Do you wish you did a sport as a kid

I did not play any sports. I was assigned to a volleyball team, a softball team and a track team. I stood around. If I caught a ball, I'd throw it in another direction. I waved the bat about not connecting with anything. Or just put a foot on the ball and stand there. Track was easy. Walk slowly, stop and tie my shoes.

Do you call any of that playing sports?
Are you this big an asshole in real life or is it just an internet thing with you?

I never got the whole team sport thing. I mean how much does it suck that you can do everything right but because some other guy fucks up you lose anyway?
It's the first thing I look for on a job application. Teamwork is essential.
If someone is an adult who hasn't already learned to be a team player as a kid, their job application goes straight in the trash.

What choices did you make besides sports.
I played sports 100% of my time. (Exception was limited time between Seasons)
But even then I think I shot a ball, threw a ball, caught a ball, or hit a ball.
I suck at any sport with a round ball. Other than that...

My senior year of high school:
Fall: Soccer
Winter: Basketball and Power lifting meets
Spring: Tennis and Track

5 sports… didn’t make all state in any, but loved em all

I spent tens of thousands on tennis lessons
And I was barely a 4.5 level

It's the first thing I look for on a job application. Teamwork is essential.
If someone is an adult who hasn't already learned to be a team player as a kid, their job application goes straight in the trash.
I always worked for myself and you don't have to play team sports to know how to work with others.

Tell me would you hire a ex college quarterback who never won a game just because he was on a team or would you hire the NCAA champion tennis player?

Good enough and I got a full ride scholarship to college at a D1 school some of my best experiences in life and some of my best friends in life.

Forum List

Back