Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
Just tell us how many murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people should be allowed to buy a gun without a background check?

It is a straight forward question that deserves a straight forward answer.

How many times is a firearm sold to a person that the seller didn't know the back ground of the buyer whether it's a piece of paper from the government, or between friends?

Hence, the reason that background checks are needed on ALL gun sales.

You didn't understand what I said.
Try again.
If I sale a gun to a friend I already know his background I don't need government keeping track of my private property.

How many times is a firearm sold to a person that the seller didn't know the back ground of the buyer whether it's a piece of paper from the government, or between friends?

Try again.
If I sale a gun to a friend I already know his background I don't need government keeping track of my private property.

What if that "friend" had been arrested 5 months prior for domestic abuse and didn't tell you about it?

Nice childish whine. Then just tell us how many murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people should be allowed to buy a gun without a background check?

Unlike the items you mentioned, a gun has a sole purpose.

The sole purpose of a gun is to fire a projectile from point A to point B, a person determines what those points are. Just like a person decides if a hammer hits the head of a nail or a persons head. It's the person with the tool that determines if the use is legal or illegal, not the tool. Why don't you want to deal with the criminals?

Just tell us how many murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people should be allowed to buy a gun without a background check?

If a perfect would none, we don't live in a perfect world though, do we? Laws have failed to make it prefect and laws will continue to fail because a certain portion of the population will continue to disregard them. Then you have all the recent violence that the left has decided to focus on that have happened even though background checks were conducted and the crazies passed them. If you look at the ineligible list you posted, people have to be adjudicated mentally unfit to own a gun, someone just saying it doesn't make it so. So now answer my question, why don't you want to focus on the criminals that commit the vast majority of violent crime instead of those like me, who's guns have harmed no one?

Nice childish whine. Then just tell us how many murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people should be allowed to buy a gun without a background check?

Unlike the items you mentioned, a gun has a sole purpose.

You mean having fun target shooting?

All of them. All of them should be allowed to buy guns because they are going to if they want them anyway.
Now, once they use them in a crime they should executed. But that's another issue.

Try again.

What if that "friend" had been arrested 5 months prior for domestic abuse and didn't tell you about it?
Try again, friends don't need government paper work, I know my friends maybe you don';t have any or just stupid.

You mean having fun target shooting?

All of them. All of them should be allowed to buy guns because they are going to if they want them anyway.
Now, once they use them in a crime they should executed. But that's another issue.

So, you're cool with letting people buy guns and do a Sandy Hook shooting as long as they are executed?

What about if they commit suicide before being brought to trial (like what happens in most cases)?

Try again.

It's doubtful he would have been convicted and wouldn't show up on a background check either.

Try again.

It's doubtful he would have been convicted and wouldn't show up on a background check either.

A friend would now faster than any back ground check would reveal

Where does the second amendment mention protection to the sellers of weapons?

Prohibited persons

The following list of prohibited persons are ineligible to own firearms under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.

• Those convicted of felonies and certain misdemeanors except where state law reinstates rights, or removes disability.

• Fugitives from justice

• Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs

• Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution and currently containing a dangerous mental illness.

• Non-US citizens, unless permanently immigrating into the U.S. or in possession of a hunting license legally issued in the U.S.

• Illegal Aliens

• Those who have renounced U.S. citizenship

• Minors defined as under the age of eighteen for long guns and the age of twenty-one for handguns, with the exception of Vermont, eligible at age sixteen.

• Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (an addition)

• Persons under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year are ineligible to receive, transport, or ship any firearm or ammunition

• Those who already own firearms would normally be required to relinquish them upon conviction.

Acquiring from dealers

Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer's and purchaser's states and localities are complied with:

• An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual's state of residence.

• An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state. However, the applicant may not purchase a pistol gripped long gun that does not have a shoulder stock until he or she is 21 years of age.

• It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell, deliver, or transfer a firearm unless the federal firearms licensee receives notice of approval from a prescribed source approving the transfer.

• Sale of a firearm by a federally licensed dealer must be documented by a federal form 4473, which identifies and includes other information about the purchaser, and records the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. Sales to an individual of multiple handguns within a five-day period require dealer notification to the ATF. Violations of dealer record keeping requirements are punishable by a penalty of up to $1000 and one year's imprisonment.

• An individual holding a Curio and Relics License (officially a Type 03 Federal Firearms License (FFL); also called a C&R) may directly purchase firearms that are 50 or more years old from anyone AND any firearm officially recognized by the ATF as a Curio and Relic (C&R).

Sales between individuals

For transactions that don't involve federal firearms licensees, such as private transactions, federal law is less strict when it comes to minimum age.

In a private transaction, federal law prohibits the transfer or the sale of a handgun or ammunition, for use only in handguns, to individuals under 18 years of age. Although, there are certain exceptions in federal law, that if met, would allow an individual to transfer a handgun or ammunition, for use only in handguns, to someone under 18 years of age.

There is no federal law concerning minimum age for the transfer or sale of a firearm that is not defined as a handgun, such as rifles, semiautomatic rifles, short-barreled rifles, shotguns, short-barreled shotgun, etc., for transactions that don't involve federal firearms licensees.

An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence. Likewise, antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)

Tell you what, as soon as you explain how "Shall not be infringed" means that you can make up any rule you want I will be happy to explain that private sales between individuals of anything, including guns, is not covered by the Constitution in any way, shape, or form.

"Shall not be infringed" is irrelevant. State and federal courts have "infringed" several times and will many more times in the future. The 2nd Amendment is nothing but a fossil from another time - a different time. Even wingnut Scalia made that clear.

The Constitution is only irrelevant if you do not live in the United States.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTHdC7k4uY]Coming To America - Neil Diamond - YouTube[/ame]

So, you're cool with letting people buy guns and do a Sandy Hook shooting as long as they are executed?

What about if they commit suicide before being brought to trial (like what happens in most cases)?
I realize you're stupid so debate is tough. But try to understand.
I am fine with people buying guns. I am not fine with people using guns to hurt or kill or threaten other people. Let's punish crime, not something that really isnt a crime.
Is that clear? Get an adult to help.

I just found this as another poster's sign..

The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal Principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections. Justice Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia Board of Education vs. Barnette, 1943

Jackson was a Huge Democrat.

Since when do we vote on our rights? Jackson, a Democrat says "Never"

The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal Principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections. Justice Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia Board of Education vs. Barnette, 1943

Who gives a fuck? In the future, we're going to shut you down. Think about it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwpb&v=oBftzMxDtIg&NR=1]Sync - Episode 1 (Directed by Corridor Digital) - YouTube[/ame]

Baby boy, you're losing it. You might want to consider taking a break. But before you do, could you respond to post #1352 on this thread?

Last edited:
so i went to a gun show today and there were no loopholes. but i di but $1300 worth of ammo and reloading supplies. also picked up a savage 24.

so i went to a gun show today and there were no loopholes. but i di but $1300 worth of ammo and reloading supplies. also picked up a savage 24.
And you can blame obama for the high price of ammo.

tell me about it, i bought .556 in september for $295/1000. today it was going for $775/1000

.224 projectiles were $47/500 today they were $135/500 it's insane.

And you can blame obama for the high price of ammo.

tell me about it, i bought .556 in september for $295/1000. today it was going for $775/1000

.224 projectiles were $47/500 today they were $135/500 it's insane.

The cheapest I found was 500 for 350.00
Imagine some vendors were selling 223 a box of 20 for 20.00

Last edited:

Forum List

Back