Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
And you can blame obama for the high price of ammo.

tell me about it, i bought .556 in september for $295/1000. today it was going for $775/1000

.224 projectiles were $47/500 today they were $135/500 it's insane.

They love Obama.
It's not the manufactures it's the distributors that have jacked the prices up. Most gun dealers have kept what they have in stock at the same price they had before the firearm and ammo run. They will not raise their prices until something new comes in.

tell me about it, i bought .556 in september for $295/1000. today it was going for $775/1000

.224 projectiles were $47/500 today they were $135/500 it's insane.

They love Obama.
It's not the manufactures it's the distributors that have jacked the prices up. Most gun dealers have kept what they have in stock at the same price they had before the firearm and ammo run. They will not raise their prices until something new comes in.

yea, that is true. most of the reloading stuff we got today was only a few percent higher. the one major ammo guy there was up on everything. the ammo that is starting to come back in stock online from some reputable distributors is going for a lot less.

They love Obama.

yea, that is true. most of the reloading stuff we got today was only a few percent higher. the one major ammo guy there was up on everything. the ammo that is starting to come back in stock online from some reputable distributors is going for a lot less.

Where you at Charlotte today?

no, i'm in NY, but i'll be in charlotte for business in March

How are you going to handle that bitch of a new law?

ignore it for the most part. i won't be registering anything, thats for sure. Ammo I can drive across the border into PA and pick it up, or if i want to have something set mail order, my sister has a weekend hous in PA and I ship it there and pick it up.

Beyond that, hope that cuomo gets voted out next election.

ignore it for the most part. i won't be registering anything, thats for sure. Ammo I can drive across the border into PA and pick it up, or if i want to have something set mail order, my sister has a weekend hous in PA and I ship it there and pick it up.

Good luck with the election, you do realize cuomo is finically too powerful to lose.
Any reason why you can't move?

Good luck with the election, you do realize cuomo is finically too powerful to lose.
Any reason why you can't move?

cuomo can have all the money in the world, it's the opinion of the voters that will matter. guns are big in NY. already a very favorable rating he had has dropped to marginal. and most people haven't really felt the effects of his legislation. just wait til people start getting pistols confiscated because they forgot to renew their permits. wait til they go to order something online and get rejected.

i wouldn't relocate for a piece of legislation. i'll stll shoot as i always have. and there are many ways around the inconveniences he has laid on us.

All of them. All of them should be allowed to buy guns because they are going to if they want them anyway.
Now, once they use them in a crime they should executed. But that's another issue.

So, you're cool with letting people buy guns and do a Sandy Hook shooting as long as they are executed?

What about if they commit suicide before being brought to trial (like what happens in most cases)?
I realize you're stupid so debate is tough. But try to understand.
I am fine with people buying guns. I am not fine with people using guns to hurt or kill or threaten other people. Let's punish crime, not something that really isnt a crime.
Is that clear? Get an adult to help.

Here is a real adult talking. A husband, a father, a grandfather, an uncle, a citizen, a taxpayer.

This morning, 20 first graders were marked absent. They were absent yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. They were absent last week, the week before, and the week before that.

Get an adult to explain why to you. Then ask them when any of those 20 first graders will be back to school.

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke

Ok, your not interested in trying to tweak the system to gather in the pseudo dealers, you want to hold everyone responsible for every possibility. So let's extend your logic on out a ways, how about we hold you responsible for selling your car to someone with a record of drunk driving if they crash it while drinking. Or how about if you decide to sell your tools and some idiot uses the hammer to kill someone, should we send you to jail for selling a tool to an unstable person? After all hammers and other blunt objects kill more people than rifles. The point is, where does it stop? When do we concentrate on the criminal and keep repeat offenders out of society, either by killing their worthless asses or locking them up forever?

Nice childish whine. Then just tell us how many murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people should be allowed to buy a gun without a background check?

