Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
3-190213025925-14922302.jpeg

The honest estimates put that number at less than 5%.

The NRA puts it at 10% - why would they inflate that figure?

There was a study posted earlier where UC Davis crunched the numbers and put it at 3.4% before they went on to quote the idiotic claim that it is 40% using 20 year old data. Maybe the NRA didn't get a chance to see the UC study and just guessed, which is what most people do.

Mind linking me to that UC Davis study. I'll take a look. Only thing I could find was a survey of pawnbrokers. Any help would be appreciated.

Hand in the cookie jar and this is what you come up with????

You should lay off the gold paint chips, too much lead in them.....

I can't say what the percentage of private sellers was at the last gun show I went to, but it was way below 5%

You mean that show where you peeked in the door and decided breakfast sounded better???

In that time you were able to assertain the ratio of private v licensed sellers????

Pardon me for being skeptical partner. I think Bloomberg took a harder look than that.

Hand in the cookie jar and this is what you come up with????

You should lay off the gold paint chips, too much lead in them.....

I can't say what the percentage of private sellers was at the last gun show I went to, but it was way below 5%

You mean that show where you peeked in the door and decided breakfast sounded better???

In that time you were able to assertain the ratio of private v licensed sellers????

Pardon me for being skeptical partner. I think Bloomberg took a harder look than that.

no ffl you can't sell a gun at the show. yes bloomberg looked real hard. and had to go back almost 20 years to find an inconclusive study that could even remotely support his agenda.

Last edited:
I just bought a car and had to register it to get a plate. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And those plates are a LICENSE to operate the car on public streets. If you want the car to use on your own farm or land, no need to register it.

Just like I expect to have to REGISTER to carry a concealed weapon, but for my private, in-home use, do not.

Not all states require people to register to carry.

In TX you just get a license to carry, they don't ask what you are going to carry. I need to amend that, if you qualify with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver, if you qualify with a semi-auto you can carry either.

Last edited:
And those plates are a LICENSE to operate the car on public streets. If you want the car to use on your own farm or land, no need to register it.

Just like I expect to have to REGISTER to carry a concealed weapon, but for my private, in-home use, do not.

In TX you just get a license to carry, they don't ask what you are going to carry. I need to amend that, if you qualify with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver, if you qualify with a semi-auto you can carry either.

How do you qualify?

Nope, I didn't wait in the line for parking on that one.

The last I went to was the "Great American Knife and Gun Show" at the Pomona fair grounds. I'm trying to recall if there were ANY private parties selling firearms. I don't think there were. Some homemade knives were sold privately - but so far the left hasn't decided to outlaw knives.

Not that you had any credibility to start with, but if you were trying to build some, this isn't the way.

How do you qualify?

I don't see the revolver / semiauto thing here.
Shooting requirements to qualify for Texas concealed handgun license

List of range requirements for Texas CHL
Course of Fire:

3 yard line – 20 shots:

1 shot in 2 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 3 seconds, 5 times
5 shots in 10 seconds, once

7 yard line – 20 shots:

5 shots in 10 seconds, once
1 shot in 3 seconds, 5 times
2 shots in 4 seconds, once
3 shots in 6 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once

15 yard line – 10 shots:

2 shots in 6 seconds, once
3 shots in 9 seconds, once
5 shots in 15 seconds, once

A score of 70%, or 175 points of a possible 250, is required to pass. The target used is a B-27 which is a human-shaped silhouette target measuring 45 by 24 inches. All shooting is from the ready position.

Last edited:
I had to go to the FAQ section to find the revolver / Semi-auto thing..

39. Once I am licensed, what type of handgun will I be able to carry?
You may carry the type of legal, concealed handgun you are licensed to carry under the Concealed Handgun program. You must demonstrate proficiency with the type of handgun, either a semi-automatic or a non-semi automatic (revolver) to qualify for a concealed handgun license.

My wife had a Texas permit. She qualified with a 9mm so that she could carry either. We now hold two permits each...neither are from Texas but the two permits we each hold allow us to legally carry in 35 states.

I had to go to the FAQ section to find the revolver / Semi-auto thing..

39. Once I am licensed, what type of handgun will I be able to carry?
You may carry the type of legal, concealed handgun you are licensed to carry under the Concealed Handgun program. You must demonstrate proficiency with the type of handgun, either a semi-automatic or a non-semi automatic (revolver) to qualify for a concealed handgun license.

Not going to scan my license but here's what it says on the back.
Handgun Categories:
NSA = Only handguns that are not semi-automatic
SA = All handguns, whether semi-automatic or not.

My license is Cat SA. Does that help?

Last edited:
My wife had a Texas permit. She qualified with a 9mm so that she could carry either. We now hold two permits each...neither are from Texas but the two permits we each hold allow us to legally carry in 35 states.

TX alone is good in 32 states.

Forum List

Back