Do you WANT to believe in God?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?

How is it an issue? Believing what you want is foolhardy. I believe in a god because I don't have enough faith to consider the alternative. But I don't need to make up who god is or believe in someone else's made up version.

Sometimes I think faith is a gift. Sometimes I think it is just illogical.
If there is a God, I wish they would show their face. It would solve SO many world problems.. Alien or spirit, I don't give a shit. Show your face and explain things.

If there is a God, I wish they would show their face. It would solve SO many world problems.. Alien or spirit, I don't give a shit. Show your face and explain things.

I am beginning to believe more and more in Predestination.
I think there are some that just get revelation and inspiration.
Some don't
Some want to, try to, but God just is not available to them...

I am beginning to believe more and more in Predestination.
I think there are some that just get revelation and inspiration.
Some don't
Some want to, try to, but God just is not available to them...
IMO, all predestination means is that God is one narcissistic mad man with a twisted fuckin mind.
If this god is really THE god, I don't want him to "save me"; from a "predestination" POV.

I was hoping for a more devilish God...

Many people think God is mean...
I was leaning more in the whey of debauchery...

well since you don't believe, it doesn't really matter much anyway.... I agree debauchery is more fun. No contest.
Well there are Gods of debauchery, but you go after a tea totaling,, libido lacking messiah that makes you feel guilty about your desires...

well since you don't believe, it doesn't really matter much anyway.... I agree debauchery is more fun. No contest.
Well there are Gods of debauchery, but you go after a tea totaling,, libido lacking messiah that makes you feel guilty about your desires...

I don't feel guilty - you are not supposed to feel guilty - the Bible states that.
You are also not to worry, the Bible says that as well.
Jesus drank wine.
Song of Solomon promotes sensuality

Not sure where you get your information........

and I've pretty much given up on "trying" to live a pure life.
I just don't care anymore
We are predestined - so doesn't really matter what we do

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?

Yes, but not one described by the monotheist texts.

Not one who can convict me of thought crime or who has me under 24 hour surveillance.

Who will sentence me to an eternity of conscious torture for simply not acknowledging Him despite not showing me irrefutable proof He exists. Not one who divides people from others based on whether they acknowledge Him or not. Not one who bestows reason on His creations and then commands them to have faith in His existence.

Not one who commands genocide or commits it Himself. Not one who commands that those disobey be killed or murders children Himself.

Eternal life sounds like it would eventually get really boring but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Let's just say this.
If there is a God, it matters 2 shits what we think

I don't feel guilty - you are not supposed to feel guilty - the Bible states that.
Jesus drank wine.

He drank new wine, which is not fermented..Songs of Solomon is not printed in all Bibles because of it's sexual nature...

Jesus drank wine.

He drank new wine, which is not fermented..Songs of Solomon is not printed in all Bibles because of it's sexual nature...

well whatever, no one can win an argument with you because you are not open minded. It's just a waste of time.

Jesus drank wine.

well whatever, no one can win an argument with you because you are not open minded. It's just a waste of time.
Being gullible is not the same as being open minded..

Jesus drank wine.

Being gullible is not the same as being open minded..

I don't care what you believe
A truly intelligent person considers all possibilities, rules nothing out.
I don't
Fortunately, your word is not gold

Forum List

Back