House Judiciary Committee with bipartisan support.

The amended bill, however, does not require background checks for private sales as its sponsor originally proposed.

It does include a component Gov. Susana Martinez was pushing for: making it easier for a person's mental health issues to show up during checks.

ROFLMAO

The amended bill, however, does not require background checks for private sales as its sponsor originally proposed. [/quote}

That IS the Gun Show Loophole

Kayla Ayers

ROFLMAO

The amended bill, however, does not require background checks for private sales as its sponsor originally proposed. [/quote}

Private sales are private.

That's not a loophole, that's a restriction on the government control.

ROFLMAO

But that is what the gun grabbers are complaining about. Private people selling their guns without doing background checks

There is no gun show ‘loophole.’

If one purchases a firearm from a licensed dealer at gun show, a background check is completed, just as if the firearm was purchased at the dealer’s shop.

Federal law allows residents of the same state to conduct an intrastate transaction absent a background check, as such a check is utterly unfeasible in the context of a private sale.

And should such a private sale be conducted at a gun show, no background check is conducted in accordance with the law; that the sale occurs at a gun show venue is coincidental and irrelevant, hence no ‘loophole.’

By God I think he's got it. Too bad that ignorant little boy Dubya never will.

he is not ignorant. Ignorance can be corrected. He is STUPID.

ROFLMAO

But that is what the gun grabbers are complaining about. Private people selling their guns without doing background checks

President Obama would like to add more controls to personal privacy. The private sales are from people who have either passed previous checks or grandfathered their weapons in and thus have had them a long time. Both are now assured of their privacy under the right to bear arms.

• Without a gun registration process, there is no way to know who sold what weapon to whom.

• Without mandatory background checks, private gun sellers can always claim ignorance of the fact that a person is a felon.

• And Republicans have effectively hamstrung enforcement of existing gun laws.

If we could track where the criminal were getting their guns, and actually hold them responsible, then said illegal gun sales would decrease exponentially, as private gun sellers would actually pay attention to who they were selling their guns to, or face jail time.

I continuously hear people talking about how gun control would be ineffective because criminals will get weapons anyway...

And they're right. I agree that stopping the sale of guns is not the answer.

But where do you think the criminals are getting them from?

Last edited:

• Without a gun registration process, there is no way to know who sold what weapon to whom.

• Without mandatory background checks, private gun sellers can always claim ignorance of the fact that a person is a felon.

• And Republicans have effectively hamstrung enforcement of existing gun laws.

If we could track where the criminal were getting their guns, and actually hold them responsible, then said illegal gun sales would decrease exponentially, as private gun sellers would actually pay attention to who they were selling their guns to, or face jail time.

I continuously hear people talking about how gun control would be ineffective because criminals will get weapons anyway...

And they're right. I agree that stopping the sale of guns is not the answer.

But where do you think the criminals are getting them from?
How do background checks of law abiding people impede thieves and black marketers?

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

I can sell a car to anyone I choose to. I do not need to file any paperwork (aside from the bill of sale, a contract between buyer & seller). I do not need any licence of any sort to own a car. You fail.

Gotta love how this myth is still being portrayed by the leftist trolls
Not only that, but you'll straighten them out on the facts one day and the same goobers will be back two days later, spouting the same lies.

They're not mistaken or ignorant...They're bold-faced, unabashed, inveterate liars.

Be fair...some of them might actually be THAT stupid!

The registration is for tax purposes, not to determine if you own one or not. Also the "registrstration" is not limited in any way. Anyone can own a house. If you were to treat gun ownership like house ownership in some states only the police and government officals would be able to own houses without a waiting period or onerous requirements.

For the cars, if you have enough property you dont need to register a car. The cases you talk about are probably when parked in a driveway with ACESSS ONLY to public roads. There is a difference.
The purpose of registration is irrelevant. The fact is, you must register houses, cars and guns with the government in some fashion for different reasons. Since they are different objects used for different purposes, it stands to reason the purpose for registration would be different as well.

Who buys a car to drive around ONLY on all their acreage? A tractor maybe or a 4-wheel drive to wrangle cattle or something but regardless of all that, you still have to take a written test and a driving test to obtain a license to operate a vehicle whether you drive on your property or on the roads. And don't tell me that tractor or cattle-wrangling 4-wheel isn't going to drive down a public road at some point.

No comment on alcohol or voting requirements even though they are guaranteed by the Constitution? That's the real argument here.

Registry/registrar of deeds, usually.

How do background checks of law abiding people impede thieves and black marketers?

It does not.

However, it will make people stop making legal sales of guns to people they have no information on, which happens in private sales all the time.

The perfect example of this are guns sold through the infamous "Gun Show Loophole", which is the following:

U.S. federal law requires persons engaged in interstate firearm commerce, or those who are "engaged in the business" of dealing firearms, to hold a Federal Firearms License and perform background checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System maintained by the FBI prior to transferring a firearm.

Under the terms of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, however, individuals "not engaged in the business" of dealing firearms, or who only make "occasional" sales within their state of residence, are under no requirement to conduct background checks on purchasers or maintain records of sale (although even private sellers are forbidden under federal law from selling firearms to persons they have reason to believe are felons or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms).

Gun shows in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which means that private sellers can resell legally bought weapons to whomever is willing to pay them for said weapons, without fear of recrimination.

I can sell a car to anyone I choose to. I do not need to file any paperwork (aside from the bill of sale, a contract between buyer & seller). I do not need any licence of any sort to own a car. You fail.
When you buy a car, you need to notify the DMV about the transfer of title and I don't know where you get the idea that you don't need a drivers license to operate a vehicle but if you've been driving without one then you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back