Unlike the items you mentioned, a gun has a sole purpose.

Tell me how many innocent people have to pay for the crimes of murderers, felons, wife beaters, and the mentally ill before you will accept that enough is enough.

Oh P L E A S E!!! Spare me the tears. PAY? Seriously? The currency is NOT equal.

Heaven forbid you are forced to suffer inconvenience. Instead, let murderers, felons, wife beaters and mentally ill people buy all the lethal weapons they want.

Seems like a fair trade... just leave your address.

So, you're cool with letting people buy guns and do a Sandy Hook shooting as long as they are executed?

What about if they commit suicide before being brought to trial (like what happens in most cases)?
I realize you're stupid so debate is tough. But try to understand.
I am fine with people buying guns. I am not fine with people using guns to hurt or kill or threaten other people. Let's punish crime, not something that really isnt a crime.
Is that clear? Get an adult to help.

Here is a real adult talking. A husband, a father, a grandfather, an uncle, a citizen, a taxpayer.

This morning, 20 first graders were marked absent. They were absent yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. They were absent last week, the week before, and the week before that.

Get an adult to explain why to you. Then ask them when any of those 20 first graders will be back to school.

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke
Drama queen is still queen.

Please explain how mandatory background checks, universal registration or anything else would have prevented the Sandy Hook massacre and then we can talk.

Actually in most states they are, because they are needed to process the registration.

If you think REALLY HARD, you will realize why what you posted does not contradict what I posted in any way.

Well let me think, you said dealers are not required to copy license and insurance info to sell a car. I said they are required to do so, last I looked they would be contradictory statements. A dealer can't allow you to drive away in a car without making sure you have a license and insurance, and he can't process the registration without those included in most states. Every car I've bought from a dealer, they took copies of both. There, does that help?

No, that is NOT actually what you said. You said they needed the information to "process the registration". (And they do: if you want the dealer to tag the car for you, they would need this information.) But if the dealer DOESN'T tag the car for you, they do not need that information.

Your Slave Surveillance Number, for one...Which is none of their goddamn business.

False. Bought two cars at dealers. Neither one got my SSN. Try again!
Just bought one...They HAD to have it or I couldn't take the car, per USAPATRIOT Act.

You try again.

I bought one January of 2008 and another last year. Neither dealer got my SSN (first asked for it, second did not). Just because you swallowed the line of BS the dealer spoon-fed you doesn't make it true!

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

There is no loophole. Every gun show I have been to I have filled out the yellow paper when I bought. You are mixing two things here, gun shows and private purchases. It comes across as dishonest.

If you can't post where I said anything about banning guns, then you are a liar and admitting it by not posting it.

I want renewable registration with background checks and periodic ballistics tests. With that, I don't really care if they ban a type of gun or not, but they could place some as Title II and not ban them. That's up to the people living in that area to make the laws that benefit them. My system is better than the present Title II weapons system. All I want is to discourage people shooting others with guns and making sure the guns are in the control of the owner. I don't give a fuck if you have 20 guns under those circumstances, as long as they are registered and watched to keep them out of the wrong hands. If the weapon is reported stolen and shows up in the future, I want it returned to the owner.

There was a guy here a couple days ago who has 22 guns and many are passed down from generations, like a couple Winchester Model 1873 rifles. He was telling me about his .300 Winchester Magnum and hunting elk from a helicopter. My brother probably has that many and nearly all are assault weapons. The point is as long as someone isn't purchasing and giving those weapons to criminals, it isn't important if they like to shoot them.

What's going to happen to those people when you gun nutters continue to be unreasonable and the states stick it up your ass? Your stupidity is going to hurt those law abiding citizens who don't mind being responsible and want the guns taken out of the hands of criminals and gangs. There are benefits to gun owners for registration of firearms. If the weapon is stolen, there is a system to return it. It's a benefit to not have guns in the hands of criminals and to discourage someone stealing weapons by shutting down the market for stolen weapons. When a person won't tranfer the registration, you know the gun is stolen. When having an unregistered weapon is a serious offense, people aren't going to want to buy them.

You gun nutters are just like a bunch of kids who screw it up for everybody.

Why renewable registration and periodic ballistics tests? Who would pay for them? Because...if the gun owner has to pay, then I would object to that for the same reason I would object to a voter having to pay to get an "acceptable" id or documents to prove his right to vote. It begins to put unreasonable obstacles to the persons right to excersize his right.

I figure you could get participating gun shops to fire the weapon for ballistics tests and send the bullets to the FBI to be quick scanned and put in a data base. The only thing the gun store owner would have to do is check the serial number and renew the registration, so a minor fee would cover the whole procedure, even with many firearms. The bullets could be boxed individually with the necessary information and sent periodically. The system to renew would be staggered throughout the year to prevent a rush.

You watch too much TV. Ballistics change from wear, barrels get replaced. The ballistics of my Model 29 today don't even resemble the ones from it when it left the factory 40 years ago. Many rifles (and some pistols) leave no ballistics because the rounds fragment on impact. And, of course, shotguns have no ballistics.

Cops in cities have been targeting dope dealers for decades and still I could still lay my mitts on an ounce of coke or heroin, a bottle full of 'scrip pain killers and/or a pound of weed with no more than a few phone calls.....A few "clean" firearms wouldn't be no thang.

You are truly one stupid mothafuckah. :lol::lol::lol:

Cut off the dope dealers supply at the source and see how fast the dope is off the streets.

Can't you idiots figure out America will not listen to you anymore? Your day is done, so deal with it! Don't come crying to me, so bend over like the man you are and take it! Think of it as just overtime in your bathhouse job. :lol::lol::lol:
The point being that it can't be cut off if people are willing to buy it, you towering ignoramus!

Can't you central controller commie idiots figure out that the laws of economics will never listen to you?

He is not an ignoramus. He is an ignorANUS. That is: he is both stupid, AND an asshole!

If you had a brain you would know criminals aren't going to make their own guns and gang bang. The penalty for having a homemade gun are much worse than having a real one and the cops will profile people to remove guns from their streets. The cops will use stats and focus on that area, searching people every day.

Most homicides aren't planned in advance.

Why is the penalty for a homemade gun higher than having a non homemade gun?

They have different intents. I image a homemade rifle wouldn't get heat, but it would be rather dangerous to shoot.

Not really. With modern CAD-CAM machining, it might be stronger than a factory-built one. Modern machining lets you literally scan the parts into a computer and copy them!

Gun control lost Gore his own state in 2000. I propose that alot of the people who were OK with the "dont mention gun control" Obama are not OK with him now.

If 92% of americans really really wanted it why are there not millions of people rallying for it?

Polls for questions like that are worthless.

I would suggest looking at the poll at the top of the thread.

Even among the heavily right-leaning population of the USMC board, a strong majority of posters support closing the "Gun Show Loophole".

I suspect that many pro-gun people (including me) didn't vote in the OP's dishonest push poll.

Gun control lost Gore his own state in 2000. I propose that alot of the people who were OK with the "dont mention gun control" Obama are not OK with him now.

If 92% of americans really really wanted it why are there not millions of people rallying for it?

Polls for questions like that are worthless.

I don't find it very good political analysis to consider Tennessee and gun control costed Al Gore the election. It also isn't smart for a politician to call universal background checks gun control. A politician can only get away with that in a strongly red state and better not ever try to run for national office. Even the Republicans strongly favor UBC.

Then what cost him Tennesee? Even Bill Clintion admits the AWB and subsequent attempts at gun control screwed the Democrats over for a decade.

He. Lost. His. Own. State. He shares that with Romney, and Romney lost as well.

Not just Tennessee: it almost certainly cost him Slick Willie's home state of Arkansas, also!

Forum List

Back